The Darkness Takes Precedence(1)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2-The Darkness Takes Precedence 

 

At the top of the Roof, stands one man. Bed sheets bellow in the wind and laundry is left to hang out for dawn.

 

Liam stood still taking one last look at the city below him. 

Tap Tap Tap*

Confused Liam looks behind him.

“They found me,” he scoffs.

Liam closed his eyes to focus his hearing on the unnatural sound.

While doing so he heard something gravely unusual.

Liam quickly activated his sixth sense as he touched the ground his hand vibrated.

Flowing through his hand to his brain he analyzed hundreds of possible scenarios and outcomes.

Weight, height, muscle tone, bone density, weapons, and armor.

Just by hearing their bodies move, Liam could decipher what was happening.

1,2,5,9.

Liam anticipated multiple men but nothing happened. The sound stopped.

“They fell back... could it be that they have a sixth sense user? No wait, one is coming.”

Liam removed his gloves, patiently waiting behind the door.

The door swings open.

The uneasy old man coughs. 

"I-I-I'm sorry." 

"My name is Ken. Can you please get off the roof? It is against the law to be up here after certain hours."

Looking left to right, Ken desperately searches for the man on the roof.
Looking behind the door he sees nothing.

Liam vanished.

 

Ken had one hand by his side. Always hovering over his rusty knife.

He looked all around the area But he saw nobody, just the same old bed sheets and underwear left out by the guests.

Ken's anxiety ate away at him, he paced back and forth, his gaze darting from left to right and even scanning above him.

But there was nothing.

Just the cool winter breeze.

Goosebumps appear over the man's body.

As he is alone in the dark he pulls for his flashlight. Ken is shivering in the cold, the only thing he can hear is his own breathing but finally he found something.

Behind the bed sheets was a container. His eyes quickly saw some shoes.

Yes! I got him, no point in playing innocent anymore.

"Hey you, get out with your hands up!" Ken flashed his ID as proof that he was an undercover officer. "You're under arrest for trespassing and breaking and entering."

Ken’s voice cracks as he tries to speak. 

“Don't make me hurt you”

Cough* Cough* Cough* 

"What the fuck?" 

As Ken struggled to breathe, his gasps resembled the wheezing of an asthmatic. With every attempt to exhale, his lungs emitted strained and raspy sounds, intensifying the severity of his coughs. And with every attempt to inhale its as if he could not obtain any air. 

His airways constricted, creating a sound of disturbing wheezing that echoed through the roof. 

Each cough hurt like a thousand needles pinching his lungs. 

Darkness filled the air. 

Ken did not know it however his fate was already sealed, the moment he stepped onto that roof with Liam.

0