2.9.2*
167 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SpookyErind’s phone was right below my phone, which I was holding horizontally. VVG had a local multiplayer game mode, so we both chose that. I’ve never actually played multiplayer - mostly because I didn’t really have friends that played the game. I was also pretty sure Deen didn’t play VVG.

We both connected to each other’s phones. The game decided to let my phone be the host.

“How many rounds do you want to play?” I asked. The game was made up of an odd number of rounds. Whoever won the most rounds was the winner of the match.

How about you choose? she asked.

“Hmm, let’s go for seven rounds,” I said.

Seven is a very lucky number, she said. And I’ll be the lucky one in this match. No, I will.

I rolled my eyes as I pressed the start match button. 

The game had a variety of maps. This one was a simple one, a U shape made of dirt in the middle, with two higher metal platforms on the sides. On the left platform was a small blue vehicle in the shape of a circle. Or almost complete circle - a small gap was at the front of the vehicle. On the other platform was a red jeep with a turret on the top. Its driver was completely exposed. Each map’s vehicles were randomly generated.

On my phone, a big YOU was above the blue car, while on SpookyErind’s phone, the YOU appeared above the red car. Perfect.

The goal of the game was to hit the other player’s head. Since my car had such a small gap, that’d mean I had the advantage. SpookyErind’s car was bigger and had that turret, but I could hit her driver’s head easier.

Since SpookyErind could read my mind, I’d figure she’d already know how to play. She ended up grinning. Whatever, I’ll beat her.

The game counted down. 3. 2. 1. GO!

I pressed the right side of my screen and my car went flying off the platform. SpookyErind pressed the left side of her screen and her jeep drove off. It was a bit slower than my car.

To be fair, I wasn’t sure my car counted as a car. It was just a partial circle with wheels. Maybe boys would know more about it. Everyone knows boys love cars. Even more than girls sometimes.

Which turned out to be really annoying. One of my high school classmates would keep talking about cars every chance he got. He’d talk about horsepower, model, steering, mileage, and all that other jargon. Like dude, how do you know so much about a giant piece of metal? Get a life.

I may or may not be compensating for the fact that my driving skills are… not the best. Usually, I was a straight-A student, but when I took my driver's test I only got a B. The instructor still said I passed, but I should work on driving straight and parallel parking. At least I didn’t really have to drive for law school.

Anyways, as my circle car was racing across the sky, it ended up passing SpookyErind’s jeep. Oops. Overshot it. No problem, I’ll just race back up the U and land on the other side. The turret on her jeep was firing red bullets, but they just hit the left side of the U.

I held the right side of the screen again, and my car raced into the air. I pressed the left side hard so the car would spin. It ended up going towards the left side of the screen. I wasn’t sure if this was physically correct, but it worked in the game, so who was I to complain?

As I flew to the other side, SpookyErind pressed the right side of her screen so the jeep backed up. Which was a good move because I’d probably land on her head otherwise.

Landing, I prepared to charge toward the right side of the U, but before I could do that, her jeep fired a bullet that somehow made it into the small gap in my car. The bullet hit my driver, and it said RED WINS on my screen.

“Okay, you just got beginner’s luck,” I told her.

Like I said, seven is a lucky number, she giggled. Also, since I’m you, it’s more like I’m a veteran.

“Yeah, yeah, if your jeep couldn’t fire, I would’ve won,” I groaned. She stook out her tongue.

The game generated the next round. Here, a large platform was in the middle of the map, surrounded by a U below it. On the left sat a blue racecar. It had a long front, and the driver comfortably sat in the back. On the right side was a red shopping cart.

I think the name of the racecar in the game was an F200. I had no idea if that was a real type of racecar or if the developers were just pulling shit out of thin air. But on the other hand, they put in weird vehicles like the shopping cart. That thing didn’t even have an engine! How was it supposed to move? But it did. To be fair, I’ve played way more non-realistic games.

“Who has the luck now?” I grinned.

We’ll see about that, she said.

The game counted down. 3. 2. 1. GO!

I immediately pressed the right side of the screen, and SpookyErind did the same on her phone. Her shopping cart went off the side as my car chased after her.

But her car went down the left side of the U, so she’d get more of an advantage since she’d be able to hit my driver in the back easily. I had to be careful, so I pressed the left side of my screen to go back the other way. Thankfully, my racecar was faster than her cart, so it easily got to the left side of the screen and prevented her from attacking my driver from behind.

As I got to the other side, I fell off the platform into the U. My racecar rocketed towards the right side as I pressed down on my screen. SpookyErind also tried to go right to get out of the U, but her shopping cart wasn’t fast enough to head into the air. The tip of my racecar poked her driver.

“I win!” I cheered.

Well, since I’m you, I also win, she said. So, I’ve already won twice.

“But that means I’ve also won twice,” I said. She giggled. 

The third map was a dirt hill surrounded by flat ground on the sides. We both had the same type of vehicle this time - snowmobiles with a little snow cannon on the front. Now, it would be a true test of skill since both of us had the same car.

As the game said GO, we both rushed toward the middle of the hill, but as we got to the top, SpookyErind started rubbing her cheeks against mine.

“What are you doing?” I cried out. I lost concentration and SpookyErind’s snowmobile jumped over the edge and fired a snowball directly into my driver’s head. 

I win! She giggled.

“You cheated,” I said.

I didn’t cheat, she smirked. I was just showing you my love.

“Okay, cheater.”

If a little rub is all that it takes for you to lose, then doesn’t that mean I’m the better player? She asked.

“No, I won’t fall for that again,” I said. 

And it turned out to be true. I won the fourth round even though SpookyErind tried messing with me again. Sadly I lost the fifth, but I made a comeback with the sixth. We were both tied now, 3-3. This final match would be the tiebreaker.

SpookyErind leaned her head back. Fine, I’ll move back since you keep accusing me of cheating.

“Thank you,” I said. I should reward her for not messing with me. That sounds like a really low bar, but what can you expect from an Adumbrae? Hey! I’m a Corebring actually.

Anyways, the next map was a rotating metal platform in the middle, with dirt ground below. Both of our cars were the same and on opposite sides of the platform. More specifically, it was called the Boar. It looked like one of those old cars from the early 1900s, but it was very fast.  Just like those cars from the early 1900s, the driver was completely exposed at the top. 

SpookyErind was behind me, and her head was facing the back of my head. 

The back of your head looks cute, she said. 

“I wouldn’t mind trying out some of that floaty hair you have,” I said. SpookyErind smiled. Somehow, it didn’t feel as mischievous as before. Even more so, I was being genuine here. Imagine having glowing red eyes with white floating hair. It would be so cool. Although, I would still like the option to go back to my normal look.

Thanks, SpookyErind said. 

But now it was the time for my competitive streak. The game started counting down. Since our senses were connected, SpookyErind could still see what was going on. But since I couldn’t be easily distracted by her, I’d have a better chance at winning. I wasn’t going to lose to her.

GO!

I pressed the right side of the screen to accelerate, but then a second later pressed the left side. Due to how the game works, this caused the car to tilt its front wheel upward off the ground. I was going to easily hit SpookyErind with this. But instead of heading towards me, SpookyErind went off the right side of the platform. 

Unlike the other platforms, this one wasn’t static. The right side began going down, with the left side going up. My car would fall down anyways. But it was in the perfect spot to do so since SpookyErind’s car was right below. I’d land on her driver’s head and secure my well-earned victory.

Suddenly, SpookyErind pressed her lips against the back of my neck. My body shuddered and I tried turning my head sideways.

“Stop that!” I cried out. Her lips pressed harder against my neck. I couldn’t really get out of her grip since her legs were still hugging me. My heart started to beat faster again. 

SpookyErind released her kiss with a smirk. Wait a minute. I turned my head back to the game. On the screen, it said RED WINS! 

“You cheated,” I grumbled. 

Well, since you’re me, you also won, she cheered.

“Well if that was the case, you could have just let me win all 7 rounds,” I said. “Since you’d be a winner too. Instead of doing, whatever this is.”

But I wanted to congratulate you on your win, she said. So I gave you a kiss.

“It was a terrible kiss,” I said.

Really? She asked. Because right now, it seems your body really enjoyed it.

My cheeks were flushed red. And, after I’d work so hard to not be affected by this. Ugh. 

I can kiss your neck again to make you feel better, she said.

“Why would I want that?” I asked. It just caused me to lose. I wasn’t in the mood for it.

Do you want to feel grumpy? SpookyErind asked.

“No,” I said.

Are you scared of my kiss then? she asked.

“Definitely not.”

Are you sure? she said playfully. Okay, that’s it. She was messing with me again. I wasn’t going to let her have the satisfaction of me being flustered. I was going to suck it up.

“Bring it on,” I said. 

With pleasure, she giggled. SpookyErind leaned her head down to kiss my neck again. Her lips connected with my skin, and a shiver went through my body. But I stayed quiet. Calm. Focus. 

She pressed her lips more against my neck. It didn’t feel bad. In fact, it felt good. What the fuck am I doing? Am I getting turned on by my Adumbrae? Shouldn’t I be fighting her? She’d be taking over my body.

But on the other hand, I’d show defeat if I complained. I just said I’d be able to withstand whatever she’d do to me. Actually, I just thought it, but since she could read my mind it was the equivalent of saying it.

Seconds passed as she continued to press her lips against my neck. It was becoming more bearable, even though my cheeks felt super red right now, and my heart was beating rapidly. But I wasn’t going to be afraid of what SpookyErind was doing. My mind was made of steel. Wouldn’t it be cool if it actually was? Wait, no it wouldn’t it, because then I’d be dead.

At least I’m able to distract myself with random nonsense.

Then, she licked my neck. I gasped. 

SpookyErind released her lips and giggled. 

“Why’d you stop?” I blurted out. Oops, I didn’t mean to say that. My cheeks were probably redder than the color red. The fuck does that mean?

You completed the challenge, congratulations! she cheered. You really showed that you loved me.

“I don’t think that was supposed to be the takeaway,” I said. It was more that I wasn’t as bothered by her messing with me.

Anyways, aren’t you glad right now? She asked.

Not really. But I had a new resolve. I was going to beat her in a match of VVG. I knew I could do it. Even if she did any of this weird stuff.

You want to play another match? She asked.

“Yeah, just let me sit behind you this time,” I said. So I can mess with you instead.

VVG is based on Drive Ahead if you were curious.

4