Chapter 32 Twisted
69 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Arriving at home, We had been greeted by the servants, and I asked the man in charge of the home to treat Cassius…While I was talking with him, Adel whispered me,

            "How about that guard, my lady?" She looked at Milo.

            "I don’t really care much about him now; just tell him to do whatever he wants."

            Adel just nodded at me, and went to him..

            Some servants helped Cassius to walk, with Valerie beside them. They took Cassius to the living room, and let him lay down on the couch…The man in charge of the home told me, the physician was on the way..

             I checked at him; his bruises were pretty bad..

            He said to me, "

            Honestly, I wanted to know about this transmutation thing, and what Valerie whispered to me before, surprised me. The royal tried to set up Adel. 

            I asked Cassius, "There is something I want to know from you, Cassius….The first time you saw Adel’s black transmutation, you said black and white transmutations are rare…can you tell me about these two transmutations? Why did Valerie say, the training ground wanted Adel to show it?"

            Cassius tried to get up from lying down, but Valerie and I stopped him, I said, "You can tell me while you're lying down.."
            Cassius said with some spacing tone, "Some people said transmutation is a gift or a curse from divine beings……the five stages, I told you….are the transmutation achievable for normal people…it can be achieved with training…or heritage it…BUT The transmutation from your maid, is a special one…Even the existence of people who had these transmutations is believed to be zero. So when I saw your maid had this transmutation, I was disbelieved to see it in front of my eyes…Valerie was lucky at that time, she immediately gave up…If she tried to fight her with her own transmutation, she would be dead in a second…You had seen it, right?? How your maid easily swept an entire band of bandits without transmutation, even I couldn’t defeat them…Black and white can’t be achieved with just training…Normal people like me and Valerie, or the woman who beat me at the training ground, can’t achieve that stage…"

            I asked, "Why??"
            "You need to ask that with your maid, or the person who raises and trains her…"

            The person who trained and raised Adel was mother, was it mother who could make Adel have black transmutation? Or did Adel already have it when father found her?

            Cassius asked me, "Tell me the truth!!! How many people have you seen that have these transmutations?"

            I answered, "For now, I just know two people who have black transmutation, and I have seen them fight each other…"

            Cassius and Valerie were shocked, Cassius said, "Fight each other???"

            "They fought each other without the transmutation, but when they used it, the fight was disturbed by a white dagger that pierced the ground... and they immediately stopped.."

            Valerie asked, "This white dagger, who threw it??"

            "I don’t know about that…"

            Suddenly, the servant told us that the physician was in here…

            "Great…You may treat this man here…" I said to the physician, "I shall leave him to you…" 

           

            Before I left, Cassius said something to me, "I have two pieces of advice for you, don’t let people know about the black transmutation of your maid, and……this one is for you…… don’t ever get away from your maid…"

            I got his first advice, but the second one raised a question, I asked him, "Why do I need to stay close with Adel??"

           "It’s for your own good…"

           I said, "I will take your advices...just take your time to recover…" 

I exited the room, where Adel was already waiting at the door. Outside the room, I could see Milo standing and leaning on the wall…I passed him, and he just stared at me while I was walking toward the stairs, to the second floor…My gut told me, he listened to everything from my conversation with Cassius…           

            I went inside my room. Inside my room, while I was walking toward the desk, Adel said a chill thing to me while standing beside the door, "Do you want me to take care of Milo, my lady??" I stopped, and turned around to see her. This was my first time hearing something from her…

            I asked her, "What do you mean by taking care of him, Adel??"

            "You know that I don’t need to explain it to my lady; I can make it clean and secret."

            I said, "I don’t need you to do that…"

            "But he listened to everything; you talked with Cassius…"
            "Just let it…"

            "What will happen, if he reports it to the Queen?"

            "Let him report it……But there is something I want to know from you, Adel…"

            "Is it about my transmutation, my lady??"

            "Yes…I want to know about that…"

            "Forgive me, but I can’t tell you about that…without madam's permission…"

            I walked toward her, and in front of her, I asked, "Why do I need my mother's permission? Are you my maid? You shall answer my question, and you shall obey me…"

            "My lady should know about all of this, even though I am your maid and your servant, his grace and madam are the ones who are above all of this…"

            "So mother is the one who made you have that transmutation??"

            Adel just stood there without a word…Seeing her, not willing to answer my question, I walked away from her, and said,

            "Enough of today; I want to be alone, you may leave the room…"

            When she held the door handler, I told her,

            "Wait, Adel!! About Milo, I want you to leave him alone, and inform me when it’s dinner time, you shall leave…"

            When she left the room, I immediately sat at the desk…At the desk, I checked the book again…There were two names that I needed to know: Lady Clara and Lady Hillaria…I turned pages after pages…I found their name in the book.

            Lady Hillaria was from the Antia family, which focused on the military campaign. The Antia family was one of the fifth royal swords. In the book, Lady Hillaria is described as quiet and deadly; her obsession with treats and tea time made Aurelia feel deceived. In this book, I thought she was part of mine, but her family was one of the fifth royal swords. Her fealty and royalty were just for the royal family, not for me. 

            Lady Clara was from the Aliena family; her family was on a different path than the Antia family. The Antia family focused on influencing the royal family. The family was not part of the fifth royal swords. Yet, the work of this family could be called worse than that of the Antia family. Blackmailing, intimidation, and kidnapping were the focus of this family. Every hook, they spread in the kingdom, waiting for the nobles to grab that hook. When they found the fish of a noble because of their hook, it was time for them to make an influence on them. 

            There was one problem in this book with a reality of mine: the meeting between us, happened in the ballroom of the party, where it would happen in two weeks. Again, the prediction of the book was different from the real world, but the court of them was the same as the book they had assigned to the Arch-Treasury. Yet, I was not assigned to the Arc-Treasury in the book; I was assigned to the chancery...

            How was this different? Did my fate become twisted in a different direction? Because of my awareness. It was like someone or some divine being twisted it. Or everything in the book was completely false..So I didn’t need to follow everything in the book. 

            ………

761 NE-07-14

A new day has begun...

            Adel woke me up like usual. Everything was done as usual, from the morning routine until breakfast. Everyone was there for breakfast. The condition of Cassius was better. I told him to stay at home, but he insisted on coming with me. Milo had already arrived early, like yesterday, and waited in the living room.

            I met him in the living room, and he told me there were some changes from yesterday. Hearing that, I felt he had already reported it to the Queen, so there were some changes.

            He said, "There are some changes from yesterday……… First of all, the captain of the training ground delivered an apology letter to you about what happened yesterday…" He gave me the letter..

            I just passed it to Adel and told her to bring the letter to Cassius…Adel immediately left the living room.

            Milo continued speaking, "Second, about your maid…" Hearing that, I was preparing to ask if Adel would be separated from me, and he continued, "......She…will keep staying with you in the palace…" 

            WHAT!! They didn’t want to separate me from Adel. Instead, they wanted to keep her with me. I asked him, "What do you mean by staying with me in the palace? I heard that servants could only stay in the garden. Is that the case?"

            "No, your maid has been granted access and permission to stay with you in every corner of the palace…"

            What was going on here? Why did they suddenly do that to me?

            He continued, "Third one about your two guards. They granted access to the palace like your maid, so they can stay beside you…………because of this, you are no longer under royal surveillance, so my order to stay with you until dusk will no longer exist…"

            No restriction of Adel, Cassius and Valerie in the palace, and now they dismissed the surveillance of me…Surely there was something behind all of this…We got up from our seats, and left the living room, toward the entrance of the house..We walked out of the house, the carriage was already there. Because Milo was no longer watching me, he went off immediately with his horse. Before he left, he said,

            "Keep staying with your maid, my lady!!", and he left.

            I found it baffling, what he had said to me…In a few seconds, Adel, Cassius, and Valerie came to me. I informed them of everything. The first word from Adel was,

            "My lady, you want me to inform you at home about this?"

            I asked her, "Why do I need to inform my mother and father about this?"
            "Because it is weird, my lady…they surely can’t do all of this without any reason, unless they have something behind all of this."

            "You are just so paranoid about this, Adel…Surely there will be no harm in these changes…It’s not so urgent that we need to ask for help from home… There are you, Cassius, and Valerie in here……Let’s just depart for the palace…"

            We went to the carriage; I went inside, and the others were in front of it.

            …

 

 

Announcement

Hi, if you read this series from the first chapter until this, I am so grateful and thank you. But there will be one thing that may make you think that this series is not in accordance with your expectations.

When I wrote this story, there were three paths I wanted to use: the first was the transmigration path, the second was the reincarnation path, and the third was the special path. The more I wrote, the more I preferred the third path. So

-There will be no transmigration nor reincarnation on the MC, so the MC will stay as an NPC, as you can call it, but this NPC knows a cheat book or her fate book... I think there were some chapters before that indicated something, Dagger on someone thighs.

-I want to focus on the word of fate, that's why there are the goddesses in the story, different from the book, It is like you are destined to die tomorrow; if you try to avoid it, it raises one question: will God let that happen and let you live? You are destined to die, so there should be an effort from God to kill you...

-Ainur Nala existence is the most prominent and important thing in the story, more important than NONA

I think that's all, and the synopsis of the series will be changed in the future...The current synopsis, I wrote it, as the first and the second path..

I hope, you keep reading this series, and enjoy it....

6