WHITE CHAPEL PART 3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woah aren’t you being too flirty over here, Evelyn.” 

 

Jackson disarms Evelyn easily without breaking a sweat.  He continues to warn Evelyn not to move around or she will die as he casually throws the knife in the air and plays with it.

 

Evelyn did not heed Jackson's warning and tried to make a fast break to the door.  After taking three steps, Evelyn halted as she felt something off with the floor at the bottom of her feet.

 

She looks behind herself to see Jackson casually walking toward her nonchalantly. Evelyn felt trapped as she was planning to escape the chapel with her life intact. Her eyes start to dart around to find any way to get her out of this predicament. 

 

Noticing that Evelyn was panicking, Jackson's smile started to become genuine. Jackson came from behind and hugged Evelyn, causing her to fall from panic to despair but her feet remained in the same place to not trigger a trap.

 

Jackson’s mouth slowly approaches Evelyn's ear 

 

“Calm down, I’m not here to hurt you. At least on at the moment.”

 

“How can I trust you?”

 

Jackson stops hugging Evelyn to create a small distance about an arm's reach away from Evelyn. Not knowing what was going on in Jackson's mind she was ready to accept her death. Although she felt a sense of regret that she could not continue to give her salary to the orphanage she grew up in, She closed her eyes.

 

Before Evelyn could commit suicide by stepping off the trigger, she felt someone pull her from the back and embrace her.

 

Her face went to Jackson's chest like it was a cushion. She could only hear the metal clashing behind her. The tip of the arrow was dropped to the chapel floor after it bounced off Jackson's dagger while he was still embracing Evelyn.

 

Jackson looks down meeting eye to eye with Evelyn.

 

“How about now.”

 

Evelyn was captivated by Jackson's charisma and his eyes, It was a beautiful gold colour that reminded her of a Lion that was looking at his prey.

 

She slowly peels off from Jackson's embrace to put some distance from Jackson. She wanted to run from the current situation but after the first trap, she started to scan the chapel if there were more traps. 

 

“I would advise you to give up on finding more traps, the person that came up with this trap made it impossible to find it without prior knowledge of their location.”

 

The main door of the chapel began to open

 

“Jackson, I told you to capture her alive with those traps. Not to play with her.” 

 

Jackson freezes upon hearing the cold stern voice. He looks at Brenner, not knowing what to do.

 

Brenner continued to walk comfortably until he passed Evelyn and Jaskcson and reached the front of the chapel. 

 

“Did I, expect too much from you?”

 

“No, Doc give me a moment.”

 

Brenner looks at his watch 

 

“Since you requested some time, how about ten seconds. If the Hound in front of me is not captured, consider yourself dead.

 

Jackson nodded, He did not waste any time. Jackson immediately went into action. Evelyn tried to struggle but to no avail. Jackson moved too fast and managed to land a punch at her chin causing her to faint.

 

Jackson caught Evelyn, unconscious body before it hit the ground and princess carried her.

 

“Jackson, did you end up catching feelings for her.”  Brenner looks at Jackson with a lifeless look.

 

Jackson was hesitating to answer, he did not dare to admit it. Jackson was someone that was usually playful and he knew Brenner did not care about his playfulness. But when it comes to mission he knew Brenner does not like to mess around.  His throat was stuck but his hand gripped Evelyn's clothes tighter if there was a need to flee.

 

“There is no need to be alarmed. If you are interested in her the solution will be quite simple.”

 

Hearing this Jackson's adrenaline started to pump. He was about to make a run for it.

 

“Just make her fall in love with you.”

 

Jackson was surprised by the sudden development. He did not expect Brenner to say anything about love, especially at the current moment.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Do I look like I am joking?”

“No, but i thought we were going to torture her to get more info about the hounds from the police department.”

 

“That was the plan, but since you are interested in her. I will give you a chance. If you fail to make her fall in love with you, we will go back to the original plan.”

 

Jackson was baffled by what Brenner said. He knew that Brenner never liked to take risks no matter the situation. 

 

“No string attached?” Jackson was being very cautious of Brenner's odd behavior.

 

‘Will there be string attached of course but I hardly think you would care about it.” 

 

Jackson nodded to him, he hardly cared for anything. As long as his freedom is not breached he could hardly watch. 

 

“In that case, I will take your, word for it Doc.”

 

Brenner and Jackson brought  Evelyn into an isolated bedroom. Jackson placed Evelyn carefully on the bed onto the bed and tucked her in.

 

“Jackson, you will stay here with this Hound, like I said if you cannot make her fall in love with you or cooperate with us, she will die.”

 

Jackson nodded as he slowly watched Brenner leave the Bedroom.

 

Elizabeth greeted Brenner outside the corridor. 

 

Brenner looks at Elizabeth with a listless face that exudes blood to give her a warning.

 

“I know you like to kill female virgins and bathe in their blood, If anything happens to the hound before we get any useful information, your head will be the one I am collecting.”

 

The bodyguard that was with Elizabeth was enraged with Brenner's behavior, he rushed toward Brenner to punch him to show Brenner his place. Before Elizabeth could tell the bodyguard to stand down, Brenner took out his key and stabbed it through the bodyguard's neck. 

 

Elizabeth was silent. She did not intend to give an excuse for her subordinate action.

 

“Elizabeth, if you want to see more of your bodyguard die. Go ahead.”

0