Ch 25 Smuggling Candy
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still, Garen did not summon this old man yet and go to eat breakfast with the others first! As for his reason to buy candy on his own later… well he can just think about that when the time comes…

 

When they eat today something was different, Janet report about that dungeon, the one that was being taken back by the adventurer guild.

 

“Today we have some news from Cowman Plain dungeon, first of all, they send a group of experts to conquer this dungeon, it consists of 32 Advanced adventurers and 100 official adventurers with additional support.”

 

"but today they were discovered to be pushed back..... it appears that there is an error in the measuring device and this dungeon was a large scale one, what we reached before was the true outer area, which is why we fought with a leader Cow."

 

“and this leader Cow was only a captain of a team, and the deeper they go the more team there will be, at some point, they fight with Cow general, and this general was already on top of hard-level difficulty.”

 

"Even their strongest group can only fight it for a moment, what's more, this general has many captains and soldier bulls around him... and this soldier bull was wearing much better equipment than the one we saw before!"

 

Janet's report opened Garen's eyes to the fact that they really can't conquer that dungeon... even a more powerful group can't!

 

From Janet's explanation, this dungeon will be taken over by one of the top groups in their city.

 

It was a really big group and even have an expert as group leader, But one piece of news that was most interesting for Garen was that the mysterious forest was disappeared…

 

They send some scouts to map this area and never found out about that forest again!

 

This makes Garen have some ideas but it was only his thought, he doesn’t know if it was real…

 

They soon keep eating and going their separate ways...

 

As for Garen? he is going for a stroll! It was his excuse to smuggle in some more candy.

 

Of course, he needs to have his driver take him to the candy store first... But this time he has a different strategy, when they arrive he says to his driver.

 

“Go buy a few books for children to learn, I will pick some candy here so it was much more effective.”

 

Hearing this his driver nod and drive to a bookstore while he chooses some candy!

 

And of course, he did not deliberately summon his manager first, he buy fifty packs of candy and go out of the shop… he look for a public toilet and come inside.

 

Soon a blinking light comes out and a loud voice can be heard “Boss did you bring back that item?”

 

Garen looks at this old man… he looks like a veteran soldier or mercenary, he just let him stuff twenty of this candy pack!

 

Seeing so much candy the old man beamed and did even not care about their transaction place….

 

“Hahahaha! Don’t worry boss I will sell it soon! We will be rich for sure!” with that the old man disappeared….

 

Soon Garen make sure to fill the empty paper bags with another candy pack so it look like there is nothing wrong with the empty paper bags.

 

He then come out and was shocked to see officers circling him…. “erm what can I help you with officer ?”

 

Soon he was escorted to the police station and questioned a few times…. it seems someone report that there are illegal transactions there!

 

Who knows this police was so fast this day….. luckily he just has candies, he did not say anything about his ability, he just told them he was buying candy......After being released his candies are already gone.. of course, they need to check it all right? In case one of them really some illegal item….

 

He doesn’t have any choice and buy a new one…..

 

As for remuneration ? he got back a little support money … for him, it was just a paper….

 

Anyway, when he goes out of the police station, his driver already waiting there…. he doesn’t ask anything and already packs a new candy for him.

 

This makes him sigh it seems his driver knew what happened!

 

Soon they drive to the orphanage like usual and distribute these books and items!

 

When he got back it was already noon and he eat with Cindy, Lila, and Anne, Rose already go working so she will eat outside like usual.

 

Of course, like before his driver spare one paper bag of candy for Garen, and he want to give these three girls candy… but thinking about this it was not good for them to eat candy every single day!

 

With that, he just smuggle it back into his shop…. and got an additional four candy packs!

 

This adds his candy pack to twenty-four! Of course, Garen let his manager sell it just one at a time… and max four packs per day, because he is unsure whether it will flood the market and cause the price to fall! With that, he applies some restrictions, and soon he is only concerned with honing his skills.

 

This time he still wants to try condensing his lava ball faster… He was too lazy to go out of his room so he just train there after eating.

 

His talent was not great, as he appeared to be struggling to condense it quickly enough!

 

Then this day passes by just like that again…. he sighs... after this long, he can't make any progress... It appears that he needed much more time to learn this ability before it was good enough for battle.

 

As to why he does this? it was because Rose keep asking about his progress…. it seems she did not give up on the idea of conquering a dungeon, even though that one was already gone, she look for another dungeon to conquer. This time she just look for a more easy one.

 

Sadly all dungeon is already occupied by groups and corporation so she can only hope a new dungeon pop out! or some group can’t manage this dungeon anymore, usually, they have a heavy casualty after doing something and this makes them can’t manage their dungeon so they choose to sell the right of that said dungeon! But it was rare for that to happen.

 

So now Rose can only accumulate more power first and as White corporation's main business was adventurer equipment so it will take time to do that.

 

After thinking about his sister's goal Garen then focus on his phone, it was night and that young lady come again!

 

She walk straight to his manager “Sir did it already arrive?”

 

The manager smiles widely “Of course young lady! We have a lot of packs from today's delivery, so we'll be fine for a few days."

 

Hearing this the young lady smiles and says “Alright how many there are? I will buy them all!”

 

This makes his manager think.. Garen already set that only four packs per day were allowed to be sold but this was a super big customer! So if he sells all 24 packs they will have a windfall! And soon a bubble appeared on Garen's screen [Old Manager asked permission to sell all candy stock!]

 

[Accept] [Reject]

 

This makes Garen don’t know what to do… he thinks for a moment and chooses to Accept!

 

Soon the old manager says “Young lady we have a total of 24 packs of candy… at first, we plan to sell it at most four a day as the next shipment will come quite late… so what about that ?”

 

The young lady nod and smile at him "I'll take twenty then, and with four packs left, you can sell it sparingly until the next shipment arrives, and it won't hurt your shop's reputation too much."

 

Hearing this the manager nods too “Thank you for your understanding young lady!” soon he gives her twenty packs of candy…

 

Garen isn't sure if it was because of the game, but it quickly vanished when this young lady take it and she appeared to be carrying nothing when she walked out!

 

Of course, she paid first and this made Garen have additional 100.000 Gold coins! This was so much!

 

Garen sighed as he realized this young lady was not a normal person! But Garen soon sighed again, forgetting to mention that eating too much candy is bad for the body! What can he do now that the young lady has left? Hopefully, she is still healthy and will return to purchase another pack.....

 

Garen then focuses on his gold coins! It was so many and he can do many things!

 

The first thing he do was to expand his shop by adding a shelf, there are some other kinds of furniture aside from the table there are weapons racks, shelves, and mannequins to display armor.

 

Their price was slightly higher than the table, but it was the same for each size because they also had multiple size options! And, of course, they were far more visually appealing than simply placing items on tables... For the small one, it cost him 1.000 Gold coins and the medium one 3.000 gold coins which means it was double the price of the tables!

 

Still, he chooses to buy a medium one for each type! Except for the mannequin as it only has one size but has a different variant for decoration and the price was depend on it variant, he choose the one that have a 3.000 gold coins price tag first.

 

For the weapon rack, It could display six weapons on a medium rack, the same for the shelf which can hold six items, but only one set for the mannequin.

2