Door?
373 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I reached the bathroom slowly and went inside the secret passage-like doorway. This house is really big for one person to live in. and I didn't find any memories of this secret room in my mind. so he didn't know about this place.

I ran my hand on the wall towards my left wall at the end of the passage. I felt a switch and flipped it. The room brightened it was a fairly big room double the size of the room I was sleeping in.

I walked in and saw many things placed all over the place. This must be a room where Yuuya's grandpa put many of the things he collected when he flew around the world. His grandpa was always traveling around and coming back with souvenirs, but Yuuya didn't know where he put them all.

'So this is the place where the old man kept all this.' I thought as I walked inside while looking at the bizarre stuff that was kept all over the place. There were statues, paintings, some weird armor and can that be called a weapon? I thought as I looked at the stick that had a ring at the end with more rings in it.

'It looks like something that monks will use.' I thought as I walked inside and saw a doll. It had like the kijin mask and a mannequin that was bigger than me. There were also some basketball-sized red cubes, and although I didn't know the principle behind it, there were also some strange stones floating around an equally strange pedestal.

'Is there magic in this world?' I thought as I didn't get any information about magic in yuuya's memory maybe they are like a hidden society.

'Well, it doesn't concern me even if there is magic.' I thought.

Apart from that, there was even a coffin that looked like an Egyptian sarcophagus, the kind that usually contained a mummified pharaoh.

As I walked around, looking at the various objects and artifacts around me, I walked deeper inside the room.

My eyes were drawn to one particular item placed at the very back of the room. It was a door that existed as if it had been pulled out of the wall. There was a large owl carved on the middle of the wooden door, and trees carved on the edge of it.

'Hmm, why does it feel like it is calling me. No, it is calling the body.' I thought as I moved towards the gate and reached in front of it.

"Is it something that is connected to Yuuya's body?" I muttered as I can still feel my attention drawing onto the door in front of me.

With that in mind, I reached for the doorknob and opened it.

"…Hm"

It was an unfamiliar room. It's decorated similar to a log house, with a large wooden table and chairs, and a wooden closet. Weapons such as swords and axes were piled up like mountains.

Then, something like a status board suddenly appeared in front of me.

I looked at it with interest as it wasn't here before, why did it pop out after I touched the door. I then looked at the door again.

"…just where did that old man get this door?"

I focused on the status board, and saw the text written on it:

<Skill [Appraisal] has been acquired. Skill [Endurance] has been acquired. Title [Master of The Door] has been acquired. Title [Master of The House] has been acquired. Title [Otherworlder] has been acquired. Title [Person Who Visited A Different World For The First Time] has been acquired. Extra Skills Detected. The Skills have been Added. >

Something like a message from games was displayed. A different world?

"Aren't I already in another world? So technically it's the second time well I won't argue about this." I talked to myself as I looked around the door.

The only thing behind the door was just the wall of the house. Yet through the door was an unfamiliar room like in a log house, extending beyond the other side.

"Seriously, what a day…"

I have an appraisal so how do I use it? I looked at the door as I thought about reading its information

The moment I thought that the status board that had disappeared suddenly appeared again.

[Door To Another World]:: A door which suddenly appeared on Earth and leads to some other world. Even the Gods do not know why these doors appear, or how. The destination is unknown, and once you cross to a different world, the location can be changed later. Those who become the door's master can manipulate various functions. The door is indestructible.

I was able to understand the information in front of me.

"So this… is the effect of this [Appraisal] skill?"

"… is there any way I can check the effect of the skills?"

The board appeared again when I muttered that and displayed the following:

[Appraisal]:: Skills to appraise various things.

[Endurance]:: You have acquired great resistance to abnormal states, mental interference, or physical stress.

"How convenient…" I thought as the skills were displayed as I thought about it.

"So I can control it with my thoughts."

"Let's examine the titles," I muttered and the message appeared as expected.

[Master of The Door]:: The master of the door leading to another world. You can use the menu function.

[Master of The House]:: The new master of the house where the wise man is said to have once lived. You have obtained ownership of this house.

[Otherworlder]:: A person from another world. You will be given a special growth boost, allowing you to obtain more experience than normal. It will also be easier for you to learn skills. The Level cap has been removed.

[Person Who Visited A Different World For The First Time]:: The person who visited another world for the first time. A distinct title that makes it easier for you to invent skills and magic compared to the effect of similar titles such as [Pioneer]. The process of your growth will proceed in an ideal direction. In addition, you will be able to use [Item Box].

"I see. But what if someone else finds it? If someone tries to steal it what can I do with this damn body of mine."

For some reason, despite how amazing it all sounded, it didn't affect me that much. It can cause more trouble to me than good. If this world has magic then those people will chase me to the end of the earth to get their hands on this thing. Well, I may be overthinking but still, it is better to make some plans. I looked at the description again

[Person Who Visited A Different World For The First Time] seems to be a superior title compared to [Pioneer], and it also apparently makes me able to use [Item Box].

Then I noticed the part of the description of [Master of The Door] that mentioned a menu function.

"Menu function? What is this?"

Another message was displayed in front of me.

This is…

[Door To Another World]

Owner: Tenjou Yuuya

Functions: <Money Conversion> <Transfer> <Entry Restriction>

That was displayed.

"Money Conversion? Transfer and Entry Restriction?… it is pretty self-explanatory." I thought as I looked at the log house through the door

The message changed to show detailed descriptions.

[Money Conversion]:: Everything can be converted into money.

[Transfer]:: The door can be summoned to the owner's current location at any time.

[Entry Restriction]:: Only those specified by the owner can pass through the door.

"It's more sophisticated than I expected! This lessens my worry a bit."

In other words, even if someone finds this place, they can't go any further. In addition, if someone were to try to steal this door, it would return to me…

"I honestly don't know why all of this is happening. I neither asked nor wanted any of it. So why did this happen, Sigh* I'll leave this for the future me to worry about."

I muttered in a tired voice, and another message appeared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Tenjou Yuuya]

Occupation: None

Level: 1

Magic: 1

Attack: 1

Defense: 1

Agility: 1

Intelligence: 1

Luck: 1

BP: 0

Skills: [Appraisal] [Endurance] [Item Box] [Spearmanship:MAX] [Primordial Rune: MAX] [Magic Resistance: MAX] [Cooking: MAX] [Household Chores: MAX] [Sewing: MAX] [Drawing: MAX]

Titles: [God Slayer] [Spearman of the Abyss] [Master of The Door] [Master of The House] [Otherworlder] [Person Who Visited A Different World For The First Time]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'These skills shouldn't be here.' I thought as I looked at the skills section Spearmanship? Primordial Rune? I doubt Yuuya has learned any of this. These skills hold special meaning to me.

"She taught me these. " I muttered as I remembered her again as I closed my eyes seeing her fluttering black hair and red eyes.

"Sigh* I am thinking about her again. Huh, Am I crying?" I said as felt something slide down my cheek and fall on the floor.

Drip*

"I seriously hate this body so much..." I said as I sat down drowning in the emotions that have at some point become foreign to me.

16