Chapter 10
1.5k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10

CEDRIC DIGGORY

Cedric was sitting in the class for DADA. The new professor was young but had quite a bit of practical knowledge regarding the subject. She might not have been the best professor they had been taught by, but she was definitely amongst the better ones.

"Ok, now I want you all to understand that your NEWTs are going to be a bit different than your OWLs. Your OWLs focus more on the theoretical portion but you will need a better grip on the practical side to score well on your NEWTs."

The former Auror trainee spoke. She had allowed even those with Acceptable to take the class, so the class was quite full. This was the reason he sat with Amy Leighton, who groaned as she heard those words. Amy had been somewhat forced by Elizabeth to take the class.

"I suck at that. I never should have taken the class. It is quite hopeless," Amy lamented in a hushed tone. Just as he was about to reply the door to the classroom opened up and he saw someone enter the classroom.

"I am sorry for being late Professor," his friend Edward apologized to the professor. Though from what it seemed the new professor did not seem to mind.

"Yes, I received the note. But please try to be on time from now onwards. Take a seat." And she continued speaking.

Edward walked to the empty seat beside him and took it and was immediately bombarded with questions from Fay.

"Where were you? We searched the whole school for you, McGonagall was looking for you?" she spoke in a hushed tone.

Edward just hoped that the new professor did not spot them.

"I was busy somewhere. Plus, I just met McGonagall. So, no need to worry." And then he began to take out a book. But Amy was not finished yet.

"Why did you even attack that French kid? Honestly, they could have suspended you for that. You were never this careless," she spoke worriedly, and she was right.

Edward had been behaving a bit differently this year. Not much mind you, but previously he always tried to maintain a low profile but this year he had given up on it and was taking the spotlight. Too much spotlight some could argue. Edward just turned his head to look straight at Amy and replied with a very telling smile.

"I couldn't let the boy insult my girlfriend now could I?"

And Cedric nodded his head at that. But the words took a moment to register. But when they did Cedric's head whipped towards his friend, who was smiling at them. But it seemed that Amy could not control herself.

"I KNEW IT! FINALLY!" she somewhat shouted. And the whole class quieted down beside them. Everyone was looking at their table and from what Cedric could see the new professor seemed a little bit annoyed at her once favorite junior.

"Miss Amy, do you have a question?" the professor was giving her a way out. Many would have simply chucked her out of the class for this. Amy realized the conundrum she was in and stood up.

"Yes… yes. I have a question. Umm, I wanted to ask about the difference between the use of this subject in different fields. Like how its use is different as an Auror to let us say the use as a duelist."

And he saw Professor Tonks nod at that. It was weird calling her Professor.

"That is an incredibly good question. Would anyone like to take a shot before I give an answer?" everyone kept their hands down. Then he noticed Edward raise his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Edward." And he was pointed out.

"Well, first it would be the suitability. Duelists would prefer showy spells as it is basically a sport. While as an Auror you would have to focus on the effectiveness." Edward began. And he saw the professor nod at him.

"And?" she asked him to continue.

"Second, would be the legality of it. Many sells are banned in the dueling circles outright while some spells are banned for the Aurors, yet the rules are much more flexible. And perhaps the greatest difference would be the skill. While each duelist has his own style. Most Aurors follow a ministry-designed curriculum and so each Auror would have quite a similar skillset." Edward finished and the Professor nodded at that.

"That almost covers it all. But I would like to point out that. Many Aurors are ex-duelists and vice versa. So, If you are aiming for one of these professions you will have a backup option in the second profession. Though both of these professions are highly competitive so be careful when you apply for them."

And the lecture continued. Amy had been staring at Edward throughout the whole lecture. Well, he had been as well. And as soon as the bell rang, and the lecture ended. All three of them were joined by Elizabeth and before words could be spoken Amy pulled out her wand at Edward.

"Details! Now!" she said threateningly. Cedric nodded beside her friend.

"Come on. There is nothing to tell!" but before he could finish the wand lit up slightly and Amy was now giving Edward a glare.

"Ok but let us get out of the classroom first."

Just then a new voice interrupted them as Cedric felt someone wrap his arms around his shoulders.

"Hello everyone. What are you guys talking about," it was the cheery voice of Henry Rowle. And before Cedric could reply Amy spoke up.

"Edward has a girlfriend."

"Woohoo, man. You just won me a hundred galleons. Congratulations man!"

0000

FAY DUNBAR

Fay just looked at the shimmering face of her friend as she just kept smiling. Both of them were in their room. And Fleur had regaled her the tale about just enough times to satisfy her appetite. Fay was quite happy for her friend.

"I told you that you were worrying over nothing. Anyone who had seen you two talk could tell that he was into you," Fay said to her friend who seemed a little embarrassed initially but counterattacked immediately.

"And why didn't you tell me that he asked you about my favorite food? If you had told me I wouldn't be so worried about all this?" Fleur said heatedly. But Fay just shrugged innocently.

"What was I to tell you? I was not aware that he was going to make it for you himself. Honestly, it is good that he can cook. Because we all know of your prowess in that regard!" and as soon as the words had left her mouth a pillow descended upon her.

"I will beat you up Fay," and both friends began to hit each other.

"Maybe I should tell Edward about your temperament. Warn him so that he could save himself," Fay said teasingly. But Fleur just blushed and smiled.

"Perhaps he is already aware of my temperament," Fleur said somewhat haughtily.

Fay just shook her head and sat on the bed once more. And then she remembered something particularly important.

"Did you tell him about your father?" she asked her friend.

Fleur nodded her head as she also sat down on the bed once more.

"And what did he say?" she further asked. Fleur looked up at her and replied.

"He said that I should not worry. That he will take care of it."

"Did you tell him about your father's nature? Honestly, I love you Fleur, but he scares the shit out of me?" Fay said dramatically. And it was true. The man loved his family but was more of a traditional father. He was a seasoned politician and would use everything at his disposal.

Fleur just chewed her lips at that and nodded her head at that. Then she spoke up lightly.

"He did invite me to a date with him next week. He also mentioned that he had something to show me."

"Oho. A date. He sure moves quickly." Fay said teasingly. Fleur just blushed lightly.

"Then how about the Triwizard tournament? Will you compete against each other?" Fay asked once more.

Fleur nodded at that.

"Yeah. He placed his name in the goblet today. So, if we are chosen, we will compete against each other." Fleur replied.

"Hmm, well we will just have to wait for tomorrow. How about we talk a bit more about that date you have and what you are going to wear on the day?"

And the two friends would be busy deep into the night talking to each other. The darkness around the magical carriage would grow and soon the next day would rise. But in that darkness, several plots were being hatched.

0000

Ludo Bagman was walking out of the ministry after a long day at work. Tomorrow, he had to go to Hogwarts for the selection of champions. A small part of him was dreading it because he had to face those Wesley twins.

Augh, he really had to get his habit into control. He was carrying a folder. This had all the tasks of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. He moved through an alley in Diagon to reach his apartment. Just as he reached the door of the building. He stopped momentarily to get the key.

But at that moment he felt a presence behind him. He turned around and before he could get his wand out. A spell hit him.

"Imperio."

A stout man said in a gigglish voice. Ludo Bagman was many things but strong of a character he was not. And a certain haze took over his mind.

"Open the door and enter your apartment." The voice added. And Ludo followed.

The two people reached Ludo's apartment. It was a small place filled with pictures of his time playing as a beater.

"Give me that folder." Ludo handed over the folder and the small, plump man began to read through it. And then he waved his wand and a copy of the papers appeared.

And then the man pointed his wand at Ludo's form once more.

"Solium." And Ludo's eyes began to close.

The man left the apartment and crackled out of existence. They had finally found a way to plan their master's return.

0000

Voldemort is making his own moves.
Ludo Bagman just went bonkers.

52