System
926 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the best birthday ever! I’m allowed to go outside and I have also gotten 5 new books that May told me I will need in a couple of years. So I’m going to read them all first and then go outside, I will use outside as a type of reward.

She had to run back to her work a while ago. So I’m back to being alone again, but this time I have the books to read. Which one should I start with? Let’s start with the how to be a butler book.

I sit down in the only comfortable chair in the hut and open the book. Right as I open the first page of the book, a loud sound rings through my head. It feels like my skull is going to split open! What is happening?

[Welcome to the Butler System, host]

What? Who is it? What are you doing inside my head? Please stop, my head feels like it’s going to break! Get out!

[Putting the host to sleep to integrate the system painlessly]

I can’t keep my eyes open, what is happening? It is probably the same voice I heard earlier. Shit, I can’t stay awake!

***

“Ugh,” I groan as I get up from the floor. My head is killing me and it feels like I haven’t slept for days. What happened? Oh right, someone was talking to my head. I’m still alive, at least. Let’s try it then.

“Who are you?” I ask out loud and hope to get an answer.

[Host only needs to think about what to say to the system]

Oh, Ok. What should I ask then? I’m just going to ask the normal things. System what are you and what do you want. Am I in danger?

[I am your system and I am here to help you grow and become stronger. Host does not need to worry about me being dangerous to you as I can not hurt my host]

That sounds great, but that’s probably not everything about it, right? There has got to be some reason I have the system and I have never heard May talk about some system. Why are you integrated with me?

[Host does not have access to that information, but I will never do anything against you and am only here to help you]

Let’s hope that is the truth as I can’t really do anything against it either way. What can you do and how will it help me?

[I will issue you missions to earn xp used to level up, and with leveling up you get stronger. I will also give adequate rewards for tasks. You only need to think system in your mind and you will see]

Well, that sounds very good. I will do tasks and missions to get stronger? This will make my life inside the hut so much easier. Open the system.

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 1 (0/100)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 13]

[Agility - 9]

[Constitution - 15]

[Intelligence - 10]

[Mana Control - 0]

[Mana Capacity- 0]

[Attribute points - 0]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 1] (Passive)

[↓Missions↓]

[Read ‘Aetherius Empire history and geography’ - 20xp]

[Read ‘How To Be A Butler’ - 20xp, Skill: Butlers Work Level Up]

[Read ‘Martial Arts For Beginners’ - 20xp, Skill: Martial Arts Level 1]

[Read ‘Magic Theory’ - 20xp, Attribute: Mana control → 5, Attribute: Mana Capacity → 5]

[Read ‘Magic Core Ceremony’ - 20xp, Beginner reward: Legendary Rank Space affinity]

This is so much to take in. But it feels easy to understand, so that’s great. I should probably get the missions done now, but what are attribute points?

[Attribute points can be rewarded on mission success and are always rewarded at a level up, 1 attribute per level and every 5 levels you get 10 attribute points as a milestone]

Anything else I should know about the system that isn’t showing on the interface and I would deem important?

[Yes, when reading the books and getting the reward, you will automatically learn the content of the books, but it is not considered a reward worth showing]

Oh, that’s great. Then I just have to read them once and I will know the content. Let’s start with reading the Butler book then.

A Butler’s responsibilities include greeting and checking in guests, making dining and entertainment arrangements and keeping guest rooms and suites up to standards. Ultimately, they will help to provide the best possible experience for guests and their master during their stay. It can also consist of more specific work that usually stays in the dark, Like taking care of bodies, people and assassination. Most of the time though, it will be mundane tasks like cleaning rooms, setting tables or just standing about waiting for someone to call him. The butler will always work under one noble house and if they leave that, it is frowned upon by everyone and it will be hard to get another job as a butler.

[Ding]

[Mission completed, Reward: 20xp, Skill: Butlers Work level up]

Wow, that’s great. So Now I will be more efficient when I work as a butler. That shouldn’t be too hard. I can ask May to help me with that. It’s weird though, as I can remember everything about the book and I can even recall it all.

I only need to read all the other books to level up to level two. And the other rewards look very good. But the one I’m most interested in is the magic books. Is space magic affinity good? May rarely talks about magic that much.

Anyway, I will just finish these missions so I can level up. After that I might get a new mission, or I can start practicing the things I gain from it. Like the martial arts skill. I really look forward to that one as May said that my father was great at martial arts and that I would probably be it as well.

 

31