Journal #2: On the Margijer
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Journal #2

On the Margijer


Recorded by the Domme Tirkju'a (an excerpt from his journals)

----------

It is the year Ki Heptre 3725.

I respect the Domma Margijer.

But if I were to be housed anywhere in Ori'ehem—or in all the world for the matter—her temple would not be considered ideal in my opinion and would most likely be absent from my list. There had been a problem with tourists. In response to that, she allowed Du Quam Kedrik to construct a wall between our templesides at his most urgent request.

Being the minor inconvenience it is for my templemen, overall I find it good, for it is only through this separation that we can find a respectable boundary to fulfill our duty, almost oblivious to the movement of the other.

Circumstances would not change if this wall were to be torn down. We are better off separated to do as we please.

But something concerning had happened recently. It went completely dark from my attention. It was only through Umdochar's report did I find out that the Margijer had gone down with an illness. Visitors were not permitted even if it were me. Recovery was swift, and somehow she easily resumed her faultless work ethic which I cannot criticize nor underestimate. It goes majorly unnoticed to the public eye—by virtue of their assumption regarding her nature—but she is a reliable one.

And she had given me her life all those years ago. For that, I rewarded her an empire.

No, I should not think that; nothing credits back to me. The Dove did that.

I truly own nothing. What sowed I in all those years of picking myself up on my feet everyday, spear at hand, laboring for the realization of the Dove's promise? The Dove says I must be content, but the Dove also says I must never settle.

So what awaits me and the Margijer at the end of the road? Where it ends, I have no clue; I won't ask a question I don't know the answer to.

I must be off now. This has only been unfair to the Dove. I will be amending such thoughts by paying a visit tomorrow. The Dove always knew what to say; the Margijer offered no such solace.


—ORI'EHEMIAN QUAMSHIP TEMPLE

located in the west coast of Cape Bon peninsula, modern day Tunisia; houses the Domme Tirkju'a and Domma Margijer separately, serving as a main temple of the Domminical Order where kings, zealous followers, visionaries, and tourists gather due to its longstanding presence in the history of Ori'ehemian civilization.

0