A Memory
130 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuya walked inside the thick forest that was covered with vines and fallen leaves on the ground.

'Is this place not visited by anyone, I can't find traces of humans other than some animal trails.' Yuuya thought as he walked in a circle around his house and only found the dense forest surrounding his house.

'Is this house in the middle of the forest, or an inhabitable area perhaps.' Yuuya thought as.

Skill [Map] has been acquired.

'Map? Like a mini-map.' Yuuya thought as he appraised the skill.

[Map: It will show you the map for places you've visited once.]

"Let's see how it works," Yuuya muttered as he thought about using the skill.

It formed a map in front of his eyes but only his house and the area around it was shown the rest was blank.

'So I have to visit a place for it to register it?' Yuuya thought

"Ok, it is a good skill to have," Yuuya muttered as he looked in a certain direction as he felt a presence there.

He walked towards that place without making any sound then reached where he wanted to and saw a creature.

It was a child-like creature with green skin, dressed in shabby armor, with sharp eyes, an aquiline nose, and some sharp fangs lined up in its mouth. While not being noticed by the creature, Yuuya activated his [Appraisal].

[Goblin Elite]

Level: 120

Magic: 100

Attack: 1500

Defense: 1000

Agility: 1500

Intelligence: 100

Luck: 100

'Hmm, it is near my house so I should kill it. Is this the normal level for monsters in this world? Well, not that I care.' Yuuya thought as he walked took a stance and vanished from his place, then reached in front of the monster.

'Blink.' It was one of the techniques to instantly close the distance.

Yuuya swung his spear in a horizontal arc cutting off the head of the monster before it could even react. And the monster fell on the ground turning into drops.

[Level Up]

[Skills Weakness detection and assimilation acquired.]

"I got some new skills," Yuuya said as he appraised them.

[Weakness Detection]:: Find out your opponent's weaknesses.

[Assimilation]:: It allows you to become one with nature to erase your presence and magic signature.

"Kinda useful, but I can do that naturally anyway," Yuuya said as he looked at the drop again.

"The drops are… [Magic Stone: Rank D], [High-Grade Demon's Fang], and [High-Grade Demon's Skin], huh?" Yuuya muttered as he placed it in his [Item Box].

"I'll continue looking around in a random direction because I have already come this far anyway," Yuuya said in his usual voice as he walked in a random direction and continued his exploration.

He walked some more and encountered some more goblin elites that he killed easily. And walked further as he felt a monster there after 2 minutes he reached the place and saw

A monster with dark brown skin and golden eyes like those of reptiles. Bulging muscles, with a height as tall as an adult man, and wore armor on its body. Gushing nasal breath from its big aquiline nose, and A giant sword that was as tall as itself.

Yuuya looked at the monster and appraised it.

[Goblin General]

Level: 200

Magic: 1000

Attack: 9000

Defense: 3000

Agility: 500

Intelligence: 500

Luck: 100

'Hmm, it isn't that special.' Yuuya thought as he appeared in front of the monster and slashed vertically straight for the head but…

The monster reacted and was able to bring his free arm up as he moved his head back.

SPLASH*

The attack lopped off the hand of the monster as it barely missed the monster's neck and blood sprayed out of his arm.

The goblin attacked with his sword as he slashed diagonally at Yuuya who was in his post motion after the attack so the goblin thought of killing Yuuya when he wasn't able to attack.

'This monster is smarter than the ones before, but it won't work,' Yuuya thought, as he turned in a circle and swung his spear in a wide arc attacking the goblin with the tail end of the spear in his sides, the goblin tried to block the attack with his sword and the weapons collided. And sparks flew in all directions.

BANG* SMASH*

But the sword wasn't able to hold out as it shattered into pieces. And the spear hit the right side of the goblin. And the goblin was launched in the air as he flew and crashed through the trees and fell on the ground then Yuuya appeared above him and pierced his head with the spear killing the monster.

[Level up] 

Yuuya saw the message and picked up the drop from this monster as he turned around and started walking towards the right because he felt the presence of humans there.

Yuuya looked over and saw a human flinging a clump of dirt at the girl that was leaning on the tree.

Looking at this scene a memory played out in his mind. The one he least wanted to see.

...….

"Kyaa, why would you dirty the dress my brother got for me?" A girl that looked 9 with blonde hair was lying on the ground as the white dress that she was wearing was dirtied.

A group of boys and girls were laughing as they looked at her.

"Dumb bitch, do you think you deserve to wear something like that, a cripple like you." A girl said as she smirked widely looking down on the girl who wasn't able to stand up.

"Why do you care?" the girl said as she looked up at the girl.

"You are an eyesore, nothing but a burden to him. You can't do a single thing no wonder your parents abandoned you. And your brother will abandon you as well." the girl who was standing said.

"My brother is still with me, he won't do anything like that." The girl on the ground said as tears welled up in her amber eyes.

"Stop dreaming we are in an orphanage and he isn't even your brother why would he bother to take care of a cripple like you who can't even hear properly?" The girl said with a smug look.

"No, You are wrong my brother won't…." the girl was about to say more but she was hit with a stone on her leg.

"What you can't feel anything right? HAHAHAHA" a boy laughed as he saw the girl who was on the ground.

"Hey, you guys have you seen lily here?" a rather energetic voice sounded out and caused everyone to flinch and look behind to see a smiling young boy the looked 13 or 14 in age with glossy black hair and clear sky blue eyes walking towards them the voice caused the girl on the floor looked up as tears streamed down her face.

"Brother," the girl named lily spoke as she spoke in a choked voice while crying.

The boy was stunned when he saw what was going on the energetic look on his face was wiped out.

"Lily, what happened? Are you alright?" the boy rushed straight to the girl on the floor lily was shaking like a leaf as she didn't say anything as she looked down.

"You did you guys do this?" the boy looked behind with anger in his eyes.

It caused one of the boys to jump on the spot.

"N-No Ashley this isn't done by us. Right guys" the boy said as he looked at the rest some of them nodded as they smiled.

"Yes, we found her like that,"

"Yes, yes we didn't do anything,"

"We were worried about her so we were asking her."

"Lily tell him, we are friends right."

"Yeah tell him we won't do something like that,"

The kids lied as they looked at Ashley. Ashley looked at the lily, who was shaking while looking down.

"Lily tell me what happened here?" Ashley asked.

'If I tell him the truth it wouldn't be good, I can endure it for him...…. I don't want to burden him, not anymore.' lily thought as she looked up while wiping her tears.

"t-they….. didn't... do any-" lily was about to say more but Ashley stopped her.

"Don't lie, just tell me what happened if you stay quiet today it will only worsen in the future. don't worry about anything just nod your head." Ashley said.

Lily's eyes widened as she looked at her brother looked at his hands that were bleeding. This caused her tears to flow again as she nodded.

"H-hey Ashley she is lying we didn't do anything." The girl shouted.

"Why are you so scared did you forget about his problem this guy become a statue during a fight." A boy laughed as he said.

"Oh, yes I remember now, that right. It is because of his trauma right HAHAHA" the kids laughed again.

"Yes, we did it what are you going to do kill us like you killed that guy." A kid said as he pointed at Ashley.

Ashley's body shook a little as he remembered that scene of blood everywhere on the floor he looked down and saw his hands were covered in blood as three bodies were lifeless on the ground.

9