Chapter 9- meeting a strong foe
220 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This made Yuji think if the farm is truly inside a forest or those are just normal trees, “Is this farm truly inside a forest? Yuji thought, “I am living in a bigger danger zone. I have to make a trip around the farm as soon as possible.”

Yes, he has nothing to worry about because he is just too weak to even think about that.

As he gazed at the road that led to the unknown, he noticed a group of seven figures. They were all wearing black armor, but it wasn't heavy; instead, it was light and slightly glowing. It was difficult to determine the material used to make the armor, but it looked impressive. Their hidden faces added to their mysterious demeanor.

As for person in the front was not very flashy; he was wearing ordinary clothes, a white shirt and gray pants. He has medium-length hair and a narrow, cleanly shaven chin. From his appearance and body structure, anyone could tell that he is in his prime and likely not older than 35.

There are two weapons mounted on his horse, one is a thin long sword and the other one is a long spear wrapped in a red cloth. What’s more surprising there is not a single mark of dust on the white shirt but if someone looks closely they will be able to tell there is dried up blood on the spear and on the horse hoof.

Upon arriving at the houses, all of the people dismounted from their horses and took a moment to look around. As they did, some men who were playing cards nearby noticed their arrival and rushed over. Though they appeared fearful and confused, they managed to maintain their composure and respectfully bowed down to the newcomers, likely due to the flag they were holding.

“Is Sir Henry here?” asked the man wearing white shirt.

“ Y-yes sir is here, he is probably in the backyard.” Answered a man around 50 to 55.

“Go call him and say Knight Craith came to see him.” said Knight Craith in an unhurried and calm voice.

Upon hearing Knight Craith's words, the man quietly instructed someone to bring chairs for the newcomers. Although Knight Craith noticed this gesture, he chose not to comment on it. The man then hurried towards the only duplex house in the area.

Yuji, who was curious to know what the humans are talking about and what’s happening and why those men are in panic, already used his skill language. But unfortunately for him there’s a long distance between them, no matter how much he tries he can't hear what they are talking about.

As Yuji kept looking at the people, man named Craith suddenly looked in his direction. For a brief moment, their eyes met and Yuji felt a sharp pain in his mind. For some reason he had a sense that he had been seen through and his whole body start trembling. His body start to giving him warning and telling him to run, run away immediately,

He didn't hesitate to listen to his inner body. He didn’t waste a single breath, he ran, ran and kept running. He ran until he felt safe.

"That feeling... what the hell was that?!" he thought. As soon as their eyes locked, he felt a sudden, inexplicable fear. It was like he was staring into the eyes of a predator, someone who could easily crush him. "Is that what true strength feels like? I need to become stronger. I have to work harder than ever before to achieve that."

Craith looked a bit confused. “Why do I feel that goat was looking at me?” No, it wasn’t just a usual gaze. He felt someone trying to penetrate his defense.

“Is there anything bothering you, sir?” asked a man from beside, seeing Craith in a daze.

“ Huh? No.” Craith snapped out of his thoughts by the voice of a man beside him. He glanced at the gate where the little goat was for one last time before shifting his gaze toward the house where the man named Henry was.

As he and his soldier waited for Sir Henry to come, a few soldiers start chattering. Hearing they were having a small conversation, he didn’t say anything. It’s not like the soldier under him lacks discipline. They might be strong, but at the end of the day, they are also human, and humans can’t stay silent for too long.

Their conversation also piqued his interest. Without interrupting them, he listened to them.

“Do you know something interesting?” said one of the soldiers. “After being besieged by his own family, Ermus Henry used a lot of potion, and because of that, he lost his hair.”

“ What? I thought he had gone bald naturally!” Said one of the soldiers in a surprised tone.

“ Nah, it’s his bad luck. He lost everything: his family, his wife, his power, and his hair. What I heard is that he took a very powerful potion. That potion was so powerful, it caused him to lose hair, but his hair will grow back when the effect of that potion wears off.”

Craith glanced at the gossiping soldier behind him. Noticing his gaze, both of the soldiers shut their mouths. He knows this story about Henry better than the others do. That’s simply because of the person he works for.

Craith heard the sounds of footsteps. As he shifted his gaze, he noticed two people approaching him. One is the person who left earlier, and the other person is the one named Henry.

This newcomer has a diamond-shaped face, pairs of black eyes with long-lost arrogance, a long beard, and a bald head. Because of some baby hair that never grows strong, his bald head doesn't reflect the sun or shine on it. Even though this man looks like he is in his 50s, the truth is he is only in his 45 at best.

Seeing this, the man Craith bowed a little. “ Sir Henry, it’s been my dream to meet you in person.” Said Craith.

“ Hahahah, sir Craith, what are you talking about? Meeting you is my dream. After all, you are one of the 30 Knights to set foot on Dark Sanctum, and not only did you enter it, you have cleared it and walked out alive.” Seeing Craith showing respect to Henry other soldiers did the same.

“ Hahaha, Sir, your ears are as strong as ever. But you are over-praising me, sir. Thirty knights just in name, compared to others, I did nothing.”

Hearing this, Henry didn’t say anything. He knows this man before him is just trying to stay humble. “Since you have come this long way, you must be exhausted. Why don’t we go inside and talk over some wine?”

“Thanks For the invitation, but we don’t have much time, so we must leave immediately.”

8