Ch 36 Mana Barrier
26 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon Garen knows the rough idea but he doesn’t dare to try circulating his mana based on this mana barrier book, he clearly remembers what his old professor said he can read but needed guidance if he wants to try it, and it was a risky idea to just blindly try that... even the book state he needs guidance as there are some steps that are dangerous, like circulating mana.

 

Circulating mana was rather dangerous as he needs to do that exactly the way stated and if there are some deviations he can make his mana flow in disarray and many dangers can happen, even if it looks fine from the outside there are many hidden dangers too.

 

What more he doesn’t have any photographic memory so he just can’t remember some of this book's content well and need to reread it a few times, with that if he really tries maybe there will be a second 'accident'... so It was not a good idea to randomly do this!

 

this makes Garen thinks about his lava ball, if what he thinks was right then it means he borrow Lila's power so he can throw a lava ball safely without any systematic or learning method, but for him to learn a spell on his own? maybe he is not ready yet.

 

Now Garen can only ask his professor or another teacher about this spell or he can ask the grand master on that tower!

 

He's not sure if it's possible, but he can ask, right? nothing was wrong with that! so he walks into the toilet and opens his phone! Garen clicks on the tower and soon he can see that old man again, he doesn’t know why but feels there are many old men in this game…

 

Soon the old man say something “Young man what do you need now ?”

 

A panel appeared and he can write what he want, so he just explain the content of the book and asks any suggestions.

 

The old man starts to ponder for a moment and says “Hum.. this was an interesting way of approach, if you want to learn that spell you need to have deep knowledge of mana circulation, so I suggest you learn mana circulation first, after that you can try that mana barrier spell.”

 

It seems the old man doesn’t want to just sell words, he soon waves his hand and a book flies toward Garen. “That mana barrier was a rather advanced spell, if you want to learn speel that easier then I suggest you learn this.”

 

Soon Garen can see it was the book from a few days ago, the mana shield!

 

The difference from the mana barrier was this mana shield only made a shield in one direction while that mana barrier made it in a circular way, in easy terms defending him from all directions!

 

Garen knew that this mana shield was 5.000 gems he have the money now and can buy one, so he buy it from this old man!

 

Another piece of knowledge comes into his brain and makes him a bit dizzy! but then with this, he understands more about circulating mana and condenses it into a mana shield, as for the actual test he needs to try it later.

 

This really boost his understanding of a way to make a mana barrier as it was just another way to use his mana to make a shield, as for mana consumption, he know that the mana barrier was way more mana-consuming than this mana shield.

 

Of course, the mana barrier has advantages like it can defend him more securely and doesn't need brain power to predict where his enemy will attack… as sometimes an enemy will look like aiming at his front but maybe their spell will suddenly make a curve and attack his side or back right?

 

with this each of these spells has an advantage and disadvantage, mana shield needs less mana but its protection was limited, while the mana barrier needs so much mana but its protection was more secure, still they need to calculate how long they can conjure this barrier if not then maybe their enemy can just wait for a few second and attack them straight without any protection!

 

As Garen understands the basics he can slowly learn about this and use it depending on the situation! He believe his mana was good enough to constantly use a mana barrier, still it was not as easy as a mana shield to learn….

 

Well, he is cheating when he learns this mana shield as for the mana barrier, he needs to explore it based on the book and needs more time to be at least proficient enough to use it in a battle, so he just needs to learn this mana barrier in his spare time! For now, he can start to see his company!

 

With that he calls his driver, he uses this world phone of course…. he already remembers to bring it with him, not long after his driver arrives and they start to drive toward Garen's new company!

 

Believe it or not, when Garen arrived his company was not a massive building, only a two-story building with a double door and large windows that closed by a curtain, there not even any sign to display.

 

This time his driver acts as a guide “Young master this building was just purchased three days ago and still undergoing renovation, please be careful.”

 

After that, the driver opened the building's double doors, and when Garen entered it still smelled of paint, even though the driver said it still undergoes renovation this floor already looks neat and ready to use, there were even many shelves on the first floor.

 

Garen already can imagine placing some candy here… er wait it was a potion, he start to think about candy so much....

 

Now there was a problem… what kind of shop did he need to open? As it acts as a decoy shop for his smuggling candy and modern items, he needs to have candy and modern items here too as to make it not look so suspicious.

 

Garen look around and thought, There are two floors so how about making the first floor a normal civilian shop while the second floor is for adventurers? he can sell a super rare item from his game world over there!

 

But still, he needs to make it secure enough… so maybe he will use the first floor first, he is not ready to make contact with this world "adventurers"

 

What's more, when he walks to the second floor it still undergoing renovation, some paint is still wet and there is not even any furniture there, he can see some people painting and even cleaning this place.

 

As they see him they start to gather and greet him rather anxiously, seeing this Garen just waves his hand. “don’t mind me continuing to work.” soon they continue to work.

 

Garen looks around and this building is not big but not small either, he can make a small shop that provides many things here even if he only use one floor.

 

With that he walk back toward the first floor, his driver then say “Young master it was expected that tomorrow this shop can be opened, if you have any requirements you can tell me and I will tell our people in charge here to do what you want.”

 

Hearing this makes Garen nod, he secretly thinks if there are people in charge here… don’t usually they will be the first to come and greet him? or maybe he read too many stories that it was not real at all... In the end, he just shakes his head and continues walking.

 

After inspecting the first floor in greater detail, Garen tells his driver, "I want to make this first-floor sell candy, children's toys, and clothing ranging from children to adult, next..."

 

In the end, he divide it into two segments, the left one from the door was for kids, and the right one for adults.

 

Not only he provides toys for kids he provides a toy for adults too! Like games… even though this world was in constant war, entertainment was still needed…

 

There is something similar with 'Playbox' 5 here just already more advanced looking, still it needs electricity to run tho…

 

soon he blinks as this makes him think about something, will he make so much money by selling a generator? the people of that game world need electricity to use any appliance from his world!

 

In the end, he let his driver know he want to sell a portable generator that can be used to run this play box and other appliances directly…

 

“Young master it needs to be customized but don’t worry about it, with our connection it can be done soon!” the driver thinks about it and say this proudly!

 

And Garen specify that it must have an easy way to charge and need to be constantly charged, at most it can sustain any appliance for a few days, but it needs to have a reminder too if the power was low as he doesn’t want his customer to complain….

 

But now there is another problem he needs to choose a game on that play box series that can be played by his customer! As he knows the language of this world and the game world was different… He himself can write this language but it does not mean he needs to translate every game to game world language right?

 

Soon he thinks about how to make a guidebook…. he will just let the guidebook tell his customer what button they need to press and what menu will display…

 

if only there are a better thing that does not use text.....sadly this world of Virtual reality technology was not as advanced as sci-fi movies, they are constantly at war with dungeon monsters or other humans, so entertainment was rather stagnant in development, its progress but not as fast as weapons!

 

Still, he believes that there must be a company that tries to develop a real virtual reality game set like in movies!

 

Now that he thinks about movies… why doesn’t he let his customer of the 'game' world watch movies first instead? Even though the writing of their language was different their pronunciation was the same!

 

So they must understand this movie better than games right?

 

This makes Garen think again…. he needs to look for a TV now…. of course, he let his driver do that… He just needs to think about how to smuggle some TV….. luckily when his drive comes back with a TV he can see that this TV was already compact and easy to move…

 

.......

Author Note :

I am sorry guys, I lost my Hard disk, which means I lost my stock and data, I don't remember how much money and gems Garen had so I don't know what to do.... i decided to take a rest and make this one hiatus for now, thank you for reading this far, I really appreciate it! you don't know how happy I am when one of you comments about my story! thank you! wait for me to make a new one!

 

this time I make sure to stock my chapter on website.... you know I never imagined that a certain morning when I want to upload a chapter my hard disk suddenly makes a tick tick sound and is not able to be detected at all! it was sad and maybe more toward despair... and I used up all my time that day to fix my hard disk and ask here and there... no one can fix my hard disk.... but I must let it go for now and learn from this mistake..... thank you!

2