17 – Is It Kidnapping?
96 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Hey, Beckie. How are you?” I ask in a cheerful tone as I finish getting dressed after a shower since I got rather stinky from sparring. I flinched when I heard the tone she used to reply. “Hi, Georgie.”

I let out an ‘Uhhh’ sound as my mind tries to figure out why she’s mad. Oh right. I’ve been galivanting around Britain without seeing her when I said that I was leaving to find myself. I decided to stop her from starting an argument by saying. “I’m coming to see you later. I’ve got a meeting to attend please don’t be upset.”

I hear her say under her breath. “You better.” Before hanging up the phone. I then warped to my garage and began the drive to an engineering firm I brought the entirety of. I made sure it was a private company since I didn’t want this getting out. I had my law firm make the hundred or so employees sign new NDAs basically making their life a living misery if they blabbed.

I walked into the conference room where the CEO and several of the department heads were. I had already changed the name to Rampart Arms from their previous name. They mainly had acted as a sub-contractor for other firms in British and other countries defense contracts.

I hired a head-hunting firm to find more experts in several fields. The idle conversation halted when I walked into the room. I pushed the chair at the head of the table to the side and said in my best impression of a calm but authoritative voice. “You may be asking why a teenager is so interested in a failing defense engineering firm?”

There was silence as they looked at each other with concern in their eyes. I just smiled and continued. “Don’t worry all of your jobs are secure and as long as you don’t act against my interest you can expect a lot of bonuses in the future. Now, for that reason I’ve bought your company. It’s simple. I have an invention that will change the world and I want you to begin making products that use it.”

I waited for them to take what I said in and after about a second the CEO asked. “What exactly is this invention?” I just smiled and put a hand into my pocket and pulled out the power cell before placing it on the table in one smooth motion. “This…” I spoke. “Is the future of humanity as a whole. The Power Cell. I can’t tell you how it works since that is the greatest secret I possess in this world, but I have a means of cheap production along with the ability to make these in any size and shape.”

I glance at the faces filling the room which all seem unconvinced or skeptical while trying not to seem arrogant since they might lose their jobs. “This little thing here provides 3.7 Watts of power continuously for about a hundred years while weighing in at about 27g and costing about thirty pounds to produce. It also provides no pollution or radiation and since it is made of non-toxic materials is environmentally friendly and renewable.

Once it set in, they all almost collectively gulped. If what is said was true hundreds of technologies which have been relegated to labs stuck always hooked up their mains lines or the inherent disadvantages to electric cars could be avoided. Drones with infinite range or giving free cheap energy to the world was a possibility within their lifetimes.

I smiled as we began to talk at length about what possibilities we could do. Earlier I had bought a factory and hired a few experienced workers to automate the assembly if the individual power chips and begin the start of an adaptive assembly line which would be able to construct larger things like generator to smaller ones like calculator batteries.

They were told to keep mum since this was extremely advanced technology which if it got into the hands of the wrong person could destroy the world. Thankfully, only I could get the magic stones required for the application fluid. I would tell the engineering firm about runes eventually since I would like to see what humanity could do with runes which resembled something a lot like computer programing, for now they would just help me build a few things. I should start some flying lessons for an Osprey. Yeah, that would be the best vehicle of choice. I needed something which could fly like a plane while still being viable for landing in rugged terrain. I could just bolt some large power cells on them after a lot of modifications and have near infinite range.

From the distance to the horizon in ectasia I could guess that the planet’s surface was about three times the size of earth’s own surface. I would need some kind of transport which was reliable enough to do this job. One of my law firms had already contacted Boeing for an order of six along with the requisite parts. Now we just had to wait for their reply and for the approval of the US government to sell them privately.

I walked out after about an hour of discussion and headed to Rebecca’s place. I knocked on the door and she answered. Before she could even ask anything, I said while sticking my head inside the door. “Is he here?”

She stepped back with a look of confusion on her face and spoke. “No, He’s at work.” I just walked in and closed the door. “Good.” I said after making sure it was locked. She had a look of suspicion on her face as she asked. “Why are acting all sketchy, and why on earth did you drop of the face of the planet and then reappear as a millionaire.”

I just smiled and grabbed her hand as I grabbed her coat from the hook on the door and jumped. She fell to her knees and vomited. A side effect, I guess. After reorienting herself she stood up and looked around. She then turned to me and asked. “Where the fuck are we…?”

3