Chapter 21
1.1k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21

FLEUR DELACOUR

Fleur was slightly nervous as she trodded down into the lounge of their apartment. They had come home from the dinner, and the Headmistress had allowed her to leave with her mother and spend some time with her. Being a champion obviously had its perks, more so when the Headmistress was acquainted with their family.

And as Fleur had expected, she found her mother sitting there, reading a book as she sat in front of the fireplace. Her mother had probably heard her and looked up at her and smiled at her.

"Ahhh, I was thinking about when you would show up," Fleur was slightly embarrassed that her motives had been read so quickly. Her mother laughed as she closed the book and beckoned her over.

Fleur walked towards her and took her usual place below her sofa as she nested right below her.

"What are you talking about? I am just here to talk to you. It seems like you didn't miss me at all?" Fleur complained, and her mother ignored her complaints as Fleur felt her mother's hands brush her hair.

It was somewhat of a ritual at this point. Fleur would often sit with her mother like this, and they would just simply sit and talk about their lives. Though, mostly it was just her doing the talking.

"Come on, my little chick, give your mother some credit. I have lived through these years as well and have a very good idea of what you wanted to talk to me about?" Fleur blushed at that and rolled her eyes as her mother just teased her again.

"So, if you are so sure about this, why don't you tell me what I am about to ask you?" she goated her mother, and it seemed she had also had enough as her mother finally replied to her unasked question.

"You, my dear, are here to ask me about your little crush?" Fleur flushed at this and humphed and was about to walk away when she felt her mother's hand on her shoulder.

"Though, I must say you do have quite a keen eye. I can somewhat understand what you see in him," and Fleur stopped and turned to face her mother, who was simply smiling.

"So, what did you think of him?" she finally relented and asked her. Her mother didn't reply immediately and only spoke up after a couple of moments.

"As I said, he seems like a good boy. He is smart and powerful, obviously, rich as well, given what you told me," Fleur's heart lit up at for a moment, but she saw her mother's expression shift slightly as she looked straight at her.

"But I must say, things aren't as simple as they seem, my dear," Fleur's heart dropped at that, and she frowned as she asked for clarification.

"What do you mean? What isn't simple?" and she felt her mother's hand brush her face as it slipped into her hair once more.

"My dear, let me ask you a question. Do you think anyone could do what Edward has done and the implications behind it all?" and Fleur frowned as she tried to make sense of this random question.

"What do you mean? Of course," though her mother simply shook her head.

"Edward is smart, powerful, and rich. Being one of these things before being twenty would have been a miracle, even if he had a special pedigree. But doing all three as a no-name orphan raises a couple of eyebrows," and Fleur thought about her mother's words.

Yes, Edward was powerful, but she did not think that there was much separation between them. Of course, the spell he had used in the competition had been a slight surprise.

"What do you mean, mother? I do not understand all these riddles?" Her mother gave her a resigned smile.

"What I am trying to say is that your little boyfriend is a man of quite some mysteries, and I just hope you don't get caught up in them with him," and Fleur held her mother's hand as she ed the question that had been haunting her for months.

"Do you think father will approve of him?" her mother sighed.

"Your father cares deeply for you, Fleur. He always has your best interest in mind. He just has his own way of showing it." And Fleur chewed her bottom lip at that. She did not doubt this, but that was not an answer.

"You do know that he was quite angry when you told him about your boyfriend so suddenly, more so when he wasn't even from France," Fleur remembered that day. In order to escape from her father's plans, she told them all about Edward.

"But I am asking whether he will approve of him or not?" Fleur asked once more, and her mother appeared as if she was thinking for a moment before replying with a smile.

"Well, I can not be sure. But it seems your father might finally meet his match in him. This might even get quite exciting," and Fleur just rolled her eyes at this, as she settled between her legs once more and rested her head on her leg.

"Don't worry too much. Everything will be fine."

And Fleur just hoped as well.

0000

ELIZABETH WHITE

Elizabeth sat in the Great Hall as the students began to trickle in. She looked up and saw that the tables were getting filled up as students settled down for their breakfast. Most of them were bust talking to each other, and she could guess the topic of their discussion quite easily.

All the gossip was about the First task of the Tri-Wizard tournament. Probably more so about the performance of their champion. The champion who had just entered the Hall.

And immediately, she could sense the change in the behavior of the students, as students, young and old, immediately began to point fingers and murmur to their friends. Then, Edward looked around and began walking towards her as he spotted her.

"Hi Elizabeth, how you holding up?" he asked her as he settled down opposite her, and she raised an eye at that. He probably should know the answer to that.

"You are asking me that even after you witnessed the whole mess the House had made," and he just smiled. Yesterday had been a mess. A general celebration had been arranged for the performance of the Hogwart's champion. And for whatever reason, Hufflepuff's dorms had been chosen.

"Ahh, it was just a bit of fun. Plus, you cannot blame me. I actually asked them to wrap it up quickly. If anyone, the blame lies with Amy, Cedric, and the Weasley twins," and she just shook her head. There was plenty of blame to go around, but it was all done. Speaking of that.

"How did your little date go? Did you also meet Fleur's mother again?" Edward nodded as he began to butter up his toast.

"Yeah, and thanks again for covering for me, and I did meet her mother and her little sister again," Edward added with a mischievous smile. Well, there was definitely a story there. However, he had still not answered her question.

"So, how did it go?" Edward frowned as he thought about it for a moment.

"It went pretty well, though she was giving me quite some mysterious looks this time around. I don't know why though," Elizabeth scoffed at that. He was dating her daughter. of course; she would give you those looks. Plus, there was a much better reason for those looks.

Elizabeth had always known that her friend was special. Yet what she had seen yesterday had blown her mind. She had never seen or heard of the spell that he had used. And though it had left him quite drained, still.

She had gotten wind of some very specific rumors about it. She also had her question and was about to ask them when they were disturbed by the hooting of owls. She looked up and saw a flock of owls rush in, each carrying their parcels.

Her owl circled over her head before she came down and settled on her shoulder. Elizabeth tickled Iris, but it seemed it was in quite a rush as it flew away quickly.

"Where's your owl?" she questioned Edward as she began to unfurl the copy of Daily Prophet.

"Ahh, well he is away on an errand for Hermione," and she nodded, at that as she opened the Prophet, stopping immediately as she spotted the Headline on the first page. This was not good.

Edward probably noticed something was off and looked up.

"What happened?" he asked with a slight frown, and she just passed him the copy of the Daily Prophet.

The first page was covered with a picture of a glowing Edward walking toward the frozen dragon.

THE HEIR TO GRINDELWALD- THE RISE OF ANOTHER DARK LORD

~By Rita Skeeter

"Well, that seems a bit presumptive, doesn't it? I haven't even formed an army or given a manifesto yet," Edward simply joked, and Elizabeth frowned at his nonchalance.

"This is not a simple matter, Edward. After your performance yesterday, people are going to raise questions. It's not a laughing matter," and it seems that the concern was lost on Edward. He just gave her an incredulous look.

"Come on, this could honestly be a joke piece," he spoke and then pointed to a paragraph.

"Look, read here," and Elizabeth leaned forward to read the specific part.

"Edward Wright's record seems to suggest that the boy is perhaps an incarnation of Europe's most feared Dark Lord, Grindelwald. Perhaps, Edward Wright is not just an heir but Gellert Grindelwald himself, disguised and preparing as he waits for an opportunity to bring about his revolution," besides her, Edward was laughing at this. And truthfully, Elizabeth couldn't stop a smile from forming on her face as well.

But that did not mean that she did not have any questions.

"As funny as it may seem, this is not good. Not that your spell work in the first task was any help," she said with a frown, and Edward just rolled his eyes at this.

"Oh, come on, just because I admire someone's skills doesn't mean I am bound to their idealogy as well. It's Reeta Skeeter. You know she just likes to spice up her stories," and while that may be true. Unfortunately, this was not good, as evident by the stares of the students.

"Still, ask McGonagall or Dumbledore to approach the Prophet and have this removed," Edward just nodded his head, ignorant of the storm this all could bring his way.

"Sheesh, just a single spell, and people are calling me the next dark lord. Honestly, if they read up what Dumbledore and Grindewald were doing at this stage, they would shut up in an instant," he complained as he put away his plate and began to sip his orange juice. His aversion to Pumpkin juice still remained even after seven years.

And she just raised an eye at that statement and asked him.

"And how would you know what they were pulling off?" and he was startled for a second. Elizabeth frowned but after a second or so, he replied.

"You know, I have heard about them. There is even some mention of them in record books…." Elizabeth was about to ask further when they were disturbed by a very familiar face of Hermione Granger.

"Edward, Professor McGonagall is calling for you," Edward looked at the intruder and smiled and, after finishing his juice, walked away.

Elizabeth hoped that McGonagall had called him because of this article. She once more picked up the Daily Prophet and turned the page, and she as surprised to see that the article continued on.

Well, she might as well read it.

0000

So, Rita Skeeter makes an entry. I have a theory that Rita is somehow related to messenger birds in One Piece. Like just a hunch (Which is probably not true)

A small clarification. Edward is not as powerful as Dumbledore, Gellert, or Voldemort. He is good very good but not to their level.

All three of them had natural talent. Compared to them, he is a hack. A smart hack, but still a hack.

A new character makes an entry next chapter. Make a guess in the comments.

39