CHAPTER 11
635 13 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here."

Axel pulled out a toy water gun from somewhere and handed it to Yuri.

Turning his head to look around, the mob quartet were all holding the same prop gun.

"These look like toys, but they're actually very deadly and dangerous weapons."

Axel grinned at everyone with a bloodthirsty grin.

"Just pull the trigger and they shoot out colorful lasers, the colors are beautiful, but what's the saying? The prettier it is, the deadlier it is! These lasers can pierce even the Flash's battlesuit, which I'd say is better than the Rainbow Thief's goggles, but-"

"Don't risk killing an fbi unless he fires at you first."

The gangsters had no objection to their boss's request, they were just a bunch of unambitious jerks, not murderous villains, not to mention the FBI.

Only Yuri vaguely sensed that something was wrong and thought deeply about it.

No one noticed Yuri's deep thoughts, Axel continued to explain himself.

"You don't need to break into the FBI building, just help me stall the guards on patrol outside."

"Terry, Busk, Pudge." Axel began calling them, "You guys take the left side, Jim and Yuri take the right side."

"Later I'll use my levitation shoes to sneak into the seventh floor evidence room, when the alarm sounds, you guys start moving."

"Got it?"

Yuri and the mob quartet nodded solemnly.

"Very well, then let's start splitting up now."

As soon as the words left his mouth, Axel activated his air walking shoes and ran towards the sky one step at a time.

The location of the old broken car stopped at the back of the fbi division building under the slope, the slope is high and steep, it is impossible for a normal person to climb up from here. 

So Axel ran up first, then threw down a few ropes, so the rest of the people grabbed the rope and climbed up.

The fbi division building is in a back structure, the entrances and exits are distributed on both sides.

Yuri and Jim ran along the wall to the right side of the fbi branch building, and stopped when they could almost see the entrance gate, and hid behind the nearest pillar.

From here, one can vaguely see that there are two heavily armed guards standing at the gate.

"Do you really believe what the boss said?"

Yuri stood behind Jim and asked casually.

"what do you mean?"

Jim didn't look back, just leaned against the pillar and kept looking towards the door.

"Network."

Yuri rubbed his chin while saying. "How can you be sure that the Network really exists? How can you confirm the relationship between the Trickster and the Network?"

Jim turned his head back with a confused expression, as if he didn't understand Yuri's question.

"He told us about the superheroes, Jesse Quick, the Flash, the Kid Flash...he knows all the superheroes in Midtown and Keystone, and it must be a big shot who knows the information."

"The second-generation Trickster is about the same age as us. I don't believe that he can investigate the information by himself. Apart from the information being told to him by the Network, what explanation can there be?"

"Okay, let's pretend you're right, but why on earth would the Network steal from the fbi? Is there something in the fbi that allows the Network to risk its existence and let us laymen help? Don't they worry about us? What if the operation fail?"

Jim was taken aback when he heard the words, he really hadn't thought about these questions.

As soon as he saw Jim's expression, Yuri knew that he couldn't ask any serious questions. Now he was 100% sure that Jim and others were used by the second-generation Trickster.

It would be all right if Jim knew some secrets, but if he didn't know anything, that was a big problem.

Attracting the guard's attention and stalling him is essentially a cover for Axel.

While saying not to kill casually, he gave them lethal weapons.

Yuri didn't think that a bunch of gangsters who hadn't received professional training knew how to use weapons properly, and it was impossible not to shoot at them with the habit of the FBI, which would inevitably lead to a firefight.

Even if these unlucky Jim had super weapons in their hands, it was basically impossible for them to be opponents of the FBI elite. In the long run, James Jesse from Central City would led the team, and the formers would have no choice but to just surrender.

As for Axel himself, he has a levitation shoes, once he gets what he wants, he can just walk away, and he doesn't need to pay attention to the fire on the ground.

Even if Jim and the others were captured alive in the end, and the fbi wanted to obtain information from them, they would only get the word "network" at most. They didn't know where the headquarters of the network was, which members had any plans.

And the organization "Network" has never been a secret in the Twin Cities. It has been circulated in the form of urban legends as early as more than ten years ago. Almost everyone has heard of it, but few people believe that it really exists.

It is even possible that FBI has already traced the "Network's" activities, and their mission today is probably to steal the investigation data that could really endanger the Network, otherwise Axel's actions cannot be explained at all.

If Jim and the others were not captured alive, but were killed on the spot, the Network would have even less to worry about exposing themselves.

Yuri estimated that these five helpers will be abandoned by Axel from the beginning, and he didn't want to suffer the same fate. 

  "Hey! Jim, look over there, have the guards spotted us?"

  Suddenly, Yuri pointed in the direction of the door and whispered.

  Jim was startled, and hurriedly turned to look, but the guards at the door still maintained their previous posture and did not shift their gaze to their side.

Taking advantage of the moment he turned around, Yuri immediately rolled up his sleeves, revealing the small broken watch on his wrist, and pressed the start button as quickly as possible.

Only one alien hero is best for now.

Ghostfreak!

The green light flickered away, and Jem noticed something strange behind him, and turned back again.

However……

There was nothing behind him, no one, nothing, not even Yuri who was always behind Jem.

"Yuri? Where are you?"

A strange sense of fear was born in Jim's heart, and he even had the illusion that the air temperature had dropped by several tens of degrees.

In fact, that is not an illusion.

Yuri was still in his original position, just two steps away from Jim.

But Jim couldn't see just him at all.

A ghost, a species of Ectonurite, is a creature that is very similar to a stereotypical ghost in both appearance and ability.

Having an ethereal body is a very strange experience, and Yuri instinctively felt that he could pass through anything.

"Don't joke with me, buddy, come out! The alarm could go off at any moment, and we have work to do," Jim swallowed and chuckled.

He had thought that Yuri might run away, but the time just now was too short, so there's no way that he managed to run away in that small span of time. 

Unless  Yuri is The Flash.

"Ok, since you miss me so much, I'm back."

Yuri controlled his body and went straight into Jim's body.

11