Ch 1 The Descent
380 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a certain room, a young man can be seen sitting on a rather futuristic-looking bed, he fiddle with a phone.

 

This phone looked rather mismatched with its surrounding as it was a rather old-style-looking phone of course if it was compared to his surrounding, as for him? it was a normal-looking phone!

 

The young man sighs...

 

he remembers that just a few minutes ago he was a normal unemployed man in a different place! and he was clearly on a street!

 

at that time the situation was not good, it was so sudden, but many cracks appeared from thin air and spread everywhere!

 

He remembers that he try to run from these cracks but suddenly another crack appeared far ahead of him and swallow many people that ran in that direction!

 

what's more, this crack was fast and weird, he see one person can turn around and already rather far from this crack but soon he was pulled by an invincible force and gone just like that!

 

what more this crack spread toward him! And he can't outrun this crack! soon he got swallowed and sucked in… the only thing that he can remember was his body got hurt all over! it was a pain that he can't describe...

 

and the next thing he know was he is in this room.., remembering the pain make him sweat so much... and he don't know what happened to his family over there too...

 

this makes him sad but still, he takes a deep breath and calms himself, it was important to know more about his current situation! first, he tries to analyze his surrounding.

 

it was a bedroom, a rather advanced-looking device can be seen here and there, but he think it was not too advanced, maybe a few tens of years more advanced than his place's technology....when he looked around he found something interesting! it was his phone, his old phone from that other place...

 

not only that he can see his clothing, wallet, and this android phone, all scattered in his surrounding but his own body was changed… if he remember the pain the most logical explanation was his body was already gone.....

 

now he look at his current body, it was a teen around 18 years old, he was handsome, have silver-white hair and red eyes…. his body was rather good, he is athletic and looked strong yet not so bulky!

 

His hand has some calluses too! As he was rather knowledgeable just from these calluses he can conclude that this teen learns some kind of martial arts or hard labor, at least it looks like that...

 

but his current appearance does not support this idea at all! as this young man uses rather expensive-looking pajamas and this room looks rather well made.. well he doesn't know about this place's standard but at least his surrounding was clean and have an expensive aura!

 

as this information was not enough he blink and thinks about his current memory, in truth he doesn’t remember much… what he means was he doesn't know much about this body memory.. it was blank... he can only feel something but not recall anything.

 

What he felt was this world not peaceful! As for why? he does not remember even a vague thing...

 

as he feels that he can't gather more information, the young man collects his old belonging from the previous world, he then looks for a container to place these things.

 

Luckily there are drawers in this room, so he just stores his belonging over there.

 

A few seconds later a knock can be heard.

 

“Young master it was time to have dinner!” a female voice can be heard.

 

Hearing this the young man was a bit shocked and scared… he doesn’t know how to act like the former young man at all!

 

Still, he can’t just keep quiet and say “Alright.”

 

He then stands up and walks toward the door and opens it, he can see a young woman in a professional suit waiting for him…, she nods at him and then quickly guides him to where the dining room.

 

When he followed this young woman, he can see many guards in the surrounding and they use something like futuristic exoskeletons armor and shiny rifle.

 

he tries to observe more but he can't as he already arrives at the dining room, he can see two people already sitting on a wide table.

 

one of these people was a much younger girl than him .. well it can be said a young girl and another one was a rather cold-looking young woman, they look similar to him, have silver-white hair and red eyes.

 

One was immature and one was cold looking but they have some kind of charisma that can't be explained.

 

soon, he was guided to a chair while this woman in professional attire sit down beside him.

 

seeing all people arrive the older young woman looks at Garen and says “Brother how was your condition?”

 

Hearing this the young man can only smile awkwardly and say “I am fine…”

 

“did you remember something ?” the young woman continue to ask.

 

This makes the young man blink and subconsciously say “I just know this world was not peaceful… er… uhum….”

 

He doesn’t know why but he answers her question without thinking… and in the end makes some awkward noise….

 

“Good.” the young woman only say that.

 

while the younger girl only stares at him...

 

With that, these girls start to eat, and the young man follows suit, he can’t just stare at them eating right?

 

After finishing their dinner these girls just went out directly…. but before that, the younger girl come to him and give him a futuristic-looking phone tablet.

 

“Brother here take this, it will help you remember much more things faster.” after that, she just left….

 

This makes the young man blink and look at the tablet.

 

soon he can hear a voice, “ Young master your condition is still not stable yet, it was suggested that you rest in your room for today.” it was the young woman in professional attire that remind him.

 

With that, the young woman leads the young man back to his room, on the way the young woman keeps telling him his schedule for tomorrow….

 

It was mainly rest, taking a walk in the park, learning some common knowledge, and that is it.

 

When he arrives at his room, he sits on a chair and looks at what that little girl gives him.

 

He doesn’t know how to operate it but it seems not hard as when he just makes eye contact with the screen it starts to turn on!

 

And what he saw was some information, like his family member and his name!

 

First, it was his profile

 

[name : Garen White ]

 

[record: Graduate from Antonio junior and elementary Private school, currently attend high school on Brilliant Star Academy]

 

and it shows much more information, from his childhood to recent dates, even an accident that happened just a few days ago!

 

From this, he knew that it was a good thing for him as this young man lost his memory!

 

And the cause of this was a training season… he lose control when gathering mana which cause some abnormal conditions that make him need to be treated at a hospital.

 

Believe it or not, in this world of medicine and technology it was almost rare to see this kind of accident as long as there is a professional that guides them.

 

the problem was this young man did it without any guidance!

 

the source of this reckless attempt was this young man wants to pursue a young girl… but he has a rather unsavory reputation at school…. so, she doesn’t want to go out with him and tell him to do something like successfully awakening his power first.

 

And as a young man that is full of hormones, he can easily be goaded by his love rival to awaken his power on his own!

 

Well yes, the girl that attract his eyes was popular and chased by many peoples, and one of them was a powerful student.

 

This student was special as he can awaken his ability naturally! so of course this student doesn't need guidance.

 

On the other side this young man 'Garen' was different! even if he has talent he has money to ask for guidance from a professional! this will guarantee his success! But here he is being easily goaded by another hot-tempered young man and in the end got into an accident…

 

The ‘current’ Garen sighed, he then look at other information, it was about his family situation, even though his parents got into an accident long ago and are no longer with them he still has an older sister who takes care of every business they have and even make it much bigger!

 

And she can achieve this with the help of her younger sister!

 

this younger sister is still young but has some kind of adult tendency, what more she can help her big sister in managing their company…. because of this, some people said that she is a genius.

 

As for their personal information, Garen can see them too as it was on the next page, so he click on it, and soon their information can be seen!

 

His older sister was called Rosaline White, she is still 20 years old, while his younger sister is still in junior high school and her name was Cindy.

 

they are the genius of this family… while he, was another genius! this was one of the reasons he is confident to awaken by himself, sadly he was overconfident, and have an accident.

 

in this place, every human can awaken some abilities! just normally they need some resources to do that and it was expensive!

 

Of course, there is another category it was people that awaken naturally as stated before! but this case was rare.

 

there are a few signs to know if they are a natural awakener and that is an energy called mana! if they have this energy when they are young they are certainly a natural awakener! but this need to do a test and Garen as a son of a rich family does this test when he is young!

 

His test result was positive! he has mana! this is what makes him rather arrogant and confident...

 

but to do this checkup one need to have money! and it is not cheap.... any ordinary person will rather use this money to eat than do a check-up.

 

the cause was this natural awakening can be said so rare, another thing was even without this test they will naturally awaken on a certain day! it was different for each people but it was guaranteed to awaken!

it was for a few blessed ones that can naturally awaken but there are other methods to awaken! and it was to use an awakening potion made by a human expert!

 

of course, there are some requirements and much more strict regulations, as it was to force the human body to awaken their inner talent, it needs the taker to reach adulthood first to intake this potion as the reaction was harsh.

 

another requirement was it needs money!

 

and there is another one that makes people depressed, it was the fact that even after drinking this potion it is not always successful! or rather the ability that awakened was not as they expected, and some were not good in the eyes of society.

 

Some people believe that each ability has its merit, but some believe it was useless, so even after spending so much money they have a high chance of just wasting money!

 

His big sister was one example of people using an awakening potion, luckily she awaken her ability related to ice so it was a useful one.

 

to make sure privacy is upheld when reporting their ability people can just do it in general description, of course, there is no rule to state it must be general.. it is just safer that way!

 

the young man thinks about all of this and analyzes himself... and he found out that he luckily awaken his ability in that reckless attempt!

 

and that was related to mana regeneration which makes him have a super-fast mana regeneration, but something went wrong and make him almost disappear from this world….. maybe it was already happened as the current him doesn't think he is the same person! so he can't say if it was lucky or not...

 

Anyway In this world mana was important, as this mana can be used to do something like attack, defend, or even craft something!

 

Of course, as the world technology advanced some scientists even develop devices that use mana as a power source.

 

From day-to-day appliances to weapons for war… they now all use this energy called mana!

 

So Garen's ability was really useful!

 

Even if he was useless in a battle, he can be a human generator…… and in a mana-driven civilization, he is really useful… to squeeze….

 

As for telling his family about his ability ? he thinks it can be done later... for now, he is rather unsure.....

7