Chapter 27: Visit to the Lab
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the weekend, after Alex finished his training with Max, Mark took him back to the headmaster's house.

We arrived in front of the headmaster's library, where he usually is. Upon entering, he was sitting there talking with someone on the myst-link (I.e. phone ). He was just finishing the call when we entered.

"Okay, arrange everything. I don't want any delay when I arrive there."

"I will be arriving shortly."

The headmaster then turned towards us.

"Alex now that you are here, I want to show you some things which will be useful to you. And I don't want you to cause any trouble while visiting the lab."

"OK, headmaster, I will be on my best behaviour."

"Mark, you will be coming with us."

"Alright."

After that, we got in the headmaster's car which I rode when going to Amber's party.

Shortly after we arrived at a building which I think is the lab the headmaster mentioned. It was just next to the academy but cleverly hidden behind a short forest, next to the cliff.

We entered the place as the headmaster Swiped the card on the door which then opened. Upon entering, I was amazed at how spotless it was in there. There was no one on the first floor and from the outside, I knew that there were two floors. We headed towards an elevator, which was initially perplexing to me, as to why there would be one here when there are just two floors. Stairs should suffice.

Maybe it's just something the rich do or it's a new quirk of the some people in this world. Whatever we entered the elevator.

We were silent throughout the process, as the faces of the two people beside me were pretty serious, and I didn't want to talk to them at this point. I don't think they'll mind it much, but keeping quiet is the best advice for anyone when the other party is in no mood to talk.

We entered the elevator and then the headmaster spoke.

"The 2nd underground floor."

The elevator opened shortly after and we got off. I didn't even know what to comment on. The fact that it worked on voice commands or the fact that the transition was so smooth.

We walked along a short corridor and came to a large room that looked like a proper lab in my impression. There were all sorts of equipment which I don't even know how to describe and speculate on what they do.

A man who looked to be in his forties came towards us. He was the first person I happened to see in this almost deserted place. The headmaster and the man started talking.

"Hi, brother Oliver, is the the young man over there the one you mentioned earlier?"

"Yes, now Jeremis, you take the lead and do all the tests."

The man then came towards me and said,

"Now young Alex, you can call me professor Jeremis. I will be collecting some DNA samples from you and then we will be doing some tests."

"Now, let's go."

Saying so the professor, then grabbed my arm and led me deeper into the lab. I wasn't even given the chance to question him or to even introduce myself.

We went and then he collected some of my blood along with cutting a few strands of my hair. After which he again led me like I was some mischievous kid that would run away as soon as he was overlooked for a second. The tests began with some physical exercises in a big transparent box, the material was not exactly glass or plastic and I could not figure out what it was. Maybe metal or something of this world.

What was more astonishing was that there was a formation in the box. I think it's some sensor or scanner or whatever, I wasn't so well-versed to decipher it anyway. Now for the tests, I was told to do some push-ups and squats which I could easily do after the 2 weeks of training I received from Max. After which a few floating targets were released from the top of the box.

I have to say the area of this box is large enough to do some simple target practice but I can't run around that swiftly without going in circles. Anyway, I started to shoot them with the normal Water blast and the wooden targets were getting shattered. After which more targets kept coming and they started doing air manoeuvre's, not really they just kept moving vertically or horizontally but with time they started to change directions mid flight. I could still keep up with them, such that as soon as they changed directions I fired at them.

Next, there were metal (I think steel or iron) targets appearing. They kept coming irregularly, about three normal Water blasts were required to destroy them, but I increased the pressure of the blast specifically for them. This was some good practice. Shattering normal targets with the normal version of the spell but using the little tweaked version for the metal ones. I still didn't use the water cutter cause while it was easy to use the spell that way, I still needed more concentration to maintain it and use it efficiently.

Soon it was all over, and I could somewhat feel that my mana was pretty sluggish and depleted. It seems that the rapid use of the spell about 60 to 70 times in 30 minutes drained quite a bit of mana. Also there were a few misses here and there when I was shattering the targets. I went out of the box which opened. Now the tests were over, I think.

"Alex, you've done well. I see that you haven't been slacking off at the Academy without my supervision."

The headmaster spoke, seemingly satisfied with the results of the test and my training.

"This is what I should do, I don't want to be behind by my classmates forever and bedside's I know that to fulfil the mission given to me, I need to become stronger, no, the strongest."

"Haha, Alex you need to know exactly what your mission is here in this world. In case you don't know let me tell you, the dungeons when spawned will each have a few powerful monsters that appear whenever a dungeon first appears which we have classified as elites they are at the peak of their rank and are berserk at all times. While we had somewhat managed to kill them until now, the numbers of dungeons appearing will increase and we will need to take care of them before the dungeon overloads and dumps them into our world, which means killing the elites is a necessity. Your mission involves eliminating monsters and acting as a medium for the apostles, who will aid by selecting representatives through you."

I kind of figured as such, but to think there will be elites, why don't you throw in a boss or two as well. But putting aside everything else the headmaster knows about the dungeon wave so of course some of the higherup's in various countries should also know about it. They can train people on their own, so bother bringing a teenager from another world and using such a lengthy and time consuming process which had made me miserable for years. But now some things make sense, also if I can be strong enough, there will be benefits from what information I have gathered so far.

0