Chapter 21) Inspection
125 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the city, passing by passers-by, Aarron tracked down the person he needed with his eyes. He was still practically naked and people avoided him, but he didn't pay attention to it. In his hand he clutched a small black knife, the same hand was wrapped with strips of clothing that he found in the cemetery.

Under these bandages, protruding black veins could be seen. A sign of poisoning the body with the energy of death, as soon as all his veins turn black, he will die. After learning about such a flaw, he did not cry because of his imminent demise. After all, he accepted such power and knew that there would definitely be a disadvantage and if the disadvantage is an early death, then he will accept it.

Having found the right person, he approached him. He was a tall and muscular man, he was dressed in rather ragged clothes, but you could feel blood from him and if you knew what to look for, you could find a couple of hidden knives.

"I see you're back alive kid. Pray that the boss likes what you found."

Aarron didn't say anything, just lowered his head lower so that he couldn't see the bloodlust in his eyes. Still, he couldn't hide his thoughts of revenge.

"Come on, it's not worth standing here just the rest should also bring something valuable."

Hela, in her kingdom, watched the whole performance. Her face expressed only contempt and annoyance.

"Well, this mortal is even more useless than the previous one, there is only one hope that over time he will learn and become better. At least I've learned one of the disadvantages of the death worm."

Hela meant not that he kills mortals by poisoning them with the energy of death, but that this process leaves a trace in the form of black veins. Which she considered a weakness because that's why some people could recognize her servants and start hunting them.

Not to mention that it might cause mortals to give up their power. This way she will have fewer escape options.

"We need to come up with another way and finalize this one. I can't hope that the death worms alone will give mortals enough power to help me escape and fight on my side. It will also be necessary to work on obedience when that time comes."

Hela was thinking about plans and noticed that the new souls did not get into Helheim. Trying to understand what was going on, she noticed that they were still on their way to the realm of death.

"Great, as long as my Necrosword is broken, even souls can't get to me normally. Nothing but trouble and nothing good."

They began to go deeper into the dark alleys until they were deep in the slums near the old building. There was no light, but no one cared. Aarron wanted to calmly go in, but suddenly he was kicked in the back and fell inside.

"Hurry up the boss is especially interested in what you could bring."

He said nothing. I just got up and examined those inside. There were a couple of men who sharpened swords and spears. He could also tell how the woman was raped in the next room. There were also the same children who were able to bring decent loot and ate a loaf of bread. In the other corner were those who could not find anything and were now sitting hungry.

Walking further down the corridor, he stopped at the boss' door. A bald and slightly short man was standing in front of the door. However, do not underestimate him, because he is the best lock cracker and a master of dagger possession. He heard that he was able to throw a dagger into a hole in the helmet of a guard at a distance of dozens of steps while escaping.

"Hehe, I see you're back alive. Okay, you can come in. The boss is sitting inside. "

Opening the door, Aarron went inside to the man who was sitting inside. He was a little over two meters tall and had well-muscled muscles. Despite his size and weight, he was also extremely fast and agile. No one knows exactly how the boss became like this, but there is a rumor that a black magician experimented on the boss, and in the end the boss was able to escape and found a gang in this city.

It is not known whether this is true or not, but Aarron prefers to believe in it. After all, he is almost sure that it is impossible to be so strong and agile while remaining a simple person.

"Give me what you brought."

Aarron handed him a dagger, but the boss only knocked it out of his hands and sent Aarron into the wall with one powerful kick. "Cough cough."

Ignoring him, the boss took out a pair of expensive-looking gloves and, without touching the dagger, began to examine it.

"Hmm, it's some kind of artifact, although since you were able to get here alive, it shouldn't be fatal. Take off your arm bandages. Let me see what this trinket has done to your hand."

Aarron was still clearing his throat and trying to get up. Until the boss came up and knocked Aarron down again with one powerful blow. "Although no, don't get up, I'll see what's wrong with you."

Coming closer, the boss in gloves took his hand in an iron grip and pulled off the bandage. After examining the black veins and realizing that they didn't seem to be fatal, he let go of his hand and examined the remaining body for black veins.

"Hmm, just a hand, yes. Since you were holding a dagger with this hand, it's either because of the dagger or because of something else in the cemetery. There are no cuts on the arm and no visible new wounds. Well, tell me what and how you found it. Without missing a single detail. You know the consequences yourself."

Aarron opened his mouth to speak. He tried to return the knife by pulling it to himself. Well, more precisely, he was trying to concentrate so that the knife would hit the boss. The knife moved and flew at the boss's back, but he dodged and kicked out all the air from Aaron's lungs with a powerful kick. At the same time breaking several ribs.

"Hmm magical with the property of flight. It will be useful."

The boss did not take Aarron seriously and only watched with interest the magical artifact that was brought to him.

Already exhausted, Aarron lay on the floor and did not move. "You've been useful to a good kid, so I'll give you a painless death."

The boss took Aarron by the throat to break his neck, but suddenly Aarron touched his hand, the boss's hand, and sent death energy through it. "Oh shit."

The boss retreated a couple of steps and Aarron used a knife to make one cut. He aimed at the solar plexus, but the boss dodged and he could only injure his side. but it was enough. The boss began to age and die quickly, while the dagger glowed with a black light and was filled with the energy of death.

The door was knocked out and a short man ran in at the entrance. Aarron quickly threw a knife at him. Due to the surprise, he did not have time to dodge a little and was also injured.

Aarron came up and finished him off, along with the boss. After that, he immediately felt his wounds recover and his body was filled with strength. However, the black veins on the arm also increased their area.

"Only the rest of the bandits are left, well, after the first recharge it should be easier."

Aarron went to purify the surrender and also to be filled with the energy of death for his most important plans.

1