Ch 21 Shopping
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Garen walks around and soon finds out that using money to buy an item at this place was not profitable…as it was a shopping mall the price was expensive! alright, he doesn't know about this world market price but who doesn't know that in a mall the price will be much higher than outside?

 

Well for 'current' him maybe money was nothing but he still thinks that it was a waste… and who knows how much money is inside his card? is it enough to buy many things in this mall?

 

In the end, he did something that maybe even Cindy did not believe, he walk out of the mall and look around in his surrounding!

 

But first, he goes to ATM and takes a bit of cash… he is already being told by Janet the code as he was 'amnesia' and forgets everything.

 

This world's currency was the same as Garen's previous world, it was still a combination of cash and e-money, and right he forgot to bring his phone… a phone from this world... so he can’t use his e-money but he brings his card so he can take some money.

 

Why is cash still in use even though the world appears to be so advanced? That was cash being more secure for doing something that can’t be recorded…

 

And many of those people want this money to remain available! What more not all people have the privilege to use e-money as sometimes when they lost their phone it means they lose all their money...

 

Technology was more advanced, and security was much higher as well, but this means that bad people will be much more advanced and knowledgeable than anyone realizes!

 

It did not reduce the number of bad people because stealing a phone does not require a lot of knowledge, right? it was much easier to do that than to hack a server of a certain bank…

 

Of course, this victim will sometimes react quickly and freeze their account, but many people do not even realize their phone has gone missing for a few minutes!

 

In just a few minutes, the brain of this bad guy group can hack into their account and legally transfer money! The next thing was it was to divide the money into multiple accounts and make sure it was untraceable…

 

Sure, many bad people will be apprehended, but there are other groups, right? And what about the victims? It's not like their money will ever be returned....

 

Of course, this still has the societal grading of rich people having much more secure accounts that are difficult for normal bad guys to steal from, but that does not mean a more powerful and clever bad guy does not target them, right? it can even make a very dangerous individual target them!

 

With that, cash was still valuable for people so it is still here and being used as usual!

 

Garen looks around him as he doesn’t even know where to go….

 

He wants to look for a place that sells candy…. he remembers seeing many of these kinds of shops near the streets so he just walks along this street!

 

And soon he found one, it was not as elegant as the shopping mall and look rather usual with its unique sci-fi taste…

 

He came in and saw a lot of parents and kids buying candy, so he looked around and found some that piqued his interest...

 

Well, it was just normal round candy… The flavors were varied, including apple, strawberry, chocolate, milk, and many more.

 

The food in this world is still similar, and even the fruits and meat were nearly identical, so Garen was not too confused.

 

He look at the price and found it was dirt cheap! Well, at least one candy in that shopping mall can buy a whole pack here….

 

“Sir please give me one hundred packs of this candy, I want the strawberry one.” hearing this the middle-aged owner was stunned but soon pack exactly one hundred and twenty…. well it was a bonus from this owner…

 

He even gives him his business card “Young man if you need any candy just contact me I will prepare it for you!”

 

Garen nodded and say his thanks “Thank you I will surely call you later.” well he really will call him again later…

 

But now he found a problem… he can’t sneak this candy inside his phone! With that he can only bring it along the way… one hundred strawberry candies…

 

luckily the owner gives him a paper bag.. still, it makes him look like a man after going on a shopping spree!

 

Just the paper bag logo was a cute girl eating candy and many more candy shapes around the bag…..

 

This does not make him embarrassed enough as it is not weird for an adult man like him to buy many candies right? maybe he will give it to some children later, yeah...

 

This makes him think about orphanages… if he donate many children's toys then it is not weird if some items were mysteriously gone right?

 

And along the way, he can pick some for these children's guardians, giving him excuses to take adult clothing as well!

 

With that, his strategy is already more or less flawless... and here is a problem... he just doesn't know where he is now!

 

“haa I lost…. as an adult….” Garen sighed it was a big problem as he don’t know his way back…

 

He did even not know what that shopping mall was called!

 

But soon he heard a ringtone coming from his pocket and remember his driver give him a phone before, he pick up and swipe it…

 

This phone's function and display were still similar to what he was used to, just the outer appearance was different from what he know…

 

With that, the call connected, and a sound can be heard “Young master, young Miss already done shopping so she asked me to contact you.”

 

Hearing this Garen sighs “Yes I am done shopping, pick me up on the road.”

 

Hearing this his driver was stunned “Which road… I mean what nearest place from there ?”

 

Garen looked around and discovered a few shops, so he simply told his driver the name of the shop...In reality, his driver doesn't need to ask because he already knows where he is!.... but it's better to pretend you're unaware of this, right? As to how does he know where Garen was? Imagine how simple it was for a small device that .. yeah that one.

 

Soon after a car can be seen driving toward him and stopping right near him, a cool-looking driver comes out and opens the door for him… take all his shopping bag, and store them in the trunk.

 

As for Garen ? he already come inside…

 

This scene makes many people shocked “Wow it was a luxury car! Who is that young man ? he just walk right beside me before!” a young girl can’t help but exclaim…

 

A more knowledgeable person said with confidence “Don’t you know him? I hesitate before as maybe he just look similar but now I am sure! It was the young master of the White corporation!”

 

Soon many discussions can be heard….

 

Garen can’t help but sigh, he now feels like reading some young master story…... soon the driver stores all his candy inside the car and start to drive away!

 

This scene became a major highlight on some internet news in the blink of an eye...

 

“White Corporation young master caught on camera buying tons of candy!”

 

With that, an image of a handsome young man with silver-white hair and red eyes can be seen….

 

Soon the driver and car picture was captured, and with that, he become some kind of news for the day!

 

Of course, Garen doesn’t know about this….. as he doesn’t even know how to operate the internet.. or rather he does not even think about it yet…

 

When he is inside the car Cindy looks at him weirdly but decided not to ask anything…

 

But Garen of course knew about this so he asked his driver “Was there any orphanage near this place? give them some of that bag, left some for me to eat…”

 

This makes his driver blink…. of course, he still nods “Yes young master, there is one around here but young miss…”

 

Soon Cindy's voice can be heard “It was fine just go..”

 

With Cindy's approval, he can only drive toward the orphanage and directly give some paper bags filled with candy to them!

 

Garen can see many kids run toward his driver and ask for candy!

 

His driver patiently gives them one by one…

 

Garen that looks at this scene feels something weird…. in his heart of course…

 

Cindy does not say anything as she still feels something was wrong with his brother but it was still a good thing so she just lets it slide…

 

Lila was the one that spoke “ Dad, did you have my candy too ?” hearing this Garen was stunned he remember to promise something….

 

“uhum yes yes it was why I left some…” hearing this Lila was excited “ Yey! Thank you Dad!” she want to hug him but the car was not wide enough to do that now as Lila sit on the back while Garen on the front.....

 

Lila blink and then she just hug Cindy the one beside her …… as it was already an awkward situation and Lila don't know what to do...

 

Well as another kid Cindy hugs Lila back….

 

Garen can only nod, expecting all of his candy to be gone by now.....

 

But, for the time being, he has a perfect excuse! It's not like taking candy to his game world couldn't be postponed for a day or two!

 

His family was rich so it was not like he need to urgently expand his shop to make money… as dangerous situation or people like an assassin? his family surely has many enemies but from the look of it, they not reach a live and dead state yet….

 

Even with Rose's abilities, they would not be wealthy now! They are already so down on earth if that happened…. maybe even mysteriously 'gone'.

 

This also this proves that Rose was a capable woman….

2