Chapter 24)War
104 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// As I think so far, my best chapter. 1665 words, so comment on what you don't think about.

Asgard.

Odin received guests and envoys in the throne room. The dwarves were happy about the birth of a new heir because it meant that they would be under the protection of Asgard for a long time.

Vana wasn't particularly happy, but they weren't hostile either. They, too, were allies of Asgard and were even considered part of the Aesir, but they would be happy to remain independent. However, losing the war and further agreements left them no other choice.

The elves, in particular, happily communicated with the rest of those present, while individuals were looking for a newborn child and generally checking how much Asgard had recovered since the last war.

There was a joyful atmosphere until one of the guards ran in and shouted in panic. "Ice giants, the ice giants have arrived."

Odin shook his head disapprovingly and said. "I invited them, of course, they had to come, I don't see any reason for such panic." He brushed aside the guard's fear, confident in his decision to extend an invitation to Lafey.

"They, they arrived by the army. They are led by Lafey, and he freezes everything in his path. Heimdall is holding back the offensive, but they will soon break through the defense."

Odin summoned his spear and violently struck the floor with it. "Why have I been injured just now? You will see all the guests in a safe place and prepare the army we are performing now. "

After giving the orders, he hugged Frigga and said, "Protect Thor, I'll be back soon."

Frigga only gently hugged Thor and nodded her head. She was going to protect her child even at the cost of her life.

The guests were swiftly escorted to secure chambers, shielded from the impending chaos. Meanwhile, the army assembled outside the palace, their determination mirrored in their resolute gazes. After looking at the ready soldiers, he just nodded his head and gave the order. "Let's go protect our homeland. FOLLOW ME!!!"

"WOOOO"

"WOOOO"

"WOOOO"

Arriving at the wall, Odin was greeted by a picture of how the ice giants were killing the defenders of the wall and how Heimdall was holding back Lafay. He wielded his blade and did not receive a single wound. However, he also could not inflict damage on the Lafey.

Odin slammed his spear against the wall and summoned all the magic of the runes. The runes covered the wall and all the fighting warriors, thereby protecting them from the cold and giving them new strength. The wall itself did not let the cold into the city and did not allow the ice giant to get through.

Lafey saw Odin's arrival and stopped holding back. Opening the box of eternal winters, he instantly froze Heimdall and began to make his way to his sworn enemy.

Odin saw that his friend and the best warrior were frozen, became enraged, and using his powers and a spear launched him into the Lafey. The spear glowed with divine power and flew irresistibly at the enemy. Not stopping before anything.

Lafey used all the colds of the box and his ice magic to create a giant ice wall in front of the spear. Thereby delaying and weakening it.

The spear shattered the ice protection and aimed directly at its intended target. Lafaye, however, wore a sinister smile as the spear approached, only to witness him transform into ice and crumble into dust, vanishing before the spear could strike the King of the Ice Giants.

Odin, taken aback by this unexpected turn, swiftly scanned the battlefield for his elusive foe. Suddenly, he sensed an immense gathering of ice magic and turned his attention to a colossal ice mountain hurtling towards him, freezing everything in its path.

Reacting swiftly, Odin invoked his powers, employing ancient runes to erect a formidable magical shield. As he defended against Nova's relentless assault, Lafaye materialized beside him, launching a vicious strike with his sword, aiming to sever the limbs of the All-Father.

In a display of agility, Odin evaded the blow, but not without consequences. The sword grazed his face, leaving a deep gash across one of his eyes. Enraged, he summoned every ounce of his strength, unleashing a wave of divine energy that sent Lafaye and his army reeling backward.

Calling his formidable Odin armor, the All-Father stormed into the heart of the battlefield, relentlessly engaging the ice giant, preventing him from utilizing the Casket of Ancient Winters to summon potent ice magic.

However, Lafaye proved to be a formidable opponent, skillfully parrying Odin's spear strikes. The clash escalated into a protracted standoff, the two titans locked in a fierce contest of strength and will. Time seemed to stand still as they exchanged blow after blow, their powers colliding with tremendous force.

Just as the battle seemed to reach an impasse, a cascade of meteors descended from the heavens, obliterating the ice giants and disrupting their advantage. Odin glanced towards the wall and realized that Frigga had joined the fray, her presence turning the tide.

Grumbling with frustration at the failed plan, Lafaye growled, "Retreat!" The ice giants swiftly retreated through the cosmic rift, their voices echoing a warning, "This is not the end of Odin."

Using the power of the Casket, Lafaye sealed the passage, ensuring their safe withdrawal. Odin returned to the wall, his gaze meeting Frigga's. "Why are you here? You should have stayed in the royal palace."

Frigga shot her husband an indignant glare and growled, "They sent assassins after our son. I won't let them escape so easily."

It should be noted that while Frigga did not possess the ability to unleash meteor showers, she was a master of illusion magic. Her skill in weaving illusions was so potent that if one fell victim to her magic, the consequences would be real and deadly.

Only through immense willpower and a fierce desire to survive could one hope to withstand her illusions. Furthermore, as the recent war had concluded not long ago, Frigga had yet to lose her combat prowess, retaining her formidable capabilities on the battlefield.

Let's rewind time a little before the battle began.

Before they entered Asgard, Lafay meticulously inspected his army and checked their equipment. He understood that taking Asgard by force would be futile, but that wasn't his intention. Casting his gaze upon the ice ghosts conjured with the aid of the Casket of Ancient Winters, he addressed them.

"The plan is simple. I will engage in combat and distract Odin while you infiltrate the royal chambers and eliminate Thor. Once you've completed the task, give the signal. I will retreat, and we shall fortify our defenses in our world against Odin's wrath."

Lafaye reveled in the thought of the plan's success and the future that awaited him. With a gleeful demeanor, he continued, "Odin will be unable to wage a prolonged war on our lands, and when the other realms realize Asgard's weakened state, they will join the conflict. The fate lies in your hands."

The ice ghosts nodded in agreement and were the first to advance toward Asgard. Soon, the army arrived, and the battle commenced. While the defenders were preoccupied, the ghosts utilized a frigid gust of wind to slip through the city's walls, stealthily infiltrating the royal palace.

Swift and silent, they navigated the palace, eluding the guards, until they reached the chamber of the young God of Thunder. Approaching the crib, cautious not to employ magic that could attract attention, they swiftly delivered a powerful blow to Thor's neck.

A sickening crunch reverberated, and the once vibrant child was now lifeless. However, before the ghosts could make their escape, the room erupted in flames, engulfing them in agonizing torment.

The child was an illusion and disappeared. The real Thor was in the hands of his mother.

Unbeknownst to the ghosts, Frigga had been concealed in the shadows, safeguarding her son Thor. She had set a trap, orchestrating the illusory flames that claimed the ice ghosts' lives. Once assured of her child's safety, she conjured additional illusions, ensuring that even Heimdall remained unaware of Thor's location. Leaving the chamber, fueled by vengeance, she departed for the battlefield.

Upon discovering the fate of his son, Odin was consumed by wrath. "Heimdall, open the Bifrost. We're paying a visit to their realm."

Clearing the remnants of ice from his armor, Heimdall dutifully followed his king's command and opened the passage to Niflheim, directly in front of the army of ice giants.

Odin issued the order to attack, and his entire army charged into battle. On the opposing side, the ice giants had formed a formidable defense, with Lafaye positioned at the forefront. "So, you've chosen to attack so swiftly? Very well, I have made preparations for such an event."

Once again, the forces of the ice giants clashed with the Aesir. Odin led his troops, relentlessly breaking through any defense they encountered. Lafaye stood resolute, akin to an immovable mountain, denying Odin passage.

The war raged incessantly for several tens of days. Although Odin's forces were not fully equipped for a protracted conflict, the dwarves, their staunch allies, furnished them with superior swords and shields, outclassing the ice giants' weaponry.

Eventually, the ice giants' defense crumbled, and they retreated to their ice palace, intending to fortify their position. Odin's troops pursued closely, denying the enemy the chance to regroup. The war would have persisted, but amidst one of the ice chambers, Odin stumbled upon a young ice giant.

Upon inspection, he realized that the child was Lafaye's son. Seizing the opportunity, Odin spirited the infant away and ordered his troops to retreat. Returning to Asgard, he employed his runic magic to conceal the child's true identity, making him indistinguishable from an ordinary Aesir.

"From this day forth, you shall be known as Loki. Loki Odinson, my second child and the second prince of Asgard."

Frigga joyfully welcomed the new addition to their family, and thus, peace was restored to the nine realms. However, the duration of this peace remains uncertain.

2