Chapter 21
327 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jake caressed Marilyn's hair as she fell asleep on his body. She had it tough, but luckily, they could save her for the time being.

Jake looked at runic letters around her neck. It was a powerful seal that prevented the Elder Thing from possessing her. However, it would get weaker as time passed, so they still had to search for the spell that could purify her curse forever.

"Jake, do you love Marilyn?" Mercedes suddenly asked.

Jake looked at Marilyn's tired expression. Even when she was exhausted, she was still beautiful. However, he realized one important thing. After several years of separation, he could still remember her as a child. She had grown so much, and he wanted to see her grow from now on.

Thinking of that, Jake knew the answer and nodded. "I am willing to protect her even at the cost of my life."

Mercedes smiled. "I see. Then, I approve of your relationship. I am glad I can trust my daughter to you. However, remember one thing. Marilyn needs to stay pure until I find the spell that can purify her curse. Or else, the seal will weaken. Who knows if we can handle that creature when he comes back."

Jake blushed when he heard that. "D-do you think I am that kind of person?"

Mercedes smiled and raised her thumb. "It's alright, Jake. I understand. You are in your denial phase. It's a natural process of growing up. I promise I will come find the spell as fast as possible so you can do it quickly with her. I even want to see her giving birth to my grandchild."

Jake's body sweated when he realized his aunt was serious. This hundred year old grandma had lived a long life, so she had a loose screw in her head. Who in the right mind would discuss something like this normally?

Jake wanted to deny her, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't interested with Marilyn. He used to be detached from this kind of thing, but he was no longer like that when he realized his feelings toward her. In fact, sometimes, she appeared in his dreams, and they did something wild together.

"Fufufu, I won't disturb your rest any longer. You still have to go to school tomorrow. Then, I am watching you, Jake."

Mercedes walked backward and got out of the room. As she slowly closed the door, she poked out her head and peeked inside while putting on a mischievous expression.

"Aunt, this is a bad prank. At least, carry her to her own room!" Jake exclaimed, but Mercedes shut the door close, and no matter how much he called her, she didn't come back.

Jake gulped his own saliva when he realized he was alone with a girl he liked. Furthermore, she only wore a revealing night dress, and her body smelled like a fragrant flower.

Jake suddenly recalled when his huge thing poked against her underwear. It was dangerous. If she wasn't possessed, maybe they would have done it.

But at the moment, Jake couldn't take advantage of her. He wanted her first time to be special.

Jake put her down beside him and covered her body with a blanket. Then, he lay down as well and used the same blanket as her. He tried his best to rest, emptying his mind. It was hard at first, but he slowly got used to it.

[Congratulations! You have learned Meditation!]

Jake didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he learned the ability he had always wanted this way. It benefited him, so he wouldn't complain. Thanks to his ability, he could concentrate on sleeping.

The next day, Jake was woken up by a surprise shriek. He opened his eyes and saw Marilyn's embarrassed face. He took a sitting position and smiled at her. "Good morning."

Marilyn pulled the blanket to cover up her body. "W-what are you doing in my room?", She asked, her voice was shaking.

"Look again. Whose room is this?"

Marilyn looked around and put on a confused expression. "How did I end up here?"

"It was all due to your curse, but don't worry. No Elder Things will come to bother you for the time being. More importantly, let's prepare. We have to go to the Academy."

Jake immediately got up from the bed and controlled his breathing. Just as he thought, the usual Marilyn would be bashful in this situation, and he found it cute. He couldn't show his face to her, or she could see his blushing face.

Jake treated the situation like it wasn't a big deal when in truth he was as embarrassed as her. He pretended to walk calmly to the bathroom and quietly took a bath. After a while, he came out of the bathroom with a new uniform. Luckily, there was spare cloth in the bathroom, or he had to walk out with just a towel around his waist.

Jake coughed. "You can go in. There is spare cloth in the bathroom for some reason," he said while looking at her directly. In the bathroom, he had reached the conclusion that acting like an inexperienced coward would be a negative point in her eyes. He wanted to look good in front of her. After all, he had accepted his feelings for her.

Marilyn nodded quickly and ran into the bathroom. As she moved, Jake couldn't help but take a few glances at her smooth legs. However, he immediately shook his head and reminded himself it was inappropriate. Luckily, his [Mental Fortitude] and [Meditation] helped him to maintain his composure. However, as if to tease him, those two abilities suddenly leveled up.

[Congratulations! Your Mental Fortitude has reached grade E!]

[Congratulations! Your Meditation has reached grade E!]

Jake shook his head and laughed bitterly. He swiped the status windows and waited for her outside.

---

Jake and Marilyn came back to the Academy at nine o'clock. Luckily, Aunt Mercedes had talked to the Academy about their night stay in the palace, so they didn't get into trouble and could attend their regular classes peacefully.

When Jake entered the class, his classmates asked him where he had gone last night, and it seemed they asked him because there was trouble yesterday. He was curious about what happened, and Mr. Fang Whitehound explained to him.

"Mr. Titan Mayo is arrested in his room for infiltrating the female toilet."

Jake blinked his eyes in disbelief. "Pardon?"

"You didn't hear me wrong. The event happened yesterday when people were visiting you in the infirmary."

Jake still couldn't believe it. Titan Mayo might have a scary expression, but he didn't seem to be a pervert. There might be some sort of misunderstanding, but he needed to gather evidence first. He promised he would investigate the case after the school was over.

Several hours later, the school was over. Jake wanted to go to the dormitory as soon as possible, but a student council senior came to his classroom.

"Is this Jake Butler's class?" A pink-haired girl entered the class. When the boys saw her, they couldn't stop looking at her. She was none other than Senior Ayla Harvey.

"Senior Harvey?"

Ayla stopped before his table. When Warren saw her smile, he instinctively stood up and extended his hand toward his seat, signaling her to sit.

Ayla smiled at Warren and said, "Thank you, junior." Then, she turned around and rested her arms on Jake's table. "Hi, how was your day?"

"Good?" Jake replied in a confused tone. The appearance of a senior in the junior classroom attracted too much attention. Even the people from class B were peeking from the windows. No, she attracted too much attention. If it was another senior, it wouldn't be like this. "Do you have any business with me?"

Ayla laughed. "Don't talk like I am a stranger. We share special bonds together."

Jake knew well she meant as fellow 'special grades', even though he still didn't know what it meant, but the way she worded it made it sound suspicious. People murmured when they heard words. He, especially, could feel a murderous intent from outside. He looked at a certain window and saw Marilyn; the girl had a cold expression on her face.

Jake coughed. "Senior, your words will cause a misunderstanding," he said, but Ayla put on an innocent expression. He was then convinced that the senior was an airheaded person.

"I am afraid my schedule is tight today, so if you have a business with me, I hope you can tell me now," Jake said in formal tone. He didn't want to sound familiar with her in front of other people, or people would misunderstand more.

"Oh, yeah. Actually, there are many things I want to take with you, but let's chat privately another time. We have made a promise to go out together after all." People murmured louder when they heard that, and Ayla looked around in wonderment why they were suddenly becoming loud. "It's getting loud here. Anyway, I just want to inform you that third year bullies have been expelled, and they were arrested by the Empire's force."

"I see. I am glad to hear that," Jake said. He was also glad Ayla didn't have an ulterior motive.

Ayla stood up and bowed at him. "The student council also apologizes to you and Misael Grimes. We hope that you don't develop trauma after that incident." After saying that, she turned to Misael, who was sitting at the corner of the classroom, and bowed at him too."

"Senior, please raise your body. You helped us so Misael should be thankful to you," Jake said. He started to feel guilty for thinking this pure senior had ulterior intention.

Ayla smiled at him. "If in the future you face any difficulty, don't hesitate to ask for help from me. This promise applies to all my juniors here."

People cheered at her declaration. They only admired her heavenly beauty before, but after her speech, they also admired her pure heart. Even Jake was touched by her words. To think such a pure girl existed in this world. He clapped his hands, and people started to follow him.

Ayla raised her hand, signaling her to stop. "That's why... In one month, the Academy will hold the new student council president election. Please vote for me and help me protect your peaceful school life! If I become the student council president, I promise I will get rid of bullies. I also will destroy the ban of dating between students! So make sure to vote for me!"

Jake fell from his chair when he heard that. It turned out she did have an ulterior motive for coming to the junior classroom.

I am changing my release schedule to Wendesday, Saturday, and Monday. Also, shout-out to my second story. I am participating in a writing contest right now. If you like my story, you probably will like it. It is also a harem story. This is the sneakpeak of a heroine in my second story

This is the link of my second story 

Grandpa System

10