IRONY PART 2
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Detective Aiden, I understand you are trying to solve the case, which relates to our student. But is it necessary to call the victim's friend for a few rounds of questioning?”

 

Aiden sigh in disappointment

 

“Sir, I understand your worries. The problem is we need to act fast, finding them even slightly earlier could prevent their death from happening.”

 

The lecturer reluctantly messaged some of his students that have friends that went missing due to the kidnapping.

 

“You’re right Detective Aiden, I have messaged some of my students but you’re not to put them at risk.”

 

Aiden nodded to the Lecturer request, putting him at ease.

 

After a while students started to pour into the room, with the help of the lecturer, he managed to interview them  one by one. Aiden finally managed to get some insight on how the victim of kidnapping lives their daily life, all he just needs to do is collate them one by one.

 

 Aiden gave a bow of gratitude to the lecturer for his help, he left the School in a deep thought. 

 

[How does none of them have anything in common? Am I missing something? They all have different hobbies and none of them have any common friends other than people in the school. Whoever is the kidnapper or killer most likely is an outstanding individual or has someone of that caliber helping them out to cover their foot step.]

 

“TING”

 

A bright screen lights up in a dark room full of gory decorations of the human bodies hosting various flowers. Ernesh went to check his phone to see who was disturbing his trimming time with his flowers. His lips suddenly curl up from the news.

 

[Not something I want to be my vase, but seeing how Doctor Brenner wants to use him to start the downfall of the police. I guess I could comply  as a thank you for showing me this beautiful world.]

 

“Ting” a message was sent again, this time It was a picture of Detective Aiden and some weird arrangement of flowers. Seeing the photo Ernesh suddenly got weirdly excited.

 

[Ahhh, Doctor Brenner sure knows how to make an artist excited. How could I not be motivated with those beautiful inspirations.]

Aiden went to investigate the place that the victim used to go before going missing. Every new place he visits, the more he scratches his head. He felt like he was missing an important piece of information, he just needed that small piece of information before he could come to a conclusion. Even after he tried to see the CCTV, there was no one that stood out in particular.to

 

He went to the nearest cafe to eat some cake, while observing the surroundings he subconsciously took out a cigarette to smoke. Suddenly a guy caught his attention. Black hair with golden eyes that could captivate everyone. His smile was angelic which gave off an innocent vibe.

 

[woah , now that's the Halo effect at play.]

 

Aiden suddenly stops his thoughts , he tries to recollect all the information he got. Feeling like he finally found the answer to the kidnapping case. He went to his hotel room and laid out all the information on the table. He slowly categorizes every activity that has happened to them. From going to new places to their personal information. He narrows it down to people they have met and after thorough reading, he notices they all have one thing in common. They all started a relationship before they went missing a few weeks later. He started to get excited as he started to see progress, since he rarely gets stuck on a case. Not progressing was something that was affecting him quite a bit.

 

The scent of multiple aromas in the air meshing to create a soft and pleasant flora smell.  Aiden was wandering in the flower shop that was mentioned by the student. He saw a thin and slim man with an angelic smile that was tending to the flowers in the shop with a precise and efficient movement while being very gentle to the plants. Noticing that Aiden was looking at him, Ernesh walk up to Aiden.

 

"Good morning sir, how may I help you today.”

 

Aiden stares at Ernesh without saying anything. He felt something was off with this florist, after a moment of silence he opened his mouth.

 

“You seem familiar, have I seen you before?”

 

“Sir, you might have mistaken me for someone.”

 

Ernesh's heart skips a beat, from the sudden question from Aiden. He thought to himself, did the Detective already figure out who was the culprit for all the missing victims?”

 

“Are you the Halo effect?”

 

Ernesh raise his eyebrow in confusion being caught off guard by his follow up question. 

 

“Halo effect?”

“Oh, my bad. I remember seeing you while I was snacking, seeing how you look so innocent I named you Halo effect.”

 

“Thank you sir, for the compliment I guess.”

 

From the cheerful tone, Aiden tone suddenly turn more stern and serious as he pull out a paper out from his back pocket

 

“Can I ask if there is any name that you recognize on this list.?”

 

Ernesh look through the list, although he was surprise he did not allow his expression to leaked through and showed on his face. He did expect that the Detective was thorough with his work., but he did not expect him to be thorough. 

 

“Sir, before I  answer you, may I know what’s your profession to be asking this question?”

 

“My bad I’m Detective Aiden, I’m here to solve the case of the missing people.”

 

“Other than my name, I don’t recognize the others.”

 

Aiden's eyes focus on Ernesh intently with murderous aura.

 

“May I inquire what’s your name is?”

 

“I go by Ernesh, Detective.”

 

“Are you sure that’s the only name you go by Ernesh?”

 

 Ernesh flinched due to the question. He slowly put his hand at his back as his fight and response were being tested.

0