Chapter 20
130 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I kept waiting in my room, while sitting in front of the vanity table. The words from Gena kept shadowing inside my mind. She said she sensed something from the crown prince’s entourage, what could it be? That Goddesses could sense it.

            After waiting for more moments, I looked out the window, and now the sun was already shining above our heads. Finally, I heard a sound from the door knob, and when the door opened, I turned my body to it, and saw it was my mother who opened the door. Mother walked to me, and gave me the information. 

            “The entourage had already passed our gate..”

            I stood up, and mother led me to the entourage. We left the room, immediately Adel and the 3 children who were waiting in front of my room, followed behind me. On the way to greet the entourage, I was so nervous, suddenly I heard my mother say to me while walking. 

            “Don’t be nervous Aurelia…and don’t grip your hand like that, that’s so inappropriate for you…”

            Without my knowledge, I gripped my hand with my other hand, maybe because I was too nervous.

            “Remember one thing, Aurelia…You are in your home, not in his home…For what, you need to be nervous in your own home..”

            “I will keep your word, mother…”

            “Great, that's the Aurelius spirit you need to show...Show him about your family’s name…”

            After some walking, we arrived at the entrance of home. I saw everyone was there, even Felix, I hadn’t seen him for a while. Immediately, my mother led me to the front of everyone. In front of everyone, there was Father, the little two, and Gena already waiting. Mother placed me in front with Gena and Adel beside me. 

            I saw three carriages come to the entrance of my home, two carriages were normal carriages, the one in the middle was different, it was white and full of ornaments like golds. I assumed it was the royal carriage. 

            When the royal carriage came closer, I saw two glimpses of figures inside of that carriage. Maybe the Prince brought someone in his carriage like his sibling, I assumed. I looked to my mother behind me, it seemed my assumption was different from my mother's and she was irritated. Suddenly, she was beside me, and whispered something to Adel. Adel changed position with her, now Adel was behind me.

            The three carriages stopped in front of my house, especially the royal carriage in front of me. The guard on the coachman from the royal carriage went down, took the stair from behind the carriage, put the stair in front of the carriage door, and opened the door…In a few second, the prince showed, but for no reason, my mother was covering in front of me, like she tried to hide me from him..I just saw a glimpse of him, he wore white clothes and white robes like a royal robes, with gold yellowish ornaments, and his hair was blonde…

            I tried to peek from my mother’s body, and found someone else still inside the carriage beside him. He stopped in front of the carriage door, and lent his hand to a girl from his carriage, so she could step down. I saw a glimpse of the girl, she had red hair. I noticed my mother’s hand seemed to be giving a signal. Immediately I was pulled out from there by Adel who grabbed my hand. When I was going to be pulled out from there, I looked at Gena's face and was quite shocked. 

            After we went behind everyone, Adel grabbed me and led me out from there. It seemed she led me back to my room. It was just Adel and I who left from there, even the three children not following me, and Gena seemed astonished about what happened. On the way, I asked Adel while she led me.

            “Why did you pull me back from there, and it seemed you wanted to lead me to my room again?”

            “It is madam’s order, my lady…”

            “I saw mother whisper something to you, may I know what she had whispered to you?”

            “Madam, just whisper about this order.”

            “May you perhaps know who she is beside the Crown Prince?”
            “My lady, you did see her, I have no clue about her, even I haven’t been informed about someone beside the Crown Prince, especially another girl in his entourages.”  

            “So I may not see my fiance today?”

            “That depends on Madam's order.”

            “What about father? Does he acknowledge anything about this?”

            “I think his grace will follow madam.”
            …

            We arrived in my room, inside of it, I just came back to sitting in front of the vanity table, while Adel was outside staying beside the door. Some moments later, I heard the sound of the knob of the door, I turned my body to it, and saw the door was opened by Gina followed by the three children. Gina walked towards me, while the others stayed beside the door. When Gina was in front of me, I asked her.

            “What is going on down there?”

            “It’s a mess, your mother, madam was furious about the Prince's entourages.”

            “Why?”

            “Perhaps you didn’t see it? Your fiance brought another girl in his carriage, to see you.”

            “I saw the glimpse of the girl, but I thought she was his sibling or one of his family, so I didn’t find a big problem there.”

            “You didn’t find it a problem until you heard this…that girl is not his sibling nor one of his family.”

            I was surprised “Oh my!! So who is she?”

            “That’s what the madam wants to know…Therefore, she threatens the entourage to go back, not allowing the Prince to see you even a single strand of your hair..”

            “Well, mother is scary if she is angry..”

            “And about that, my lady…it seems your father is not that scary compared to your mother, even he didn’t say anything when your mother was furious at one of the courtiers from the entourages…and this nature seems to pass down to your little brother, Aurelio.”

            “Even though he is not as capable like mother, he still does his job well…and I noticed you were shocked back then, what made you shocked like that?”

            “Ahhhh! About that..” Gina suddenly was nervous “I will te..ll you about that in another time…Right now, you need to prepare..”

            “Are you blind or what? Look at me! Am I not prepared in your eyes?”
            She looked at me from bottom to top “Not that outfit or appearance” she pointed at my chest “but prepare your heart..”

            “My heart?” I put my hand to my heart.

            “What would happen if the girl he brought was his lover, when he had you? Do you have a feeling of jealousy, if that happened?”

           “Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…I don’t know what I would feel if that happened, I think it because I still don’t have any feelings toward the prince, I don’t recall any memories with him, so the word jealousy will not appear in my mind.”

            “Hehhhhhhhhh that’s not fun…there will be no conflict in the royal’s love then…I want to see, you in front of the prince say ‘This betrothal is over..” like that..”

            “Tell me! That you are joking right now..”
            “No I am not jok—”

            Suddenly the knob of the door opened, we turned our body to it, it was mother and father. Immediately Gena stepped aside from me after seeing them..They walked towards me. 

            Mother was the one who said first to me “Aurelia…” and suddenly she hugged me for no reason.

            “What’s the matter, mother? Why do you hug me like this?” I asked while she was huggine me.
            She released the hug from me “Do perhaps not feel angry or jealous, darling?”            

            “Why do I need to feel those?”

            I saw mother take a gaze toward Gina.

            “Did Gina tell you about it?” Mother said.

            “It?? Ah! You mean the girl that the Prince brought, yes she had told me, I thought she was one of his siblings or one of his family.”

            Father walked forward, and said “Aurelia, perhaps have you not felt itching or stinging inside your heart?”

            “Father’s question is like Gina’s question, but I will answer it the same, I don’t have any feeling like that or jealousy when I see the girl.”

            Mother and father just looked at each other..

            “May I know who this girl is?” I asked them.

            Mother answered “The Prince introduced her, she is the daughter of count, and he didn’t tell us anything about how he met her…You must have already known about the peerage rank…In this occasion, this girl is impossible to know the Prince especially close to him with her status as daughter of count.”

            “I don’t quite follow it, mother, I know about the peerage, but she is impossible to get close with the Prince, I don’t quite catch it…”

            Father tapped mother’s shoulder “I think it’s not great for Aurelia to know about this, dear, just let her evaluate or judge about her bethroral…how about we ended this conversation, and ask her a question about her bethroral..”

            Mother looked at father “Sorry, dear…maybe it’s my habbit.” and she turned her face to me “So darling, I give the Prince a chance to meet you, but this chance is up to you, you can easily give us a signal, that you want get out from the Prince, we will easily obligate the signal…and kicked out that Prince…so do you want to meet him or not?”

            I nodded at her and said “I will meet him..”

            “If that’s your words, I will withdraw the three children as your maid for today, but there will be Lady Octavi, so you will have Adel, Gina, and Lady Octavi stayed beside you…with this, you can easily give them a signal or a word, and they will immediately do it.”
            “I understand mother…”

            “Great, now let’s meet this person..” said.

            I left the room with my mother and father followed by Gina. Outside the room, I saw Lady Octavi already in there. Mother and father led me to the living room followed by Adel, Gina, and Lady Octavi…after arriving in front of the living room, I saw some people in front of the room. Mother and father stopped in front of the room, and I went to the room followed by Gina, Adel, and Lady Octavi. In the room, I noticed there were 3 guards each on the corner of the rooms. I walked toward the sofas, where the Prince took a seat. When I passed him, the girl was sitting beside him. I took a seat in front of them. Now, I could completely see their appearances. The girl had short red hair, and the Prince had short blonde hair. Importantly they wore  the same color of dress, white.

            The girl started to say “It seems my lady Aurelia needs a lot of attention from the servants, that they follow you in here, it’s like you need them because you feel not well. May that be the reason to bring them in this great meeting between you and your fiance?”

10