2.20
95 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What would it be like to have a camera watching you while you sleep? It’d be pretty creepy I’d imagine. I could see my limp body from both SpookyErind’s and Ento’s eyes. I hope I’m not actually dead. Although, since my other clones are still around, I’ll assume my main body barely survived.

Barely. Wasn’t it crazy that I was both a Corebring and an Adumbrae, yet I was being outmatched by several of the Adumbrae in the 2M’s. Was my power weak? This wasn’t fair. I should easily be beating these guys up. 

Maybe I really should have brought SpookyErind and Ento earlier. But I did really want to collect those mutants. Was it worth it? Not sure. I did know that I didn’t like my main body being knocked out.

SpookyErind charged Slinky while Ento threw syringes at him. They made a little clink as they bounced off his scales. What the fuck? That’s not fair. Did the 2M’s send all the Adumbrae that could beat me here? At least I still had SpookyErind. I’d never thought I’d say those words.

“Come fight me ya furball!” Slinky called out, dropping my body to the floor. Hey! Be careful with that! 

He charged SpookyErind and held his sledgehammer hands up high. SpookyErind sprinted so fast on all fours that Ento was having trouble staying on. 

Slinky brought down his hands on SpookyErind. But she opened her mouth and grabbed his left arm. Chomp! 

“Fuck!” Slinky cried out, jumping back. His left arm was now just a stump. Wait a minute. It was no longer protected by scales. I had Ento throw all three syringes at Slinky’s arm. 

“Agh!” He cried out. “Ya fuckers will pay for that.” Even though he was injected with the syringes, he was still growing. It seemed to slow down a bit. But he began charging SpookyErind again. His left arm was slowly healing.

SpookyErind galloped towards him. I really wanted to kill this lizard bitch. Technically, it would be SpookyErind doing the killing, but since she was using my clone, I’ll say it would be my kill.

SpookyErind opened her massive jaws, ready to chomp on Slinky’s other arm. But Slinky jumped back a bit and sent a kick at SpookyErind.

SpookyErind and Ento went flying through the air. Ento couldn’t hold on and ended up falling off. Shit, was Ento also going to be knocked out?

Something soft caught Ento in the air. I almost wanted to thrash around. But, I had her look around and saw that vines had surrounded her. Myra slowly put Ento down as SpookyErind collided with the wall.

“I don’t know what the fuck’s going on,” Myra said, looking at SpookyErind’s giant werewolf body. “But hopefully we can kill Slinky.”

I had Ento nod. Wasn’t it ironic how Myra was saving me now? She protected Ento but for whatever reason attacked me at the mall. However, none of this would make up for the fact that she bothered me. Still, I had bigger problems right now.

Mainly the 2M’s. And more immediately, Slinky. 

“Hey, can you pick me up,” I had Ento say. “Since you’re probably faster than her, I could throw syringes while evading Slinky.”

“Sure thing,” Myra said, using her vines to lift me up. Since I was just touching Myra’s vines, I didn’t get any feelings of revulsion. “I’ve never tried this before. Does this work?”

“Yeah,” I said. “Just make sure I don’t fall off.” That would suck.

“Don’t worry,” Myra said, making sure her vines firmly gripped Ento. 

Slinky was currently charging SpookyErind again. SpookyErind grew a bit from the attack, but Slinky was still growing at a slow and steady pace. Slinky managed to keep kicking SpookyErind away. That fucker hits like a truck. Not that I’ve ever been hit by a truck.

The issue was Slinky was still growing. It was like when we were fighting Miss Statue Lady. She kept growing while my Red Hood form could only grow by getting hurt or eating. But now, I could stop Slinky’s growth. 

“Try to give me an opening at Slinky’s bleeding arm,” I told Myra. 

“On it,” she said. SpookyErind and Slinky kept charging each other. Myra went to the edge of the room on the side of SpookyErind. As Slinky went to kick SpookyErind again, I launched another trio of syringes. 

They collided as he kicked SpookyErind again. Unfortunately, since our senses were linked, I could feel Slinky’s kick against SpookyErind. I also felt SpookyErind’s bones cracking as she collided with another wall. It was surprising it even held up at this point. Rage swelled up in her body as her bones regrew and got stronger. 

“You little twerp!” Slinky cried out. “I’ll fuckin’ kill ya!” He started charging Myra and Ento. This wasn’t good. Myra had tried growing, but she was nowhere near the height of Slinky. At least it seemed like he stopped growing, and some of his movements seemed off. Hopefully, the spider and bee syringes would cause enough pain and drowsiness to stop him. But he kept charging at us even though Myra tried her best to run away.

SpookyErind also ran on all fours to chase Slinky, but she was too far away. She had to heal up first before she could even begin dashing towards him.

I could feel Ento’s heart beating faster. The giant lizard bitch running towards her was catching up. And she couldn’t even do anything. She was stuck being attached to Myra’s vines floating in the air. At least Myra had the decency to put herself in front of Ento. 

This was another situation where I couldn’t do anything. Ento’s syringes were still regenerating. SpookyErind was too far behind and Myra was too fucking slow. My main body was currently sleeping on the floor. 

Slinky’s sledgehammer hand collided with Myra’s barky back. We got sent flying in the air. Myra still held onto Ento, but moved her behind herself. Myra tried flinging Ento backward a bit. At least Ento wouldn’t collide with the wall.

Ento’s body crashed into the ground instead. Ow. Another crash sound occurred. I think some of Ento’s bones were broken. She had trouble getting up. And she didn’t heal as fast as SpookyErind’s Red Hood form. Fuck. 

Meanwhile, SpookyErind grabbed Slinky’s other arm with her giant snout. Chomp. A taste of sweetness entered her mouth. She swallowed quickly and bit down on his shoulder. 

“Get off me ya furry bitch!” Slinky yelled while kicking her. But her grip was strong. And soon, began quickly growing fast. Slinky kept trying to kick her as SpookyErind munched on another part of him. The sweet scales and blood that entered her mouth were quickly swallowed. Her rage continued to grow as Slinky kept hurting her. But now, she was growing faster. She ended up biting his reptilian head and the kicks stopped. She gulped his head down. 

Those same surges of energy appeared. I could feel one stream making Ento’s and SpookyErind’s body stronger, while the other stream made us heal faster for a brief moment. This happened after SpookyErind ate Acid Guy. Ento was being brewed in pain, and all of it went away. Wow, the ant syringe really was useful.

 I still couldn’t feel anything out of my main body though. It better not be comatose forever. The fuck was I going to do then?

I had Ento get up from the floor since her bones all healed up now. Myra walked up to her as SpookyErind began charging back the way she originally came.

That just left my limp body, Slinky’s headless corpse, Myra, and Ento. 

Myra walked up to Ento and asked, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, but I can’t feel anything from my main body,” I had Ento tell her.

Myra grew some vines and sent them over to my main body. For a brief moment, I thought she was going to pierce my body with skewers. But she gently lifted it up and brought it over. I was about to try and stab her with Ento. But I’m not sure her syringes could go through Myra’s bark. 

Why was I concerned that she was going to attack me? Maybe this place was just giving me bad vibes. I wasn’t having a good time here at all. Maybe I should just ask if we could leave. 

“We should try finding the others,” Myra said, carefully carrying my body on her back. She used some vines to hold it in place.

“Yeah, good idea,” I had Ento say. Hopefully, all the 2M’s would be weaker after this. I hope none of them were as strong as Slinky. SpookyErind was running off somewhere, and I didn’t know why. I kind of preferred her with me to protect my main body.

But that has to mean something right? I wouldn’t be in danger. She said time worked differently for her, and she seemed to be able to tell the future somewhat. If she left me, then would that mean my main body would be safe? I hope so.

“Umm, which way should we go?” I had Ento ask.

“I don’t know,” Myra replied. “Let’s just go left.” Great. We have no idea where we’re going. 

 

These are some really long hallways. What if our teammates were dead? I guess that would be pretty funny. Myra and I would be the only survivors. It’d be fun to see her reaction. And I’d get Deen’s house all to myself. At least until someone would come to check in on her. 

“So, why were you riding that giant werewolf Adumbrae?” Myra asked.

Fuck. I knew I would have to answer that question eventually. 

“So Ento and my other clone were fighting some of the 2M’s in one of the other warehouses,” I had Ento say in a somber tone. “We were doing quite well, but suddenly the 2M’s unleashed a horde of mutants and drones on us. I thought both of my clones were going to die. My other one got knocked out.”

Myra stared at Ento. Unlike when I told the story of Red Hood saving me from the Sanders mall, I couldn’t really gauge her facial expressions with all her bark covering her. I just had to hope she would buy what I was selling. 

Still, I had some tools to craft a good story. First, just like before, divert. Make it a sob story like I did with the Sanders Mall story. Unfortunately, Myra was a bitch last time and suspected something foul with Red Hood. So she kept pestering me to get to the point. But now, I was a Corebring, so she shouldn’t have as much to be suspicious about. Well, I guess it did seem I was working with an Adumbrae. But I can do something similar to my Sanders Mall story.

“Uh, so where does the giant werewolf Adumbrae come in?” Myra asked. Wait you impatient fuck. I was getting to that. 

“Like I said, my other clone got beat up by some of the mutants, but suddenly, I heard a giant crash in the room we were in,” I explained. “A giant furry creature comes out and starts attacking the mutants.”

“So it just rammed through one of the walls?” Myra asked.

“Yeah,” I had Ento say, her voice quivering. “I tried moving my other clone out while they were fighting, but suddenly the fighting stopped. I had Ento look up and the giant werewolf Adumbrae was in front of me. I thought it was going to eat me - I saw what it did to those helicopters on TV.”

“But clearly it didn’t attack you,” Myra said.

“No, but it grabbed me,” I had Ento point at herself. “I thought it was going to chomp on me with its giant teeth. But instead-”

“It put you on its back?” Myra cut me off. Fucking bitch. Don’t interrupt me.

“Yeah, it was pretty crazy,” I said. “It’s the 2nd time an Adumbrae has come to save me, and I don’t know why.”

“Me too,” Myra said. I still couldn’t read her. How annoying. But she didn’t sound as aggressive when I met her at Deen’s house. Still, she was being an impatient bitch. So let’s make her feel a bit guilty.

“I’m glad they did save me though,” I said. “If they didn’t, then I might have died to that Skewer guy at the Sanders Mall.”

“Umm… yeah,” Myra stuttered.

“Anyways, where do you think that guy went?” I asked. “He attacked us so he’s probably part of the 2M’s. Maybe he even took Kelsey!”

“I’m not sure…” Myra’s voice quivered. I internally smirked. She couldn’t refute any of my claims otherwise she’d reveal herself as our attacker. Of course, I knew she wasn’t part of the 2M’s - she was just a dumb bitch with superpowers. I should tone it down though. Save some of this for when I punish her later. I wasn’t really mad at her now - it was hard to keep emotions like that for long. But I did have Rules to follow. 

“How do you think our teammates are doing?” I asked. It's best to go onto a new topic so Myra isn’t wallowing in sadness. 

“I’m sure they’re fine,” Myra said. “They wouldn’t die that easily. Deen’s with them too, so her Guardian Angel can help out. Hopefully, we can find them soon.”

“Yeah, I-” I said as the sound of gunfire filled the halls.

I was prepared to move, but nothing shot at us. Was it in another room then?

“That’s probably our teammates - let’s go!” Myra yelled as she grabbed Ento with one of her vines. 

3