Chapter 26 – The Agent
90 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing her brother leave to attend a call, Victoria stood up to sit closer to Sheila, as she wanted to find out who the girl that had caught her brother's attention was.

"What? What are you doing? Are you running away?" Benjamin asked, confused, seeing Victoria abandon their argument.

"Shut up," Victoria replied on instinct, her gaze focused on Sheila.

"Are you from around here?" Victoria asked curiously in a friendly tone.

Sheila, who was focused on finishing her meal, raised her gaze to the young woman in front of her.

It was very obvious that this girl wanted to know more about her, but Sheila didn't care right now because...

The food was delicious!

"No, I came to this city to attend to some family matters. I want to set things straight," Sheila replied as she took another bite of her food.

Victoria was surprised by the quick response from the girl.

At that moment, an idea crossed Victoria's mind.

If she found out the origin of the name Treit, she could gather information about her family by investigating!

"Treit... What country is that name from? It's the first time I hear it. Could you tell me your last name?" Victoria asked innocently.

Sheila pondered that question, as it was the first time someone inquired about the origin of the name she had invented.

"Now you think you're an immigration agent, Victoria? Why are you asking so many questions to our dear Treit?" Benjamin said loudly, interrupting Victoria's interrogation.

Victoria frowned and crossed her arms.

"It's not an interrogation, idiot. I just want to know more about her," Victoria said annoyed.

Why did that annoying Benjamin have to get in her way at this moment?

Right now, Victoria was asking the world to swallow or completely disappear that idiot.

"Yes, yes, officer. Treit has all her papers in order, right?" Benjamin said, staring at Sheila.

Sheila couldn't help but let out a small laugh and nodded. Before Victoria could say anything else, Blortus had returned with a rather somber look.

"I'm sorry, but there's an emergency. Victoria, you have to come with me. We're leaving," Blortus said in a serious tone.

"But, brother, right now..."

"Victoria, it's urgent."

Pouting like a spoiled child, Victoria got up and waved goodbye to Sheila.

"Thanks for answering my questions. If you're curious at our next meeting, you can ask me anything."

Even though she was upset, Victoria remained polite with Sheila.

"See you later, Treit. Take care," Blortus said as he grabbed his sister's hand.

"I love you both! Don't forget to support my company," Benjamin said mockingly as the siblings left.

Finally, Benjamin and Sheila were alone.

"Are you full?" Benjamin asked Sheila, seeing her plate completely empty.

"Yes, I'm a bit sleepy..." Sheila said, yawning. She had drunk and eaten so much that she felt like she was going to explode.

"Shall I take you back to the hotel?"

Sheila nodded, and they both left the restaurant after he paid the bill for everyone.

"These scoundrels..." Benjamin said with a smile as he looked closely at the bill.

That pair of siblings hadn't paid anything!

Once in the parking lot, Sheila had opened Benjamin's suitcase to leave the bag with the laptop and then opened the back door of the car to lie down because she was tired.

Everything had happened so quickly that Benjamin hadn't realized that Sheila had had his car keys all the time.

If he had said goodbye or separated from her, he would have lost the keys!

Benjamin laughed at the thought of that situation.

"You're something serious," Benjamin said quietly as he watched Sheila rest curled up in the back seat of his car.

After taking out his phone to take a picture, Benjamin grabbed the keys that Sheila had left stuck in the door. Before Benjamin closed the door, he heard a feminine voice.

"Sir!"

Benjamin turned around and saw that it was a young girl of a similar age to Victoria, but for some reason, she looked nervous.

"What's happening?" Benjamin asked, confused.

"You... could you leave that girl here?" the girl said, showing her phone, which had a screenshot showing an ID photo accompanied by the words 'wanted.'

The girl in the photo looked very similar to Treit, but being an ID photo, she looked very serious, and Benjamin noticed almost instantly that there were certain modifications to the face that made Treit look less attractive.

Reading the notice in detail, it said they were looking for the eldest daughter of the Barkers, who had gone missing upon arrival at the airport.

"I've already called the relatives to confirm if it's really her. If you leave now, I promise nothing will happen to you..." the girl said as she watched Benjamin's movements closely.

9