Chapter Eighteen : The Night of Bloodshed (1)
900 8 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a little dark. Not sure what warnings I should place if any are needed?

"Little sis, we should head back." At the table, December ate from a platter of fruits, while Vanity sat besides her munching on a cookie. Ephy looked at them and continued to sulk while biting the cookie she held as if it had displeased her.

"Your sister is right December. As a World Boss, how could you not be present often in the game? Should I make you a schedule?" Ephy said and finished her cookie, licking the crumbs from her fingers.

"What is my sister to you flatty? She's not on your payroll!" Vanity said while puffing out her chest. Ephy wanted to retort, but if she said retorted, she'd be worse off since she couldn't even beat Vanity in size!

"You brainless child! See if I don't throw you into the starry skies!" Ephy felt her chest heaving as she glared at Vanity, then felt December's hand gently holding hers.

"It's okay Vanity, I don't mind it. It gives me something to do. And..." December made an awkward expression and gave Vanity a helpless look.

"We aren't much better than Ephy..." December swallowed her fruit and quickly ran before Vanity could recover from her brief daze, while Ephy laughed mockingly.

"Little sis! How dare you stab me in the back like this?!" Vanity shouted and then grabbed another cookie, giving Ephy a look of challenge and then headed upstairs as well.

"It's good to see you all getting along, especially you and Vanity." Lynexia spoke from the chair which she lounged in lazily, and then laughed at Ephy's furious voice.

"How are we getting along?! Where do you see anything like that?!" Ephy snorted and then appeared sitting on the armrest of the couch Lynexia lay on.

"Are you sure you want her to go? Even if she's strong, there's a limit, especially for her who hasn't experienced cruelty and slaughter." Ephy said with a worried expression.

"Do you think I'm cruel? Although we can say December had nothing to do with us then, the spilled blood of my people need to be repaid by those fanatics." Lynexia's face became cold and chilling, her fangs glinting in the morning sun.

"And before you lecture me Epheria, the villages and towns we lost, where our people were slaughtered and shamed, our people who didn't fight nor want war." Lynexia said, her fury caused the cool air to feel colder to Epheria, who sighed.

"I know too well, as well as you. The cries of our people as the died, as those people invaded and carried out their acts. I know Lynexia..." Epheria said, her moon colored eyes turning red as she recalled the pain her people felt as they suffered and died.

"But we can't repeat that, or where does it end Lynexia? You know this as well." Epheria said and then held Lynexia's hand and then let go with another sigh.

"You promised them judgement. I can't help your anger, and the loss of the Blood Clan is still felt by our people. I know... But why allow December to accompany Vanity?" Epheria asked again, her blood colored moon irises were hesitant.

"You asked me for a favor when you found December, and I granted it. I also know that under the timidity and unease, she's as fierce as anyone else." Lynexia replied, then tapped the air a few times and sighed.

"I really wouldn't want her to go either, but she'll feel Vanity's emotions through the link, even between worlds, instead of lying to her, let her know the truth." Lynexia closed her eyes and sighed softly.

"I know you're also worried, so I can't argue with you Lynexia." Epheria said and then smacked Lynexia's forehead with a hand.

"And don't call me by my full name! I'm older than you by an untold number of ages!" Lynexia chuckled softly then nodded helplessly and began breathing rhythmically.

...

"It's different Vanity?" December asked uncertainly while hovering in the skies, her wings flapping ever so often looking at the town in the distance.

"It is." Vanity agreed, but through the link December didn't feel confusion, only a burning horrific anger as Vanity extended a hand and a flaming spear manifested.

"Vanity you wouldn't?!" December came to Vanity's side and held her hand before she could throw the spear. The surging Mana within would undoubtedly throw the town below into a hellish scene.

"December, you're too kind. But in order to reassure you, I won't raze the town to ashes, I'll target a few people, whether or not the others escape doesn't matter to me at all." Vanity's eyes, which were normally a red pink shade was a shade of reddish orange.

"Why are you so angry? Please tell me sister?" December could feel it through the link, the anger so intense she felt as if she were angry as well.

"Sister, unlike mother, I want you to grow slowly. I can honestly tell you, those people deserve death a thousand times over!" Vanity then gently pried December's fingers off of her wrist.

"Sister, I know they're living people, please tell me why you're doing this?" December pleaded, hugging Vanity's slender form while shaking.

"Humans can't live longer than a century without becoming strong enough, or using other means. When the Light Faction formed, some of our towns and villages were targeted by them and our people were humiliated and killed, and their blood taken so they could extend their own lifespans!" Vanity's rage caused the air to start to ignite, the flames licking around them did no harm to either of them, but below in the town people started to run and people started to gather.

"Sister?" December could feel the pain and anger that Vanity felt, but still tried to speak but Vanity turned her eyes to December and growled in frustration.

"Do you feel more belonging with humans than us December? I won't even speak of your past, but you don't know them, what they've done! Why defend them?!" Vanity's eyes watered as a pain came through their link.

"I don't know them sister! But... I can feel your pain. Even now, it's like something is biting my heart over and over!" December said, her tears also trickling down her cheeks.

"That's not my pain sister..." Vanity said and then placed a hand over December's heart and gave her a sorrowful look, her tears still falling.

"It's the sadness and anger of our fallen people. Their terror and despair as they died, as they were killed and bled dry for these people's greed! The blood they stole still carries the pain of our people!" Vanity's eyes were so angered, December wanted to shrink away.

"I can't? Please sister?" Below, December could see living people with lives and experiences, living people. Vanity took a deep breath and then flapped her wings, as flames exploded around her and knocked December away amidst the searing heat.

"I know you're too kind for this, so please return. I have to December, or I can't call myself a Princess of the Blood Race, to let these heinous criminals live while our people died!" Vanity clenched the spear and threw it at the town, the air surging as it neared the town.

"Frozen Cloud!" December extended a hand and the flaming spear clashed with the cloud of condensed ice Mana, causing the ground to tremble as a wave of force blew the surrounding air away from the impact sight.

"December! You can't protect them! No matter what you feel, before that you have the title Blood Clan Princess! Will you forsake your people for these villains?!" Vanity said with a bitter tone, her anger and warning to December was clear through the link.

"No matter who they are, why must we do that? Can't you find another wa-?!" December felt something piercing through the air and raised a hand in front of her heart.

An arrow caused her blood to splash on to her clothes, while the pain woke her up. Below, the stronger ones had begun sending attacks their way.

"Sister you know what gratitude is, and you also know what ungratefulness is. If you think they wouldn't kill you, that they wouldn't display your corpse proudly, you are wrong!" Vanity then used her wing to knock December away, as several arrows shrouded in Mana and spells flew by where she'd been a moment before.

"If you won't fight December, leave. I don't want you to get hurt!" With that, Vanity manifested her sword, a thin black sword covered in thorns, wreathed in fire and dived towards the town.

"I..." December also retrieved her own sword, Thorns of the Twilight Frost Princess, and dived as well, deflecting a few arrows and spells with a Mana shield formed of Ice Mana.

"December!" Vanity hissed as her sword which had been about to pierce into the ground had been obstructed by another similarly designed sword, only it had icy mist slowly floating off of it.

"If you use Crimson Blood Forest, a lot of them will di-" December didn't have any time to react when Vanity kicked her away, the impact sending her flying back.

Before she could say anything, a beam of red light pierced where she had stood and through Vanity, then exploded. December could feel the pain Vanity felt, and her heart ached.

"Why?!" December flipped around and used her wings to return to Vanity, but another beam shot towards the location where Vanity was, and without thinking, December used her Mana and created a large shield of Ice in front of Vanity and landed besides her as the shield rumbled.

"S-sister?!" December felt her heart clench when Vanity picked herself up off the ground, her shoulder and stomach completely shredded and burning with flames.

"I'm fine... December, please don't hurt yourself doing silly things. They don't care no matter what you do, because you are an enemy!" Vanity said, her burnt skin healing quickly, but December didn't speak and instead knelt down and placed her head against Vanity's thighs.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I... I just didn't want... I'm sorry!" December cried, her body shaking. Vanity was right, she wasn't human, she was December Nyx Valaine, Princess of the Blood Clan, but she caused her sister to get hurt because she stood in her way.

"I know December... Things like this, it's not about right or wrong, or morality. Our people's blood was stolen, and they can't properly die and are instead in a cycle of unending agony because they're stuck..." Vanity patted December's head lightly and then her hand flashed.

"I know you're kind, I know sister. But unlike your world, ours is one of bloodshed and cruelty. I've died before because of my naivety, I won't die again, even if I must be a villain." Vanity completely healed herself, then sighed.

"Sleep until it's over..." Vanity then extended a hand and created a flaming barrier that shrouded December's sleeping form, then flapped her wings and broke the ice wall and shot towards the enemies.

December fell into darkness, her last thoughts hearing her sister's words, then she came to a place that wasn't something she'd experienced before, it was dark and murky.

"Your Highness? You've come to see our sorry states?" A voice filled with self loathing sounded as a woman with crimson red eyes and long blond hair stood behind her, her face full of tiredness, but December knew she was a part of the Blood Clan.

"I d-don't..?" December said uncertainly and then the woman squinted and then sighed. She let out a bitter laugh and then walked away from December and into the darkness.

"Stay in that spot Your Highness, or you'll experience what we have. You don't want to..." Although her words were respectful, December could hear the mockery within.

"I'm naive, but I won't turn a blind eye. I may not be a real Blood Clan Princess, but I want to know!" December stepped forward and followed the woman, then her body sparked and her mind became world of pain.

"Since you would choose to experience with us our ends, I won't keep you waiting. I'm tired of this miserable existence, shackled into our blood for others... When you return, Your Highness, please accept our gratitude..." The woman's voice became a cacophony of voices at the end.

"We can finally pass on." The woman's eyes were hopeful, as December's surroundings rapidly shifted, through countless perspectives and feelings, and her only thought was the pain and hurt that came with every new one.

44