Karma and Seals(2)
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After months of relentless dedication and hard work, Glenn finally achieved a major breakthrough in his magical experiments. He successfully created the first prototype of a seal, a remarkable feat that would come at a significant cost. This seal, when activated, would sacrifice the functionality of his right arm in exchange for a karmic seal on his tongue. It was a bold and risky move, but Glenn saw it as a necessary step towards unlocking greater magical potential.

The karmic seal held immense power. It acted as a mark of debit, containing karma that could be used for various transactions. What made karmic seals truly unique was their ability to continuously absorb energy and grow more profound, akin to organs in the body. Glenn was determined to accelerate this process, hoping to regain the functionality of his arm as soon as he was out of sight of the royal family. He knew that they considered him useless with a crippled dominant arm, rendering him unable to effectively use magic. And in their eyes, uselessness often led to disposability.

Glenn was aware of the risks involved in implanting a karma seal. The constant drain on one's energy led to a high metabolism, resulting in physical changes. He would become pale, skinny, and sickly due to the accelerated process he intended to catalyze using his blood. The sacrifice was not only the loss of his dominant arm's function but also his overall well-being. He would suffer from anemia, constantly battling fatigue and weakness.

Moreover, the paralyzation of his arm through the seal meant that if a negative situation were to arise, he would be utterly helpless.

In the backdrop of an impending war, the town of Konark braced itself for the chaos and destruction that lay ahead. Rumors had been circulating for days, but many dismissed them, desperately clinging to a glimmer of hope, refusing to believe that their peaceful lives could be shattered so abruptly. Some chose to downplay the situation, a feeble attempt at coping with the grim reality that awaited them.Glenn's plan was set in motion as he began manufacturing a situation that would provide a cover story for his paralyzed arm. Little did he know that something far bigger was about to unfold.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On August 17th, 1989, the unexpected happened. The town of Konark became the target of an onslaught by the forces of Amedryl.

As the sound of military vehicles grew louder, panic gripped the streets. Heavy artillery reverberated through the air, followed by the terrifying echo of gunshots. The once lively and bustling city now lay shrouded in an eerie silence. Konark, considered a mere buffer zone, had been neglected by the government, its importance diminished in the eyes of those in power. The people of Konark had been abandoned, left to fend for themselves in the face of imminent danger.The military descended upon the helpless civilians, raining down a hailstorm of artillery fire and gunfire. Panic swept through the streets as the once lively city turned into a ghostly war zone.

The war had ignited a storm of chaos and devastation, sweeping through the streets of Konark with an unyielding force. Buildings trembled under the weight of fear, their foundations shaking as the echoes of destruction reverberated through the town. Glenn, his heart pounding in his chest, found himself trapped within the relentless tempest, unable to escape its clutches.

The Zindal Bridge, once a symbol of unity and connection, had transformed into a twisted scene of horror. The air was thick with desperation as the crowd, a sea of frightened faces, became entangled in a violent dance of survival. The soldiers, their expressions devoid of mercy, fired their weapons indiscriminately, the cracks of gunshots mingling with the screams of agony and the thunderous stampede.Amidst the chaos, Glenn found himself caught in the crossfire. Gunshots echoed through the air, sending shivers down his spine. Instinctively, he ran, desperately seeking refuge from the impending danger. He stumbled upon Mufaa's library, his heart pounding in his chest. He urgently signaled for Mufaa to lock the door tightly, sealing them off from the outside world. He could hear the rapid thumping of his own heartbeat, the sound blending with the chaos around him.

As he approached the library's entrance, he saw Muffa, the librarian, frantically attempting to secure the doors. Panic etched deep lines on Muffa's face, his eyes darting between the approaching danger and the fragile barrier that stood between the safety of the library and the impending storm.

Glenn's voice, tinged with impatience, cut through the cacophony. "Let me in, Muffa! We can't stay out here! They're getting closer!"

Muffa, his trembling hands struggling with the keys, locked eyes with Glenn. Fear danced in the depths of his gaze, mingled with a hint of resignation. "You fucking brat, why the fuck are you coming here?. I can't risk opening the doors,it's not safe. For fuck's sake,find somewhere else to hide."

Glenn's voice grew exasperated, a touch of annoyance seeping through his words. "Oh, come on, Muffa! Don't be a pussy,you old bastard! We've known each other for months.  Open the fucking doors!"

Silence hung in the air, the weight of the decision pressing down upon Muffa's shoulders. Finally, his resolve crumbled, and he swung the doors wide open, his voice trembling with a mix of relief and uncertainty. "Fuck it , get inside."

Glenn darted through the doorway, the heavy wooden doors slamming shut behind him. The library welcomed him with a dimly lit embrace, shelves filled with a vast expanse of knowledge that now seemed distant and detached from the grim reality outside.

Hours passed in the suffocating silence, broken only by the distant sounds of chaos that seeped through the library's walls. Glenn, his gaze fixed upon the window, watched as the horrors of the war played out before him, each scene etching itself into his consciousness with an agonizing clarity.

Through the narrow opening, he witnessed a soldier dragging a woman by her hair, her body battered and broken. Anguish consumed him as he realized the extent of her suffering. Turning to Muffa, Glenn's voice trembled with a mixture of guilt and frustration. "What is up with this asshole? I don't understand what's so fucking funny??"

. "A man shouldn't raise his hand against a woman," Muffa muttered, his words carrying a weight that seemed to transcend their simplicity.

Suddenly, without warning, Muffa's hand shot out, the revolver clutched firmly within his grip. His first shot missed its mark, the bullet ricocheting off the walls, shattering the fragile silence. The soldier, now alerted to their presence, turned toward the library, his gaze filled with fury and malice.

Fear mingled with determination in Muffa's eyes as he fired again, the bullet finding its target with a sickening thud. The soldier's body crumpled to the ground, his life extinguished in an instant. But the woman, caught in the crossfire, collapsed beside him, her breath fading away with each passing moment.

"F...fuck..." Muffa's voice trembled with a mixture of shock and regret, his hands shaking as he lowered the weapon. The weight of their actions bore down upon him, the gravity of their choices threatening to consume him.

Glenn, his face a mask of cold detachment, confronted Muffa, his voice chillingly calm. "Why did you do that, Muffa? "

Muffa said,"I didn't want to kill her...I just wanted to save..." Glenn stopped him before he could complete and said,"

Why would you put both of us in danger? "

Muffa, taken aback by Glenn's unwavering demeanor, struggled to find the right words. His voice wavered, laden with a mix of guilt and a desire to protect. "I... I wanted to protect you, Glenn. I couldn't stand by and let him harm that woman. I thought..."

Glenn's gaze pierced through Muffa's defenses, his words cutting through the air like a surgeon's scalpel. "You're misunderstanding something, Muffa. I'm not questioning your intentions. I'm questioning your disregard for my agency in this matter. We're in this together, whether you like it or not."

A flicker of realization passed across Muffa's face, his eyes widening with the weight of Glenn's words. He could no longer view the boy as a mere bystander; Glenn had become an active participant, his own moral compass guiding their actions.

With determination coursing through his veins, Glenn reached for the revolver, the cold metal sending shivers down his spine. He turned his attention toward the fallen soldiers, their lifeless bodies serving as a stark reminder of the violence that permeated their world.

"At least finish the fucking job," Glenn uttered, his voice laced with a resolute determination. With unwavering focus, he took aim and pulled the trigger, the sound of gunfire tearing through the library's serenity. The echoes reverberated, sealing their fate and forever changing the trajectory of their lives.

Muffa watched in a mix of awe and disbelief as Glenn took charge, his actions driven by an inner fire that burned brighter than ever before.

Their eyes locked, an unspoken understanding passing between them. Muffa nodded, a mix of trepidation and acceptance etched on his face. "Fuck it... I know," he finally uttered.

Glenn's grip tightened around the revolver as he turned toward Muffa, his gaze unyielding. "We need to get rid of the bodies," he stated calmly, his voice devoid of emotion. "There are already countless corpses burning in the streets. Let's dispose of these two alongside them. And before that, strip this asshole of his uniform. It might prove useful."

2