14 – That Image is now Their for all of Eternity*
232 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Out of curiosity, how old are you? I know its rude to ask, sorry.” I asked as she just lay in my arms while we chatted in the spirit realm. She answered after few minutes as I took in the heavy scent of her hair which smelled like a sunny meadow. “I don’t know. I faintly remember another life. When or where I don’t know. It’s been so long. I met a few other elemental spirits, but we mostly keep to ourselves. Promise me, that you’ll visit often. It’s been so long since I felt the touch of another person.” She stared straight into my eyes as I was just mesmerized by the sheer amount of beauty in her eyes.

“I’ll come back often. I’ve already tried bringing you with me but when I’m touching you it won’t work.” Said seeing a deep recess of despair and loneliness that somewhat mirrored my own only thicker and denser, which was only ever masked by that tiny bit of humanity we both had left. She then gained a massive smile which showed off her pearly white teeth and dark green mouth and tongue. “Yay, as long as you keep your promise to do that, I’ll help you to use wind in a way which mimics spells.”

Hundreds of thoughts about how I could use the knowledge from earth to improve the potency of my spells entered my mind. I then got up and left, saying I would be back soon. I then jumped with my clothes back to earth. I then heard Ariel say. “We are you. This places lacks any signs of spirits.”

There were in fact two kinds of spirits. Those who were beings of power who after dying became powerful spirits and then the ones made of pure elemental energy. Guess which one Ariel is. I just responded with. “Yes, and the mana in this world should be thin as well. This is a cradle world which has yet to awaken even those it is millions of years old for some inexplicable reason.”
She just let out a gentle huff as if trying to figure out what was wrong with this place.

I let sensei know that I was back and was ready to begin sparring again and also helping out. I then grabbed a few dozen textbooks about stuff like Aerodynamics and Gases. Through my company I bought dozens of different gas mixes and measuring equipment. I then said to Ariel in the spirit language, and it dawned in me, and I asked a question. “How do you usually communicate with your contractors?”

She just did the emotional version of a shrug and said through the link. “By emotions obviously. I thought you could just speak the spirit language.” I just decide to ignore it and speak. This realm I’m in has next to no knowledge of magic anything supernatural. So, to compensate we have a far deeper understanding of the world around us. Which even magic only manipulates.”

“Wait, so intent to use that knowledge to improve my abilities.” she said with a questioning tone to which I just replied curtly, “Yes.” After a few minutes I found one. “Here, sound travels by creating ripples through the air. If, I just stop the air around my ears from moving then I will no longer hear any sound.”

I had managed to form the wind into tiny blades and a sphere and cause a small gale but that was the extent of that. I then closed my eyes and focused on the molecules of air by my Auricle inside the ear. With a sudden jolt all sounds stopped.

The traffic of the bustling streets of London, the clock ticking on the wall, my heartbeat and even that slight ringing you get in your ear that you can’t quite place when it’s extremely quiet. My mind got lost in the feeling and after a few minutes of not concentrating on holding the air still all sound returned. I then hear her voice in my head, “Well, did it work?” As a bit of scepticism came across in her tone.

She then continued, “There are soe mages and monsters of the sound element that can manipulate and even cancel sound, but I never thought it was a branch of air magic.”

I smirk at her contemplation as dozens of other ideas entered my head. By creating a vacuum, I could completely block any heat transfer. By removing or adding certain gasses I could suffocate someone right I front of me without them knowing or I could bolster my stamina by increasing the amount of oxygen entering my lungs.

I could use the wind like sonar or echolocation to sense objects. I could create pressure differentials and create hurricanes. I could spark two particles together to create lighting or even a thunder crack inside someone’s ear drum. I could remove all air resistance to an object. The possibilities were limitless and if I ever got my hands on a spacial or gravity spirit. Well, let’s just say the universe as a whole would begin to unravel because of my dumb experiments. I would have to practice though since I can barely Manipulate anything whatsoever.

After numerous tries I give up. I then warp to a part of London and open up my phone to search for bed stores. I find a fancy one and walk in. The entire store is empty. I browse around casually trying out each bed. I find one which is not to firm but not too hard and decide it will do for now. I look around a realise that for the last fifteen minute there has not been a single other person in the store. I walk back and forth before peaking my head around the corner of an open door which has staff only painted on the door.

My face freezes when I see four people all naked in a pile on one couch in what I think is the break room. One is completely naked lying on his back with a girl riding him in the reverse cowgirl position. Pushing her hips into the guys face as a girl who is running her tongue down the others back while a second guy who seems to be the only one clothed is pounding away on one of her holes. Which I have no clue as I quickly say. “Sorry. I just leave.”

As I walk out I can still here the slight moans as if they are still at it even though they all obviously looked at me. I just shake my head and go to another one. When I bought it back to Ariel, she was extremely grateful and hugged me. I think next thing in line should be some clothes. I going to enjoy getting her measurements though so that’s a plus.  

5