9 – Now that was Fun
170 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Sorry for not put anything on for a bit. My doctor gave my something called chlorpromazine and the aliens are no longer pretending to be my girlfriend. Seriously my mind scares me sometimes with what it can convince itself. Anyway, I’m back and am going to release a few in quick succession for you all. Have fun.)  

Now that was fun. I wish I had a Go-Pro with me so I could see those expressions again. That’ll have to be an investment in the future. It felt weird, I thought I would feel something more than this feeling of exhilaration when I finally killed someone, but in reality, there was nothing but the joy of relishing in the moment.

That final Huron guy was tough. Looking at him now, I noticed the 9mm bullets from the Glock-17, I’d ‘borrowed’ from some street thugs. They had gone through this guy’s Armor like butter but had only penetrated about an inch into this guy’s skin. By the looks of it I got lucky, and a shot had managed to hit his eyeball and some of the fragments had gone into his brain.

Now that I thought about it the other also only died because of my lucky shots the kunai themselves barley made a scratch. It seems that the magic they use has strengthened their bodies as well. I pondered for a few seconds as I stared at the corpse unmoving.

I went to the mages guild and got assessed. While I had a slightly above average mana pool, I had no affinity with which to use it. I could activate magic items because I had some, but I couldn’t use magic. I would need to find a way to get stronger. I won’t be stuck hunting goblins all day.

I reloaded a new magazine into Glock and put the safety back on before sliding it into it slot on my belt next to my kunai. I then began to teleport around the battleground and collect my kunai and shell casings as well as any money on them.

I then teleport towards the group of even adventures and as I appear a few feet in front of the spear guy he drops to his knees and says in a begging tone. “Please spare us from your wrath!” I stare silently in shock for a few moments before realizing that I am currently wearing all black which is splattered in blood.

I’ve been acting all edge-lord and darting around all over the place. I suppress a laugh but an upbeat snort escape anyway. I relax my posture and say in a casual and cheerful tone. “Hi. I’m Alex Shi-Odoru.” I then lowered the cloth covering my face and let out a gentle smile. The man heaved as he hefts back onto his feet with the heavy plate. I then got curious and asked. “Who were those guys? I was passing through and saw this deranged creature lusting after that girl back there hiding behind your swordsman. Yes, I see you, it’s perfectly safe. I won’t bite.”

The spearman let out a sigh of relief but as he was about to probably begin to explain the rogue girl interrupted and said, “Thank you for helping us. We are members of Frost’s Vow. We are from the north of the kingdom originally but were on a long-term escort quest to the Moira Empire. Once it was finished, we ended up rescuing the brat Laria who was a priestess of the Moira Church. She was being lusted after by a paladin their which is the final man you killed. We were chased the whole time we were leaving the empire and barely escaped with all of our lives.”

“We thought they wouldn’t dare to cross the border, but it seems his lust was too great.” Said the ice mage. They then all introduced themselves and I pondered for a minute before saying in a stern voice with all the cheer gone. “Help me burn the bodies!”

They all seemed taken aback by my statement as I hefted one over my shoulder. The swordsman then said in a voice filled with righteous indignation. “You can’t do that. We were on the right. There is no point in hiding the fact they have been killed.”

I just turn to look him straight in the eyes with a look my teachers did when someone said something that was just dumb. “First, these are all strong guys, and I don’t want to have to deal with the backlash of having killed a bunch of steel and even an orichalcum rank singlehandedly. Second, a bunch of members of the national religion of a neighbouring nation have been killed on the kingdom’s territory. If it got out it could lead to war. I may have only been here a few weeks, but I like it here and I won’t be partially to blame if a war breaks out.”

The leader spear guy seemed to agree and begin to help me pile up the bodies. Soon the others helped as well. I did a more thorough search and found a few scrolls on the Huron guy. I also grabbed a few of the enchanted swords and knives that didn’t have any symbols on them. The rest we quickly buried.

After that we all vowed not to tell any about what happened here. We covered the ashes and began to head back to town. We joined the rest of their party, and I had a few beers with them before heading home for the night.

They said they were going to head back north to avoid the chance of being blamed for the paladin’s death. I said farewell and went off to count my spoils. The weapons were all pretty useless since they were all far too heavy for me to wield and I had only managed to retrieve them thanks to teleport. I wanted to study the runes on them and then sell them.

I took photos of the runes and then began to count the other stuff. I had got around thirty-seven gold in loose change, but it was all from moira. I decided to head to a bank and get it exchanged for gold coins which I would almost immediately save so I could porn them off back on earth if needed.

I also got a few magic scrolls. I wanted to investigate this. They all seemed basic. Like light fire, cast light, purification, healing. It all seemed like stuff a traveling group would need. The two that got my attention were a greater healing one and a detect surroundings one. They both seemed like ones I wouldn’t be able to replace with stuff from earth.

Magic scrolls weren’t expensive but as before ones that couldn’t be replaced by simply grabbing something from earth were tenfold more expensive. I then pulled out a book on magic I had been reading and put on some lo-fi on my phone as I began to focus. Just because I didn’t have an affinity didn’t mean I couldn’t use some magic. Like rune crafting for example.

 

7