Chapter Twenty-Six : The Aftermath
570 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December looked around at the hazy dreamlike surroundings and then patted Vanity's shoulder as Lynexia, Cearis, Ephy, Cixona, and Eena appeared before them.

The one who looked the happiest was Ephy, who ran over and hugged December happily, showering her previous performance with sky high praises until Lynexia pulled her away with a sigh.

December looked at Eena who stared back with expressionless eyes. Then Eena looked away with a scowl, grumbling to herself.

"I won't ask you to forgive Eena's antics, but don't be at each others throats, it'll be a hassle." Cixona said and then approached December with elegant steps and pulled her into a hug.

"Good job, I thought the map of region would need to be redrawn, but you left those who weren't involved out of your actions. Being merciless isn't a sign of being strong, being tolerant of others is." Cixona then walked back to Eena and smacked her on forehead.

"And you! Don't you think what you did is very interesting?" Cixona said in a mocking voice as she half dragged Eena away by the ear, the person in question looking deflated and bitter as she did so.

"See Cearis! Wasn't December so cool! She was like super intimidating!" Ephy said while trying to free herself from Lynexia's arms, but Cearis only give her an eye roll.

"Yes yes, I agree. Now then, to get to the main issue at hand. December, you can become a goddess, or you can remain where you are, mortals may call it a demigod or something similar?" Cearis looked at December and smiled.

"So you're movements weren't hidden at all, and anyone with enough power would know a bit of what happened. Although this is a real world, it's a game to those from your world, and the people Light Faction."

"Using 'undying' cannon fodder, they've issued a Main Quest, to defeat the Demon Goddess of Ajudication to the players." Cearis then rolled her eyes with ridicule.

"Of course, the heavy hitters will be those relatively stronger guys in the Light Faction, so the players will be dealing with the cannon fodder as well." Cearis then looked at December with a smile.

"Since they're being used, don't use any of your soul destroying attacks on the players, everyone else is fine since they know what they're doing." Ephy concluded and then slipped out of Lynexia's arms with a triumphant smirk.

"The location is a a ways away from that broken country, and the players are searching for your trail. Have fun!" Ephy was happy to just push December out to watch her actions, but Cearis tapped the Goddess of Night's forehead.

"Don't try to rush things. But try not to truly kill the players as Ephy said. When you're ready you can go. If anything happens, we can just destroy the Light Faction." Cearis said with a shrug, while Cixona and Eena finally returned.

"..." Eena and December stared at each other, their eyes glaring fiercely. Eena was reprimanded by Cixona until she thought her ears would fall off, but seeing December's hostile eyes, she didn't want to apologize at all!

"Eena!" Cixona said, so Eena turned her head away from December and muttered sorry in a careless tone. Before Cixona could say anything, Lynexia who had been hugging Vanity appeared besides her and hugged her with a smile.

"Eena, are you being rude to my dear baby girl? Surely not, right?" Lynexia's smile and tone were motherly, but Eena felt as if she was inside a tumultuous storm.

"Okay fine! I'm sorry!" Eena shouted and then vanished with a flushed face. December looked around and gazed at the pale clouds of mist surging and flowing around everywhere.

"She's the most unpredictable of the goddesses, but she's not a bad person inside. She did what you to sit on the Throne of Indifference, but she won't do anything else, I'll watch her." Cixona said with a gentle tone, and smiled beautifully when December nodded.

"If she troubles me again, I'm going to punish her." December said icily and Cixona nodded with a 'what can I say?' expression on her face.

"Little sis! It's not true right? You went ahead and sat on a Throne without letting me see?!" Vanity slammed into December with a sad shout, refusing to let go as she put all her weight on December.

"Um?" December wasn't sure what Vanity meant, what could be so interesting about her sitting on a throne? Vanity didn't let go however and kept complaining until December got the general idea.

"Why did you sit on one? Little sis is now half a goddess! Mom! December was taught badly! She sat on a Throne!" Vanity shouted loudly and then huffed when Lynexia laughed at her with a tinge of helplessness.

"Unlike your Throne, December's isn't destructive and chaotic. How about this? Since you rarely get to sit on it, you can accompany your little sister and use it?" December swore she saw stars shining in Vanity's eyes when she hopped up excitedly.

"Haha! Ephy you didn't think you'd say this day hm? Ha! I, the Goddess of Flames, have returned at last!" At Vanity's smug self declaration, a gorgeous throne seemingly crafted from flames itself manifested behind her proudly.

"I'm sure I said when you accompany your sister, not before right?" Lynexia's soft voice woke Vanity from her excitement, and she quickly dissipated her throne.

"Vanity..." December felt her eyelid twitching when she approached Vanity and confirmed her big sister was indeed a goddess, and not halfway like herself.

"If you were a goddess, how'd you die before?" December couldn't help shaking Vanity who's head rocked back and forth uncontrollably.

"It's like having a... a special item and not having one! My soul is eternal, but I fell asleep after I died. My throne was sealed after I accidentally burned a couple worlds... What?!" December's icy blue eyes full of disbelief and hints of exasperation stared into Vanity's own reddish pink ones.

"No, nevermind." December shook her head. At this point, if someone on the street in the city suddenly burst out with a godlike aura, she wouldn't even be surprised at all.

"Hey, you're thinking something disrespectful!" Eena reappeared holding a black cat, the fur a soft mass of black that she thrust at December with her eyes looking at the ground.

"Here! This is for... whatever! I'm only apologizing because Cixona told me too! Not because I feel bad or anything! Why are you looking at me like that! What?!" The more Eena spoke, the more December's icy blue eyes began to twinkle.

"Tsundere?" December's words made all the Goddesses present stifle laughs and glanced at Eena with mirth. December took the cat and looked at Eena and a hint of seriousness appeared in her eyes. 

"Can you tell me why you were so adamant I sit on the Throne? You could've just killed me instantly or try to force me too?" December's words made the angry Eena pause, then she snorted and looked away.

"I am the great Goddess! How could I force you! You wouldn't have died, but that Throne hasn't had anyone to sit in it, and you would be good on it." Eena eyes then widened and she looked away.

"I'm not saying this as an apology! I'm explaining! Explaining! Stop laughing!" Eena glared at the twins, one of who was cackling wildly and the next stared at her with icy eyes.

"Eena, this isn't an apology, I was worried I'd die then. Come come, let me give you a punishment!" Eena then vanished when December's eyes lit up, Eena's face wearing a startled expression.

"What were you going to do?" Vanity whispered and December smiled, placing her forehead against her sister's and holding back a chuckle.

"I was going to give her a hug..." December's words weren't believed at all because Vanity rolled her eyes and then shook December's hand excitedly.

"Ready? Are you ready? Let's go burn everything!" Vanity's eyes became orange red, like molten flames blazing and she said it with such excitement, December realized why she wasn't left unchecked.

"I'm ready if you are?" December said and Vanity gave her a look of confusion. December then gave her the same look and both stood there for a moment in confusion.

"Like that? You're going like that?" Vanity asked December who nodded and then looked at her older sister and scratched her cheek.

"Should I not go like this?" December's black dress wasn't damaged, and she didn't think there was anything wrong with it, but Vanity shook her head.

"No! We have to look awesome! It's like beating a game, and then the final boss looks super normal! We need to look super cool!" Hearing Vanity, December wanted to refute, but the logic was actually valid.

"Oh, then... What do we wear?" December asked softly. She didn't have much clothes, but Vanity snapped and their outfits changed.

Vanity wore a dress that looked as if it were woven from flames, holding a large sword much like December's own Sword of Ajudication and waved it with excitement.

"Look! Aren't I intimidating now?!" December wanted to tell her older sister she wasn't. The flames burning in her eyes and her giant sword simply looked cute and excited to December.

December thought about it, and then used ice Mana to craft a dress, similar to Vanity's own. She used ice because Ajudication couldn't be woven into a dress, not a wearable one anyway.

"Let's go and get those guys! Let's burn them all!" Vanity said and hugged December. Their surroundings shifted and they appeared in the skies falling towards the ground clad in icy blue and burning orange flashes of condensed energy.

...

The world shuddered as a beam of light, half dyed blue and the other orange, and a wave of icy cold and hot scalding sensation spread outwards from when the light made impact with the ground.

When the rumbling eased, two girls who looked similar in appearance stood in the crater hundreds of meters deep and tens of kilometers wide.

"We landed hard..." The one with icy blue eyes spoke, her voice cool and steady she she surveyed her surroundings. The other girl with red orange eyes smiled proudly.

"Every boss has to make an entrance. Ours was so grand, we will definitely be remembered!" The one with icy blue flicked the other girl's forehead gently and two thrones formed behind them.

"They're coming to us, we'll wait for them to arrive and then burn them!" The orange eyed one said while the icy blue one's left eye twitched as they both sat on a thrones.

One was formed of all kinds of flames, twisting and burning, yet maintained the shape of a Throne, and the next was an blue tinted Throne, made of diamond and ice, and both had giant swords stabbed blade first into the ground besides them.

"Let them come, they won't return." The figure sitting on the blue tinted Throne said calmly, resting her elbow on the armrest, and supporting her chin in her palm.

35