Chapter 12
196 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            In the emptiness of white, I turned my face from the ground and saw…a woman figure in front of me…She had blonde short hair, wore a white robe…She was smiling at me, somehow I felt the smile was so warm and different from other smile I received…I looked closer to her face, she had two different color in her eyes, in her right eye it was blue eye, when I looked at it, I felt like in the middle of the ocean, hearing the sound of the waves, and the wind of the ocean. the left one, it was green eye, when I looked at it, I felt like I was in the middle of the woods, hearing the sound of nature…

            I took a step back from her, and immediately she took a step in front of me, and it kept going on, until I asked her.

            “Who are you?”

            “Who I am? How about you guess it?” 

            “Are you Delios?”

            Suddenly she was in my right and leaned her face in my right ear “For what reason I impersonated her..” 

            I turned my head to the right “So who are you?”

            She was circling around me “So who I am, you said I was Delios..there is no merit, I am impersonating her..”

            “Before, I was in the temple of Delios, so I thought you were Delios..”

            Suddenly she stopped in front of me, and turned her face at me..

            “You really don’t know me, huh?...Let me show you something…”

            I watched her put her 2 hands in her chest, and for a few moments, there were golden lights emitting out from her, especially in her back…The golden light seemed fade away, she wore a long gold cloak, and she was different from before, her hair become more longer, curly, and more bright gold, she wore the white dress robe with golden ornaments around it from the white plain robe, now she wore a gold leaf pattern circlet with blue and green emeralds in the middle of it, wore like a winged sandals from plain feet, a lot of golden bracelets in her hands, and some of golden and silver necklaces in her neck. Most importantly was in her back, the golden lights faded away and transformed a giant wing twice taller than her, a clean and pure white wing full of fur, but there was only one wing in her back, not in pair…

            From that wing, I realized who she was..

            She came closer to me and said “Human, with this, surely you will know who I am..”

            “Yes…I..am..” Suddenly I felt so nervous..

            “Great..but for ensure it and formality, let me introduce myself”

            She took a step back and flapped her wing..

            “I am Gennaia…as you already know I am one of the Goddesses..”

            I bowed down to her “This lowly name is Aurelia Aurelius, It is a high honor to meet The Goddess Gennaia…”

            She snapped her finger in the air, and suddenly a stone round table with two chairs appeared out of nowhere in front of us..

            She said “How about we take a seat?” 

            We took a seat..

            She offered “Do you want to drink? Or perhaps a snack?”

            “It’s alright for me, I don’t want to bother the Goddess.” 

            “Bother me?? Huh nonsense..” Again she snapped her finger in the air, and a tea set, a lot of treats and snacks appeared out of blue on the table “I am a Goddess, of course this small thing is not bothering me…you can take a sip and the snack too..”

            I took a sip of the tea, because she asked to.

            She asked “How about you taste the snacks too?” 

            I took a bite of the snacks..

            “How about the taste?”

            “Well It’s tasty..”

            “Glad I heard that, now…..”

            While I was munching the snacks, I heard something odd from her..

            “Who are you?”

            “I am Aurelia Aurelius like I have introduced myself..”

            “NO! Let me ask you again, who are you??”

            “I don’t quietly follow your question.”

            “It seems you aren't aware of it…”

            “I am Aurelia Aurelius from the Aurelius Family..”

            “Sure, it's who you are, but how about..” She stood up and walked toward my right side, she snapped her finger again, and a woman appeared beside her. “How about her? You recalled her?”

            I looked closer at the woman, she had short black hair, she wore something weird. I have never seen the clothes that she wore. There seemed to be 3 layers of clothes on the woman, and her pants seemed more thick than any pants I have ever seen, her shoes were weird with black and white color. All of the garments she wore were thicker than any garments I have ever seen...

            “I don’t recall anything about her..” I said.

            “You sure about that?”

            “I am really sure..”

            “Alright then..” She snapped her finger again, and the woman disappeared, but she came toward me.

            “Excuse me” She stuck out her finger toward my forehead, and touched it “This may hurt a little..”

            Immediately I was surprised “What!!”
            I saw a light emitting from her finger toward my forehead..

            After the light was gone, she pulled her finger from my forehead, a few moments later, suddenly

            “*cough* *cough*” I spitted out blood from my mouth, and my nose seemed to emitted blood…

            “What....*cough*hav..e..yo*cough*..u..do..ne..to..me?” I asked her with struggling blood in my mouth.  

            “I gave you something that belongs to you…”

            “*cough* be.long..s.to..me?”

            She snapped her finger again, and the previous woman appeared beside her..

            “Now, can you see the woman figure one more time?”
            “Like..I..had..sai..d..I..don’t” I turned my head toward the woman “re..call..he–*cough*” and suddenly more blood was coming out of my mouth…

            “Take a deep breath…It’s gonna be alright…”

            “*sigh* what are you trying to do to me..”

            “Like I have said, I gave back something that belongs to you..”

            “What is this thing that belongs to me..”

            “Memory..”

            “Memory?”

            “I can’t give you all of it, because it can kill you, so I placed a ‘dianoia’ on you..”

            “What is that?”

            She started to circling around me “It makes you remember your memory, but it takes a time for the memory to appear in your head, because your brain still can’t take all of the memory you had, so it takes time for this memory to be implemented in your brain…If I planted all your memory right now, your brain could not handle it and became shutting down..”

            “And why am I spitting blood?”

            “That’s the side effects of it, dianoia knows when is the right time to plant your memory to your brain, your brain will become more developed and the space of the memory become more expanded each day, so in this time, dianoia will implement this memory to your brain. Because of the sudden memory being implemented, your brain becomes aware of it, and reacts to it by flowing the blood from your body to your mouth and your nose because of this small malfunction of the brain..”

            “THAT’S NONSENSE!”

            She stopped circling and suddenly on my right side “My existence itself should be nonsense if you think that is nonsense..”

            Suddenly the area around us slowly faded away..

            She seemed angry “Cihhh They forced you to wake up…..but it’s okay…I have given you the dianoia…and for you, don’t ever tell anyone about our meeting

           At the last second, before the area faded away, she said “Be careful from NONA, she started to make a move from your action..and I will keep to stay beside yo–” and the area around me crumbled into deep darkness…

            …

            ..

            .

            I closely opened my eyes…slowly I saw mother in front of my face, with a worried face, it seemed she tried to hold cry…She saw me open my eyes, and immediately she lifted me a little and hugged me. I looked around me, there was my father, Lady Octavi, Adel, and 4 people from the temple before, and I was still on the platform in front of the Delios statue..I looked at my dress, there was a stain of blood in there and there was blood in my mouth and nose too..It seemed I had vomit a blood while in sleep like I did in that area. 

            Mother finally said a word “Are you alright, Aurelia?”

            “Yes I am alright, mother……before that, mother..I want to ask you…”

            Mother released her hug from me “What is it, Aurelia?”
            “Why did mother and father try to poison me?”

            Their faces were surprised, and mother said “We not trying to poison you, darling..”

            “But…that drink.. They” I pointed to the 4 people from the temple “gave to me, made me sleep without my consent, did that count as poisoning?”

            Father took a step to me, and said “Aurelia, they didn’t try to harm you…”

            “But what they did count as poisoning right?”

            I saw father and mother looking at each other..

            “Aurelia, it seemed it was our fault..” Mother said..

            “Yes, Aurelia..it was our fault, the 4 people from the temple were innocent, we who ordered them to give you the drink..” Father said. 

            “WHY? Mother and father tried to poison me..”

            Mother rubbed my head “Listen, Aurelia..We didn’t have any intention to harm you or poison you…we just want to find something from you..”

            “Find something from me?”

            “Do you remember? When you said you have heard some voices that said something about mortal?”

            “Ah! I remember that..”

            “At that time, Sofia advised us to go here, and seek advice from the temple..”

            “And that advice poisoning me?”

            “No, my darling…we told them about everything that had happened to you, from the nightmare you had, the voices you heard, and the sudden loss of control you experienced.”

            “And…”

            “They advised us to make a bridge of communication between you and the goddess, so we went here..”

            “Is that absurd, mother?”

            Suddenly one of the 4 people from the temple went forward to me, and I saw it was a woman

            She said “We deeply apologize, my lady…but what had you experienced from the madam story, we believed that my lady received some divine revelations…”

            “Divine revelations…you are not joking right?”

            “No, my lady…your physician Sofia had visited here and asked about some divine revelations…so his grace and madam had visited here after Sofia's visit, and from their story and Sofia’s story, we assumed it was divine revelations..”

            “Because of these divine revelations you made me sleep, and tried to make contact with the goddess..” 

            “Yes, my lady…”

            Mother asked “Does it work, Aurelia??”
            I could not tell them the truth…”I think it’s not, mother, It was just pitch black..”

            Their faces were shocked…especially mother…I saw mother stared fiercely at father..

            Father nervously said “Are you sure about that, Aurelia?”

            “Yes I..*cough* am..” It seemed the coughing was still in me..

            Mother’s face turned angry, stared fiercely toward father and said “I think that’s it, dear…” Mother immediately stood up and waved her hand toward Lady Octavi to come..she came to mother, mother asked “Can you lift Aurelia to the carriage?” and she just nodded..She immediately tried to lift me up, but..

            I saw father try to speak up “Hold up, dear…I think  there is something that we need to ensure about, before we bring Aurelia back..” Lady Octavi seemed confused about lifting me after hearing from father.

            “Ensure!! You said, what do you want to ensure about, dear? I felt I had done something horrible to her by offering her that drink…”

            “But, dear…They said it was safe for her to drink it, it just made her sleepy…”

            “SAFE!! SLEEPY!!” Mother walked closer to father “You saw it with your own eyes right, dear…your daughter, Aurelia, spitted a lot of blood in her sleep, and you were just standing there without doing anything, before I ordered them to wake her up…” 

            I saw Lady Octavi beside me confused about what to do, she was being ordered to lift me up, but father 's intention was different...

            “That must mean something, dear…”

            Mother raised her voice “ENOUGH!!” made everyone stunned silent…mother gave a sign to Lady Octavi about lifting me up to the carriage…immediately she lifted me up before father spoke…

            Mother said “Dear, I think we need to talk about this matter in the home privately...” she turned her view toward Lady Octavi and Adel “You two may go and escort Aurelia first to the carriage, my husband and I need something to do in here….and can you try to hide this thing from the little two? I don’t want them to worry so much..”

            “Yes, Madam..” they answered at the same time…

            Lady Octavi, Adel and I left the place first, on the way left the place, I saw mother angrily kept arguing to father and the 4 people in the temple..

 

18