Chapter 1
1.4k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           "What is destiny? Does destiny always come true? If the person is destined to die tomorrow, can that person avoid the death? Do humans just follow the flow of destiny, or can we break the flow of it?"

           That was what I always thought about the book, where I read my own fate in the book’s world and became this person as ‘villain’, but it seemed I needed an obligation to follow the book’s world, yet if the fate of mine was a death of me, surely I would avoid that fate, no matter what God told me to follow it.

           There were two types of fate that believers believed in: the first was the fate where humans could not change it; no matter how much humans wanted to change this fate, they would face it; it was the fate of death; and the second was the fate of a soulmate. God already decided your fate about those things—where, when, or how you would die, or who would be your soulmates—before human birth.

           The other fate was the fate you could change; there was a lot of this type of fate; the fate you would pass the exam depended on; whether you wanted to study or not; it was not God’s matter, it was your matter. You wanted to be healthy, rich, famous, etc. It was your fate that you could change how you act.

           But there was an exception to the fate you couldn’t change; the exception was that you still needed to try to achieve it. For example, if you wanted to have a soulmate or partner to marry but didn’t make any effort to find one, you just stayed alone, waiting for someone to come to you. God would not unite you with fate, and if you didn’t want to die fast, you needed to stay healthy, eat healthy food, and don’t do something stupid. Sometimes this became a paradox: if God already knew my fate, why did I need to try to achieve it? If, in the end, God already knew about me from the beginning,

           So did the book’s story like the god’s fate? The character of the book could not change it, but if someone was aware of the story, it could change the story or the fate of the book. Even though I would be against the gods or goddesses in my own world. Still, I refused to go with the flow of the book or what the book told me.

…………………………………………………

………….

……

           One day in the evening, I opened my eyes and saw a ceiling—a ceiling that I didn't recognize. In front of me was my long hair. I didn't know I had long hair. Half asleep, I tried to get up from the bed, but my hair kept sticking out in front of me. I looked around; I didn’t recognize the room. There was a big mirror, a big dressing table, a big wardrobe, a big window, and a big balcony beside the bed.

           I saw the door open in my room. There was a maid who brought a bowl with a towel and entered the room. Our eyes met, and suddenly she was surprised and dropped the bowl with the towel. I raised my hand to call her, but she immediately exited the room.

           I laid back and examined what the hell was going on. Did I have this type of room before? Did I have this white hair before? I stood up from the bed to check my face and body. I walked to the big mirror beside the window. In front of the mirror, I saw someone with thin cloth pyjamas; was this a body of mine? The body was small. I couldn't believe what I just saw. I kept touching the body and the hair.

       When I heard the door open, I returned my attention to it. I saw some people entering my room. There was the maid before, a lady with long white hair, a man with short white hair, and a little boy and a little girl behind them. Their faces were so worried.

           "Is that really my Aurelia?" The lady spoke.

           The lady and the man immediately approached me and hugged me. I wanted to reply to the hug, but I didn’t know what was going on; it felt awkward. The lady showed her face to me, and I saw there was a tear in her eyes.

      "Aurelia… You have awake…How is your body?? Is there any hurt anywhere?" The lady said it to me.

           "Oh dear…How about you calm down for a second? It seems Aurelia can’t handle a lot of thought, and look at her face; she is still in shock and pale.…" The man tried to confront the lady.

           The two released their hug to me.

           "I know..my dear, but to see Aurelia awake and standing makes me so happy…I can’t hold my feelings against it.."

           They didn’t hug me anymore, but something was nagging at my leg. It was the little boy, and the little girl hugged my leg. When I saw the two carefully, they were twins with different eye colours. The girl had red eyes like the lady and white long hair, and the boy had blue eyes like the man and white short hair. The girl held a doll in her arms. They were so cute.

           "Aurelia, you need to take a rest in bed, and you two let her leg go."

           The little two released their hug in my leg, and the lady accompanied me to the bed with everyone in the back. I laid down again in bed, and she lifted the blanket.

           "How’s your body??" The lady kept asking questions.

           "Au..re..li..a" I tried to say something to them.

           "What is it?"

           "You called me Aurelia, is that my name?"

I saw everyone's shocked faces after I asked about it.

           The man immediately shouted, "WHERE IS THE PHYSICIAN THAT I HAVE ORDERED EARLIER?" I saw his face startled.

           "She is on the way here, your grace.." The maid answered it.

           "HOW LONG? YOU PICK HER UP!"

      The maid immediately exited the room. The lady’s face was startled like disbelief. I saw the two felt uneasy about it, the lady kept holding my right hand, and the man kept walking back and forth. The little two were beside the lady. The room filled with complete silence, and the lady beside me kept holding my right hand. The little two were beside my face.

After some minutes of silence, the maid came to the room with a red-haired woman.

           The maid addressed the man "The physician has come, your grace."

           "Great. Quickly check my daughter.."

      My daughter's words surprised me. The little two stepped back from me and let the woman come and sit in bed beside me, but the lady kept holding my right hand. I saw the physician close her eyes while checking something on my wrist. After some moments, she touched my forehead and touched her own forehead.

           The physician addressed the lady and the man, saying, "I believe there is nothing wrong with her condition."

           "Are you 100% sure about it?" The man replied.

           "I’m sure, your grace."

           "But she asked about her name; it felt like she didn’t know her own name."The lady replied.

I looked at the physician, who turned her face toward me.

"Do you know your own name?" She asked me.

"They called me Aurelia…I think that’s my name…"

"Before they called you Aurelia, did you know your own name?"

"I don’t know.."

"Can you remember about the past?"

"What past?"

"Hmmmmm…How about these two children behind me? Do you recognize them?"

I looked carefully at their faces. "I have no idea."

The lady and the man’s faces became so worried.

           "Do you not know them?"

      "I'm sorry, I don't know."

           "How about the lady that is still holding your hand right now? Do you recognize her?"

"I have no idea," I said as I turned to face her.

The lady’s face became more anxious and worried.

           "How about your dream? Do you have any dreams when you are asleep?

           "I can’t remember it.."

The physician stood up and moved forward toward the lady and the man. I saw her whisper something to them. They followed her out of the room. After they were out of the room, there were still the two little ones in the room. I saw their faces like they wanted to cry.

           They came to my bed and held my right arm...

           The boy spoke first: "Sister Aurelia, do you really not know us?"

I cannot answer his question...

           The girl spoke with shutters like she wanted to cry "Sis..ter… Aure..lia.. Are..you..real..ly…sis..ter... Aurelia..?"

Still, I cannot answer the question...

           The girl showed her doll with her two hands to me "Look…You..mus..t..k..now..who..she..is?"

I kept quiet. The girl seemed to not be able to hold her emotions anymore and started to cry...The boy tried to calm her so she would stop crying, but it failed, and he started to cry too...

           I got up from lying in bed and tried to calm them down. I put my hands on their heads and started to pat them. I was just smiling at them.

           The man and the lady with the physician immediately went into the room. The lady went to the little two and started to calm them down. The man went with her. The physician stood in front of my bed.

           The physician tried to explain to all of us, "I think it is better to let everyone know, especially my lady, about her condition." She started to make the statement, "My lady has suffered memory loss; the amount of memory lost, I still don’t know, because my lady didn’t recognize madam; madam was the one who gave birth to my lady; if my lady didn’t recognize her own birth mother, all the memory of my lady may be lost. But there is hope in my lady's situation; usually, when people lose their memory, they act like babies or children. My lady acted not like a baby or child; even though she understood what I had said, so it would be great if she started to learn everything again. I hope that in the process of learning, my lady regains her memory."

           "It’s great, but I think it’s better if we start introducing ourselves…" The lady said, "Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Cordelia Aurelius, I am your birth mother, like she said, and you are Aurelia Aurelius." She patted the little two and asked, "Do you want to introduce yourselves on your own, or will your mother introduce you to your own sister?"

           "No...I wa..nt to Intro..duce..my..self...*sob*sob" The boy stuttered from crying, "My..name..is..*sob *sob...Aurelio Aurelius.."

           "I..am..*sob*sob…Ophe..lia…Aur..elius…*sob*sob" The girl stuttered.

      The lady patted their heads. I turned my face toward the man.

      The lady also turned to face the man. "Dear..I think you start to introduce yourself too.."

           "Right..right…I am Marcus Aurelius, I am your father…"

           "As you already know, we are the Aurelius family…and the one who checked you is our family physician, her name is Sofia.."

           Sofia was bowing to me.

           "I think you should take a rest first, after hearing all of this…..Two of you let your sister take a rest…"

           All of them left the room…

 

34