Chapter One : World of Myths
3.5k 13 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Someone as useless and cowardly as you won't amount to anything anyway! You want to leave? Go ahead, but when you f*ck up, don't come crawling back you f*ggot!" Remembering the sneering words of his father, Liam clutched his covers closer and took a deep breath.

When he was younger, it was fine, but when he reached the tenth grade, he realized, or rather completely accepted the fact he didn't want to be a guy.

Although he tried to maintain his previous attitudes to everyone, he subconsciously withdrew into himself and began endlessly imagining daydreams of himself as he wished to be, only to be relentlessly smashed by reality again and again.

In the eleventh grade, he dropped out of school and was promptly scolded by his father, until he couldn't take it anymore and left, but he always remembered his father's parting words, even a whole year later.

He didn't confide in anyone, he shut everyone out, and simply waited for death. Maybe after it was over, he would be lucky enough to be given his wishes in another life.

At most, Liam would read books geared to a specific genre, and play games simply to have his own sense of happiness, no matter how brief in them, playing as someone who wasn't himself.

Yet, he never went beyond that. In truth, he told himself he didn't have the money to do any procedures, but in actuality, he simply lacked the confidence to face anyone's scrutiny and judging eyes.

A week ago, he used a bit of his savings to purchase a virtual reality console, something he had wanted for a while, but lacked the confidence to buy.

Inside the virtual reality games, it was highly possible to become how he wanted to be, but then if he did it, he wouldn't want to return, the despair might overwhelm him, yet he decided on it anyway.

In the end, maybe a few hours of happiness was worth it? Instead of spending a lifetime of misery doing nothing, he could experience something new but something he also desired from the bottom of his heart.

Getting out of bed, he folded the covers and walked to the virtual reality device, a helmet and a bracelet which served two purposes, to monitor vitals and to inject supplements while he played.

Holding it in his hands, he felt his heart racing. Sometimes, he dreamed of friends he could confide in, of parents who could support him, only it was always only a dream in the end.

Laying down, he wore the helmet and clasped the bracelet to his arm, attaching the tunes to the indicated slots and lay down, closing his eyes as the helmet activated.

"Detected local area network... Connection successful. Entering the HUB..." A voice spoke, sweet and melodic to his ears, yet instead of feeling excited, he felt envious of the voice, wishing it was his own.

"Please purchase a game..." Hearing the voice, he looked around and found that all around him was nothing but a large field of white, and in front of him was the HUB store.

"Are t-there any role-playing games?" He asked uncertainly and his expression brightened a bit seeing the results, four games popped up, yet the first had the highest ratings, and all the feedback simply praised it as a second world.

"Would you like to purchase World of Myths?" Seeing the cover of a lush forest filled with towering green trees, he felt his heart racing as he nodded.

"Download in progress... Estimated time remaining four minutes..." The voice spoke again, but the anticipation in his heart made the four minutes seem like forever.

"Download complete... Would you like to launch World of Myths?" The voice spoke again and Liam nodded and the surroundings faded into a darkness.

"Welcome to the World of Mythos, where you can embark on a new life, and be whoever you want to be. In World of Myths, you progress your story onwards, and forge the plots of the World of Myths. Welcome new player..."

The darkness gave way to a massive world, so huge even high above the ground, a forest stretched from horizon to horizon in all directions, filled with lush green leaves, while birds and all kinds of creatures roamed below.

"Please create your character." Instead of the calm voice of the virtual reality HUB, this voice was eager and excited, which made Liam smile inwardly.

"Is there a female option?" Looking at the gender select, the glaring one option made his heart hurt. Even if the game was amazing, he didn't want to be a guy!

"Apologies, World of Myths doesn't allow players to choose their genders, however..." The light in Liam's eyes had all but faded when the voice continued.

"Classes and traits aren't controlled. In this instance, would you like to try to roll your Class first?" Hearing the voice, Liam nodded and his budding hope completely covered the fact the tone of voice had become a bit playful.

"Generally, each player has one chance to roll a class. Using currency is also impossible and the limit is one spin per person... Would you like to try?" Liam thought for a moment and then asked a question.

"What are the chances I can get a female avatar if I do it?" Liam asked straightforwardly and the voice hummed and then spoke again.

"Classes aren't the same as other games, because Classes govern the player in many ways, if you get the Class Elven Archer, you cannot be anything but an elf."

"Similarly, your gains while training your Class weapons will be higher while using other weapons will lower your gains and slow your progress. Most people choose to not roll a Class and try to acquire them through gameplay."

"If you receive a Class, and the perks are more suited to the female gender, it will automatically choose the gender for you." Hearing the explanation, Liam was a bit nervous now.

"Is there no way to roll again?" Hearing his question, the voice replied and Liam felt a sense of frustration and a tiny bit of hope bubbling up from within.

"No, a player can only have one account, and each account has a single chance to roll a Class. That isn't to say you can't acquire a different one, but you'd need to complete various quests in World of Myths to do so."

"Okay... Then please roll." Liam said tensely and an interface appeared and various Classes flashed by in moments until it began to slow.

"Please..." Liam mumbled as the interface slowed and came to a stop, but before he could see the Class, the interface vanished and the voice spoke again.

"Congratulations on acquiring the Class - Blood Clan Princess. Basic stats have been multplied by six. Unlocked Blood Clan Princess storyline unlocked. Acquired title 'Blood Clan Princess'."

"Acquired Class skills. Acquired custom Blood Clan Princess avatar (Unable to Edit). Darkness Faction Favorability has increased by 900."

"It's a girl!" Liam said with a sigh of relief and watched as the forests below vanished and a dark space appeared, and saw a beautiful and frail looking girl, with sickly pale skin and beautiful red pink eyes staring at him.

"The Blood Clan belongs to the Darkness Faction worshipping the Goddess of Night as their patrons. As natural warriors, the Blood Clan has a fearsome reputation... Would you like to confirm the Class?" 

Liam looked at the long white hair, long and silky flowing to the girl's thin waist and her gothic dress. She looked in her teens, with visible adult characteristics, yet they weren't too prominent.

"Yes!" Liam said, as if afraid the offer would be taken back in the next moment. The surroundings shifted and became a dark forest filled with dark colored trees and a gloomy sky.

"Congratulations to December Nyx Valaine. Please say 'Status' to view your character information. I wish you a happy second life!" The woman's voice faded and Liam felt his vision shift, and for a split second he thought he saw himself vanish, and then he appeared in a densely wooded area with trees towering into the skies.

"Hello?-!" Liam felt his fingers touch his throat, the smoothness on his fingers as well as the charming and clear voice, nothing like the rough one he was used to hearing made his eyes water.

"Status?" Holding back his mixture of emotions, Liam saw an interface pop into his sight, showing a series of skills as well as different options.

Name : December Nyx Valaine

Class : Blood Clan Princess (Epic)

Race : Blood Clan (Royal)

Level : 1 (Mundane)

Skills : Blood Clan Regeneration (Racial Skill), Night Vision (Racial Skill), Enhanced Senses (Racial Skill), Blood Drain (Racial Skill), Blood Manipulation (Racial Skill), Regal Bearing (Racial/Class Skill), Blessed Beauty (Divine Favor of the Goddess of Night), High Battle Instinct (Racial/Class Skill), Mana Control (Racial/Class Skill), Ageless (Racial Skill), Sickness Immunity (Racial Skill), Sun Weakness (Racial Skill), Sun Resistance (Class Skill), Prodigy (Divine Favor of the Goddess of Destiny), Greater Physical Attributes (Racial/Class Skill)

"Is this a lot of skills?" As someone who hadn't played the game before, nor heard of it, he wasn't sure if he was lucky to have so many skills, or if it was normal, but seeing the (Epic) by his Class, he felt it should be pretty good.

"Now, I don't have to be Liam, I'm n-now D-December Nyx Valaine!" Although she stuttered a few times, her new body boosted her confidence a bit, which allowed her to try to become more like how she wished to be.

"Yes, December... It's nice? I like it, more than Liam." December said softly and looked at her attire, a gorgeous dress, made of black silk and red ribbons, and a pair of elegant boots with heels attached.

"I can finally be a girl..." Her breathing hitched in her throat as a sense of happiness, like a river bursting through a dam surged and she plopped down to her knees and cried in happiness, her quiet sobbings echoing in the almost silent forest.

106