Chapter 16
147 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            My both hands were in blood. I asked Sofia

            “What happened?”

            Sofia just answered “That’s the question that I want to ask to my lady..”

            She was kneeling and holding both of my bloods hands, while looking at me. I saw behind her, there was mother and father, looked beside me, there was a broken vase on the floor with some blood. 

            “Is it me who broke the vase?” I asked Sofia.

            While she was wiping each of my hands with her handkerchief, she said “Yes…my lady who broke the vase…if you pleased, can you tell me what had happened to you?”

            I started to tell her about what I had experienced, each story that I told to her, I showed the location, I walked to the table beside my bed, and told, on the table, there was a white box, and a doll like a bear. I explained the white box that was bright, no candles nor lamp I had seen. 

            I grabbed Sofia’s hand, and started to walk out of the room followed by mother and father. In the hall, I told there was no this and that, it was just plain but it felt appealing. We moved on to the stairs, I explained the side of the stairs were made of glass, not wood like this. I saw some servants in the house were curious, so they followed us. In the dining room, I told them the table’s shape was not a rectangle like this but a circle made of glass. I pointed to the chandelier, and described it as a ball of light that was hanging, but it was brighter than any chandelier or candles that I had seen. Everything I explained to them, the decor, the walls..

            Even in the dining room, I said “Ah! Mother and father also were changed by someone that I didn’t know, even the little two were not in there…and then the man who changed father dragged me from the seat…carried me to the room…after that there was an unknown woman who approached me with a weird white robe.”

            Everyone was stunned by what I had said. I saw mother and father's expressions of unbelieve, then Sofia told me to go back to my room. When Sofia and I walked toward my room, mother and father stayed for a moment in there, and seemed to inform the servants there. Arriving in my room, the broken vase on the floor was gone, Sofia took me to the bed, and I sat on the bed. 

            “My lady, perhaps you were hallucinating…”

            “Hallucinating? But what I had seen was real, even I felt when I touched..”

            “How do I tell you about this…but the truth is..

            Sofia explained to me what really happened, the man who dragged me was not an unknown man, but my father. She told me that father was so worried about the blood in my mouth, so he carried me to the bed. The little two were there the whole time, even they followed father to my room, but they were scared and worried about me, so after father took me to the bed, they stayed in their room. The thing that I hugged was not a doll but a vase, she told me, so that was why my hands were in blood and there was a broken vase on the floor. And the woman who approached me was Sofia…

            “You are lying, right Sofia? That’s not true..”

            “It’s the truth, my lady…”

            “What about the white box that was so bright, I remember that I touched it and it became bright as the sun..”

            “There’s not such a thing like that..”

            “But..but..but..I touched it and felt it…that’s no way I was hallucinating..”

            The door had been opened by mother, mother and father came to the room and walked toward me. Mother immediately sat beside on the bed, while father was standing beside Sofia, Mother embraced my head and my body. 

            Father asked Sofia “What had happened to Aurelia?”

            “I believe she was hallucinating…but my lady kept denying it..”

            “Is that true, Aurelia?” The sounds from mother beside me..

“Because I felt it was so real, when the man dragged me out of the seat and carried me, I felt the sturdy of his body. When I hugged the doll, I felt the fluffy of the doll. It is unreal if that was a hallucination.”

Father said “Well, it’s what Aurelia believes” and asked Sofia “but what’s the cause why she experienced all that?” 

            “It’s hard to define the cause of my lady…but there is some possibility…the first possibility is the imbalance of the four humors, before the event, your grace said to me that some bloods came out from my lady’s mouth…maybe the lost of blood from one of the four humors could make her experiencing the hallucination…especially some days ago, she already lost some blood…”

            “What’s the other possibility?” Mother asked.

            “The other could be that the soul of my lady was obstructed by demonic spirits, if this is the cause, the people that my lady saw could be the spirits themselves, manifest in her brain, and the last one, maybe hard to tell to your grace and madam..”

            Father said “What is it? Just say it, you are the physician not us.”

            “It is a divine punishment…”

            Mother and father were stunned, especially mother was so shocked. 

            “This divine thing again…” Mother said “How many divine things that Aurelia will bear..”

            “Madam, even myself don’t believe in the divine, but it could be a possibility that it is a divine punishment…maybe it was a punishment from what had happened in the temple before…”

            “What had happened in the temple, it was not Aurelia’s fault, even though she was the one who was suffering from it” Mother said.

            Father asked “If it's the cause of Aurelia, are you suggesting we take Aurelia back to the temple?”

            “Dear, WHAT HAVE YOU SAID?” Mother became more agitated and stared at father angrily “I will not give you the permission to take Aurelia back to that temple..”

            “But dear, if it can make Aurelia better, is it great for her to go to that temple?” 

            “NO WAY, I will not let Aurelia take a single step there…if the Goddess of that temple wants to take Aurelia…she better be vis-à-vis with me before she lays a finger on my daughter..”

            “If it’s what you want, dear, I will not force her to go…but for now, let’s settle and not immediately diagnose the cause of Aurelia…”

            “I think what your grace said is right, we need to see more in the future about my lady…for now, I suggest my lady to take a rest, and hope this thing does not happen again..”

 

            __________________________________________

            2 weeks had passed, where a lot of things had happened. The three children Alicia, Alecia, and Aelia now became my personal maids, where Adel was still absent. Lady Laura, the one who became my tutor, where her daughter Lady Octavi was still absent. 

            In these 2 weeks, I had experienced 5 hallucinations like before, because of this, I stayed in the room all the time. When it was dinner time, the servant brought the food in front of the door, and one of the three children took it. First, the hallucination appeared in 4 days, then 2 days, then 3 days, so it appeared randomly. Like before, I spit some blood from my mouth and came out from my nose as well.

            When I was hallucinating, I walked around and explored every corner of the world of my hallucination. I even went out of the room, and started to walk everywhere, but someone unknowingly always prevented me from going. After hallucinating, Sofia told me everything that I had done, and I told her what I had experienced. The three children that always were beside me, did not appear in my hallucinations. 

            Each hallucination was different to another, sometimes the bear doll appeared in the hallucination, sometimes the white box already opened, and sometimes it was closed. Until, in the third, I had experienced this, there was a book on the table. I opened the book, and the words on that book were so strange, I could not read what was written there…but in the next hallucination, the words from the book were changed to something that I could read…the first page was still unreadable, but the next page was readable. 

            | 20/01/2005 

            |           Today, it’s the first time I write something in this book. My father gave me this book, he said “it will be fun if you write something in this book everyday…”. I don’t know what the fun of writing something in this book is, but he called it “Diary..”...”

            I turned to the next page and read every page, some pages were torn apart. Everytime I read it, something would appear. The bear doll appeared in a clean and untouched condition not like before beside the book, after I read..

            |           My uncle gave me a doll, it’s a teddy bear. He said it came from overseas, so I need to take care of this doll.. 

            So the doll was called a teddy bear. A weird stick appeared hanging on the wall with a lot of sort of snares, after I read

            |           My first day in the club was so harsh, the coach always ordered me to run back and forth, even though he was not letting me play, if it’s like that for what father gave me the racket…

            On every page, something in the room would appear. I read the book until some pages became unreadable again. I closed the book, and started to look around the room again. I didn’t take anything from the hallucination, because Sofia warned me, and didn’t want the broken vase incident repeated again.

            After the last hallucination in these 2 weeks, I immediately told the three children to bring mother to me. Some moments later, mother arrived, and sat beside me on the bed.

            She asked “What’s the matter Aurelia?”

            “I have a favor, mother..”

            “What is this favor?”

            “Maybe it…is hard for you…”

            “Just tell me your favor…”

            “Can you bring me to the temple that we had been to?”
            Her face became frowned.. “Why do you want to go there?”
            “There is something that I want to know…”

            “Why in there? Is Sofia not capable of that?”

            “It’s not like Sofia is not capable, but I want…to..try…communicate…again…”

            “Communicate? You mean the goddess in that temple?”

            “Yes, sort of like that…”

            “But you said you were experiencing nothing there, exactly what you wanted there..”

            “It’s harmless to try it again, right mother?”
            “Harmless? Back then, you spat a lot of blood…how was that harmless??”

            “Come on, mother…I am in this room for 2 weeks without getting out, moreover in these 2 weeks, I haven't seen a single face of the little two…It’s like a cage in here..”
            “Aurelia! You can’t say that, why do you say your room is a cage..”

            “But mother, is the truth right? That in these 2 weeks, I was forbidden to leave the room..”

            “It’s not forbidden, but it's better for you…..your favor, I will think about it again with your father…but for now, you will stay in the room..”

            “But….”

            “No but…”

            She stood up and left the room, after she left, I immediately laid back on the bed..

            On the next day…Father and mother arrived in my room, and they brought a splendid news that they would bring me to the temple. The three were preparing me for the occasion. For 2 weeks, I have not stepped a single step on the first floor even out from the house…In front of the house, a carriage had been prepared and 2 horses for the 2 guards.

            After arriving in the city, the carriage immediately went to the temple, not in the square like the last occasion. In the temple, we immediately went in with father and mother holding my both hands. Inside of it like before, I was offered the drink by one of the people in the temple. I drank it, and in a moment, I became dizzy and sleepy. I went unconscious, and someone carried me to the platform in the middle of the room. 

            …

            ..

            .

            I opened my eyes, and found I was in the emptiness again. I started walking in the emptiness. After some walking, I spotted a figure from a distance, I immediately ran at it. 

            Behind her, I said “Gennaia!!” 

            She turned around, and it was not Gennaia…When I looked closely, she had long red hair, an orange eye in her right eye, and red eye in her left eye. 

            I was surprised and took a step back, but she walked a step forward, everytime I stepped back. 

            “Who are you, mortal?” she said.

            I said “Who are you?”
            “This is my realm and my domain…why are you here?”

            “Your domain and your realm, Does it mean you are Delios?”

            “Yes, it is me, Delios…so what reason do you bring here?”

            “I want to meet Gennaia…”

            “Why do you want to meet her?....ah you are the anomaly.” 

            “Anomaly??”

            “She didn’t really tell you about that huh…”
            She immediately snapped her finger like Gennaia did, a table and a chair suddenly appeared in front of us. 

            She said “Pleased, take a seat first…I will tell her about your arrival here..”

            Out of nowhere, she disappeared in front of me..

14