Chapter 1 : Cao Fenguan
230 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you for your purchase." A tall, handsome young man sits boredly on the shelf of his somewhat run-down store, thanking his customer.

The older man smiles at the young man and leaves the store after greeting him.

When the man leaves, the young man is once again stunned, wondering why life is so unfair to him.

His name is Cao Fenguan, and he reincarnated into this cultivation world, where only the strong dictate the rules and stand proudly over the weak.

In his past life, he despised all novels that dealt with systems; to him, the so-called trick was just an easy path to the top. He always liked novels where the protagonist worked hard and went through many tribulations, from being a nobody to being recognized by the entire vast universe.

Many examples were his beloved Lin Dong from the novel Wu Dong Qian Kun, who went from being a commoner in his family's secondary branch to being a power in the upper plane of his universe.

Another was Xiao Yan from Battle Against the Heavens, a fallen genius who, with the help of his master, also rose to the top.

And just like many other protagonists, whether it was Tang San's bastard or Luo Feng from Swallowed Star, they all worked hard.

Like him, he had been waiting for it since he first opened his eyes in this world.

But to his disappointment, fate abandoned him.

He was born into an aristocratic family, without a trick, without talent for cultivation, and to make matters worse, he didn't even have any knowledge from Earth that could be useful in this medieval world.

That was how he regretted only reading novels in his past life.

It didn't take long for him to realize that he had reincarnated into the novel of Tales of Demons and Gods, precisely in Glory City.

The people here have survived by hunting the nearby Demon Beasts for food, crystals, demon spirits, and other items that are then used and traded within the city.

There is no external trade as they are isolated.

Several families have survived so far divided between Main Families, Nobles, Aristocrats, and Commoners.

Thinking that he could live at least a humble life, reality hit him.

His family expelled him for offending a young master from a highly respected Noble family.

His fiancee was stolen by that young master, and his family allowed it only to gain the favor of the young man.

There were no cliché words like 'We're not in the same world' or anything like that from his fiancee, she just told him to blame himself for being too weak.

His parents died when he was young, so he could only occupy his poor shop and survive.

At this point, he didn't even care if Nie Li reincarnated or not, for him, who didn't even have the strength of a bronze-level spiritist, it was unnecessary to say anything about the future, it would only complicate things.

The City was already in enough tension with the Dark Guild.

Regarding cultivation, you had to consider the following:

- A fighter uses more traditional formation methods involving martial arts, endurance, strength exercises, and natural abilities, basically strengthening their body. Generally, a fighter is one rank weaker than a spiritist. Example: a gold rank fighter is as strong as a silver rank spiritist.

- A demon spiritist uses a cultivation technique to increase their soul strength. When the soul strength is strong enough, the spiritist can contain a Demon Spirit in their soul and temporarily fuse with it to gain powers beyond a normal human being. These demon spirits can continue to evolve through mutations. Also, the stronger the spiritual sea is, the body must be able to support it, that is, you have to train like fighters.

- A demigod perceives the energy of the Law and cultivates it. There are approximately 70 laws that can only be perceived from the legend rank onwards. When someone is the best at controlling and understanding a law, they become a Spiritual God of that Law until they are surpassed or die.

The realms are characterized as follows:

Bronze Realm, Silver Realm, Gold Realm, Black Gold Realm, Legend Realm, Demigod Realm.

Each Realm is divided into five stages, which are called stars.

A Demon Spiritist can form a Soul Realm (or Spiritual Sea) within their "energy center" located in their head. They are capable of integrating captured Demon Beasts into this soul realm, and then they can fuse with their demon to gain greater strength and abilities than a regular fighter.

There are also seven different types of soul realms. Each type represents a person's unique personality and talents. By using a Primary Soul Crystal, an individual can discover their type, attribute, and form of the soul realm, as well as the amount of soul strength they possess. It is widely (incorrectly) accepted that an individual's soul realm class determines their training potential.

A person's soul form and attribute can be seen by pouring one's soul strength into a soul crystal. The characteristics of the soul will be shown by the shape, attribute, color, and soul strength inside the crystal. By observing this, the most appropriate cultivation technique can be determined. Practicing an inadequate technique would decrease the potential growth limit and retard cultivation progress.

Although it is true that some realms are more difficult to train than others, apprentices of all classifications can obtain relatively high ranks if they train diligently with an appropriate cultivation technique.

After a while, Cao Fenguan, seeing that it was already completely dark, gets up to close the dirty and rundown store.

At that moment, a cold and emotionless voice resonates deep in his head.

[ System linked successfully, congratulations to the host for being the new owner of the Dimensional Store ]

Cao Fenguan: "-_-"

10