Chapter 16) Battle
193 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

//Warning from the author. In this chapter, the narrative can jump from the first person to the third and back. I hope I've made my point clear.

I stood ready. A fight could start at any moment and I couldn't miss my enemy's movements. After all, this is my first fight against someone who is probably stronger and more experienced than me.

"Well, since you're not going to act, let me start."

He slightly tilted his body forward and I immediately realized what it would be, having prepared the defense, I noticed that he disappeared from my vision.

Vertical blow from top to bottom. I could have defended myself, but the force of the blow cracked all the bones in my body and a small ripple passed over the ground. Knee strike to knock out my stance, I quickly tilt the sword so I can retreat. He does not give me such an opportunity and I fly ten meters away with a quick kick.

My insides turned over and my eyes began to darken.

"I see you're a brave man once you decided to take my blow. Although it doesn't matter, you can die a messenger of death."

It's just that the cemetery has become a place of deadly combat and is now burning with flames, taking the life of the loser. Residents tried to put out the fire, but only more victims appeared and they decided not to approach this place anymore.

They only prayed to the gods that the fire would not spread to the fields and set fire to their homes and take their families. No one knew that there was a fight in that cemetery and no one knew that the messenger had lost.

This will remain a mystery to ordinary people who will never be able to solve this riddle.

One more quick jerk and now he's over me ready to finish me off with the next move. I quickly roll over on the ground and stab him in the side.

He defends himself effortlessly and deflects my blow. A wave and he cuts off my wrist with a sword. I quickly try to move away, but he does not give me the opportunity and cuts off my hand with the next blow. At the last moment, I was able to dodge so as not to die.

"So many words and that's all you're capable of? A complete disappointment. Although you may have a little individual style against mortal warriors, against those like us, you're pretty pathetic."

I didn't pay attention to his words. Because we are fighting in the cemetery, the energy of death was in the air and gradually restored my body, but I will not be able to fight, this is the end, he is stronger and more experienced than me. It was a mistake to take his punch and lose all initiative in the fight.

"Well, stand still, if you stop twitching, I promise that I will cleanly cut off your head and you won't even feel pain."

Using all my knowledge, I used my last strength to summon the chains of death that bound him on the spot and also tied my limbs to me. Feeling how the Necrosword sends power so that I can recover faster, but less than a couple of seconds later, he broke my chains and rushed into battle with the idea of blowing my head off.

I create a shield with the energy of death in front of me and defend against his attack. By making a horizontal cut to split him, I hoped to at least injure him so that he would lose speed, but my hopes were even, he quickly retreats back and completely dodges my blow.

"Hmm, you want to use magic, all right."

He quickly charges the blade with some kind of energy and strikes another vertical blow from top to bottom. At a distance where I shouldn't get any damage at all, but following my instinct, I maximize my defense and dodge at my maximum speed.

I didn't have time, the blow cut through my shields and my hand flew into the sky with a sword. I try to summon the sword hand again, but

the enemy does not give me such an opportunity and pinned me to the ground.

My insides are bursting, my spine is severed and I can't even move. "Well, well, you made me use this trick. I use it quite rarely, so you can consider it an honor. "

I didn't say anything to that, not that I could even answer when I was overflowing with my blood and earth. I create a few clicks and send them to his back. He notices the attack, pulls his sword out of me, and repels the attack. Using chains, I connect my spine and fasten my chest so that my organs do not remain in the body.

Using chains and absorbing any life that only exists in this area, I restore some of my strength and just in time my hand came back to me again.

True, I got excited early, I barely have time to repel his horizontal blow, which was supposed to split me and I counterattack on the wrist. A lucky strike and he loses his sword. But my brief triumph is stopped by a blow to the head, which sends me flying again. I feel like the world is spinning and I remain in my mind only because of the power that the blade constantly feeds me and the chains that have not stopped reaping life in the area.

"Damn, what a nasty blade effect. To recover, I will have to ask for help from the servants of the God Hades. Well, it doesn't matter, I'll kill you with my bare hands."

In confirmation of his words, he shortened the distance instantly and drove me a couple of meters into the ground with one kick. His next blow broke my arms and legs. The last punch shattered my skull and I was plunged into darkness.

'On behalf of a warrior'

It was a disappointing fight. I could finish everything quickly, and also I waited too much. After all, death knights are extremely rare, and fighting with them is a huge test of skill and courage. Not to mention savvy and resourcefulness.

Still, they can recover fairly quickly and their weapons cause wounds that are difficult to heal. I couldn't help but look at my stump and shake naked. Too careless.

In the end, because of his weakness, I relaxed a little, and here is the result. I do not know if I can cure it at all. Everyone is like this, his sword is not simple.

Looking into the pit, I noticed that slowly, he is resurrecting. Well, it doesn't matter. Taking out a small bottle and an orange liquid. I pour out all the liquid and the corpse began to burn and melt quickly.

Soon, this whole place will burn down and even if his body can recover, his soul will burn in this hell. After all, this liquid was created for this purpose.

Seeing that the fire is growing, and the corpse is no longer visible, I packed up my things and left. The reward after this task will finally allow me to ascend to a demigod and leave this rotten world.

The warrior looked at the sky and could imagine how many powerful warriors lurked in the universe and how much he could fight with worthy opponents.

4