Ch 10 Black Market
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This whole Journey feel so long but in truth, it was only half a day, it was 2 PM now barely past noon.

 

When Garen see his gems it was already raised by much!

 

It is only six hours so he gets additional 600 gems in total he has 2,900 gems!

 

He wants to save these gems to recruit a manager, so he let it be and focuses more on his gold coins, currently, he has 3,154 Gold coins and he starts to think about how to have additional money while Anne was outside…. in the real world.

 

After fondling the game for some time he can only sigh, he remember that he doesn’t have time to bring some modern items inside the game world, as Anne was outside now so no one can bring that..., still after looking he remember the village chief words In truth, he can explore the dungeon!

 

But he was unarmed and well he don’t know if his character can handle it, what more? what happened if his character died for real….

 

he start to think a bit, and decided he doesn’t have any choice aside from buying an iron sword from that blacksmith to resell… in real live reseller was a profitable business but here it sure profitable but not as satisfying as crafting items on one own! it was a game after all, nothing to lose and nothing urge him to do his best! he is not the type that crazy about achievement in a game or something like that.

 

In the end, he buys 131 iron swords! If it was all sold out today he can have a profit of 786 gold coins!

 

Soon he place it all on the table, the excess one was stored in the chest and automatically displayed if one iron sword was sold.

 

Customers come and go, some was happy while some was annoyed!

 

It was because Garen firmly reject any customer that bargained below 30 gold coins!

 

As he was only a reseller his profit was low and he don’t want to lose money anymore by following their demand...

 

Anyway, 30 gold coins were the market price, well at least for him as the majority of customers still buy it at that price.

 

This makes the item flow slowly and sure 131 iron sward was so excessive to begin with, but it was a game and well he doesn't know if it was excessive or not! but in real life selling 131 iron swords in a day for a small village was almost impossible!

 

But still, it was a game even though the flow was slow he still finish selling these 131 swords after he have dinner!

 

After dinner Anne came with him as her room was just beside him, this was to make it look plausible that they come out together from the same building or Anne come out from the same direction as him!

 

Well in truth all of the Garen Family and even Janet plus Anne was in the same building, it was to make a good enough excuse if some people sneak in and see their room layout, they can see Anne and Garen were near, just in case... who knows right?

 

And to make it more real Cindy will sleep with Garen in case Anne suddenly goes out of Garen's room it will still look suspicious... right?

 

But what if Cindy accompanies Anne? then at least it looks like Anne accompanying Cindy to meet her brother.

 

As for the reason? kids can have so many excuses and leeway to use, even though she is already in middle school well she is still a kid here....

 

Cindy herself still playing with Anne in her room, Garen doesn’t know what they talk about and he doesn’t care.

 

Soon after Garen was tired of selling all these 131 iron swords, so he left his phone and try to rest,

 

seeing his sister and Anne combine power it looks like a smooth journey tomorrow!

 

But then he sigh, he doesn’t think that it will be just like that.

 

if not, this kind of dungeon can easily be conquered by others with a limited number of people, and they will not let other groups take it...

 

Soon he thought about his city's power structure,

 

maybe advanced adventurer was rare in this City but he doesn’t believe that no group doesn't have any power to have at least some advanced adventurer, maybe they even have a special team on this level.

 

He remembers Janet saying that White Corporation was not originally run this kind of business... so it can affect many other factors, he can’t tell if others just feel this newbie can’t conquer that dungeon and just waste money, or because there are too few groups that can pay more than two advanced adventurers, and there is another factor, that was his sister and Anne's power was so strong and compatible to conquer this dungeon…

 

In the end, he lacks common knowledge about his surrounding….

 

Garen can only sigh and not think much about it but he still wants to prepare some item in case of emergency but he doesn’t know what it will be…

 

With that he looks at the village on his phone, there are blacksmiths and other buildings.. he looks around and his eyes land on the black market!

 

The one that was feared by the village chief!

 

“Maybe there is something good there? I never even go to other buildings….” Garen can’t help but think like this.

 

He clicks on this black market and he can see a rather scary-looking adventurer with scars everywhere open the door.

 

“Welcome! You look new huh! Come and see maybe you can get something good.”

 

This Adventurer welcomes him and lets him in, soon he can see what was inside this building, it is not as scary and shabby as he thinks!

 

It was rather normal, just like a normal shop! There are counter, many shelves with weapons and potions, there are even scrolls being displayed!

 

The adventurer closes the door and does not say anything again, but soon an old man with rather expensive-looking clothing comes from somewhere and walks toward the counter.

 

“Welcome young man! I assume you are our new friend as I have never seen you before! So what do you need? We can give you anything you want! As long as you can pay of course.” the man said.

 

Soon a text bubble appeared and Garen can write what he look for, this make him think as he doesn’t know what to look for!

 

In the end, he just writes “Anything for a dangerous situation.” then press ok.

 

Soon the old man says “Hum for dangerous situation huh, it depends on one situation, but let's see” With that he walks out from his counter to a shelf and starts to introduce his item!

 

He pick out a bottle of potion, it was dark green in color and he start to explain “This is a highly corrosive liquid, it can be used to critically damage your enemy.”

 

He places it back and continues to explain another item, this time he takes out a dark red potion and says “If you have other people on your team let them drink this! With this he starts to turn berserk and not afraid of death! Just make sure to play dead after giving them this.”

 

He continues to explain more items, poison daggers, or just lethal poison liquid, hidden weapons, and even….

 

“alright, this one has a wide range of prices depending on your choice, if you just want a meat shield then I can recommend a few that are cheap!” the old man said proudly.

 

Yes, it was the slaves… a human being!

 

Well, it is not just humans... there are many other fantasy races!

 

“if you just want to use some sacrifice then they are good enough.”

what Garen saw was a thin-looking people.

 

“They are slaves that sold themself here for many reasons, you can use them to do anything you want.”

 

The old man tells him some tips “Alright let's continue, look over here! If you want to have some muscle to use, this can be your choice! they are barbarians! no, it was not a job, they are a race!”

 

“They look like humans but not really, they have a great body, and can even lift heavy weapons but rather have a bird of a brain, still they are big so they can be a distraction sometimes.”

 

“My suggestion was to use them as your uh, meat shield or just labors, still it was a waste to use them as labors they are born warriors so you don’t need to worry about their combat ability!” the old man said proudly.

 

“If you want someone agile then I can recommend you a few more.”

 

With that, the old man shows him a few more ‘goods’ such as elves, dwarves… well he has many collections!

 

This makes Garen blink, it was his first time seeing a real scene of slavery…

 

It was a game but somehow it feel too real…

 

In the end, when he passes by a cage he can hear a voice!

 

“mister! mister! choose me!”

 

A young voice can be heard, Garen looks at the scene and it was a young boy in a cage, he has green hair and eyes, and look at him excitedly...

 

Seeing this the old man sigh “ uhum young man don’t think too much, even though he looks like a kid he is not! He can be even older than you by many decades! well, They were known as Ashtari the forest spirits…”

 

“uh well this spirit was not like elves, in truth Ashtari was the race name and the forest spirit was his title, or rather he was born from the forest.

 

“to make it simple Ashtari was what they called in their race language and our in terms it was spirits! Let me show you some other spirits.” the old man then pointed at another cage.

 

Soon he can see many children…. well now that Garen looks at them more clearly he can even understand that they are not normal human kids.

 

They have a wide range of hair and eye colors, green, blue, red, silver, black, and so on……

 

Alright, it is not rare for humans to have weird hair color as his hair in real life was silver, and have red eyes.

 

But what if their hair and eyes glow?

 

Yes, their hair color was glowing brightly! Like some kind of aura being seen with the naked eye… it was spectacular to see this!

 

2