Martial Arts
562 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly open my eyes and the first thing I note is that I feel completely refreshed. I think back to last night and I feel shadow pains just from thinking of it. That was the absolute worst pain I have ever felt.

I should probably check the system now. I remember leveling up and gaining some magic things. System show me my status.

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 1 → Level 2 (0/150)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[Affinity - Space] (Locked)

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 13 → 14]

[Agility - 9]

[Constitution - 15 → 16]

[Intelligence - 10]

[Mana Control - 5] (Locked)

[Mana Capacity- 5] (Locked)

[Attribute points - 1]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 2] (Passive)

[Martial Art - Level 1] (Active)

[↓Missions↓]

Ok, that’s good. But why have my constitution and strength gone up 1 point?

[Host can train the normal way and level up stats. So because of what you went through last night, those skilled increased]

I look at the answer, and a smile blossoms on my face as I think of the possibilities. If I practice normally and do the missions, I will get stronger so fast.

Assign the attribute point to agility. It’s the only stat that is very low. And I think that it’s very good to be fast and agile.

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 2 (0/150)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[Affinity - Space] (Locked)

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 14]

[Agility - 9 → 10]

[Constitution - 16]

[Intelligence - 10]

[Mana Control - 5] (Locked)

[Mana Capacity- 5] (Locked)

[Attribute points - 0]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 2] (Passive)

[Martial Art - Level 1] (Active)

[↓Missions↓]

[Practice Martial Arts To Level 2 - 50xp, Reward: 5 Attribute points]

[Start Doing Butler Work - 50xp, Reward: Butler Work Level 3]

Oh, I have two new missions. The rewards look very good for them, so I’m expecting them to not be as easy as the book reading missions.

System what do you mean by start doing butler work? I don’t have a noble estate to do butler duties.

[Cleaning the hut, and making the outside 100 meters look great]

Oh. Yeah, I will probably start with martial arts training then. It’s great that I remember perfectly how to practice it. I make my way outside for the first time and I can’t stop my eyes from trailing all over the place.

The lush green forest all around me is so thick that I can’t see further than a couple of meters. The good part though is that as May said, I can move 100 meters in each direction, and that is exactly when the forest starts.

The place I’m allowed to be on has a few trees here and there, but is mostly grass and stones. So It won’t be too hard to clean that later. But it is the perfect environment for training martial arts.

Just before I can start practicing, I hear someone make their way towards me from the woods. In just a few seconds, May comes forward with a plate in hand.

“Arken, is your first time outside fun? Is it beautiful?” She asks me as she smiles. I answer her without telling her my real thoughts. “Yeah, it’s beautiful, and it feels good to be outside.” But I wonder why I have been locked in all the time.

“Here, take this. I have to go right away again. Have a good time. I will see you in a couple of hours.” She says as she hands me the plate of food before running back into the woods.

I place the food to the side and go back to practicing my martial art. I will eat the food after I’m done. The good thing though, is that I have a small pond about 30 meters away I can use to wash myself.

The way to practice martial arts without mana is to get accustomed to moving your body in certain ways. I need to start with increasing my stamina a ton, otherwise I won’t even be able to train.

I run around the perimeter as many times as I can so I know if I have enough stamina to begin.

After just finishing it, I lay panting on the ground, trying to catch my breath. I was able to run 25 laps without stopping. This means that I have enough stamina to start with the training.

The things I will need to practice to achieve mastery at Martial Arts for beginners are a couple of things. Firstly, I need to perfect my balance. I need to be able to shift my weight perfectly and always be able to keep my balance.

After that I need to work on hardening my bones and muscles. From what I have understood, that will be easy because of my father’s lineage. Lastly, I need to have someone to spar with. So I will get everything done until I’m at that last step. Then I will just start with the other mission.

***

It has been about a month and I have finished all the steps possible for the martial arts. The last step I will have to wait for.

In just this month, I have grown to about 175 cm tall and my muscles are a lot more compact and stronger. I also have a lot easier in doing normal things as I have perfected my balance and how I shift my weight.

On the outside, I have created a small place to work out and be able to practice my martial arts. For that, I asked May for an axe to chop down some trees still within my perimeter. She was skeptical at first but agreed in the end.

I am going to start with the butler mission now. I think it will probably be really easy to be honest. But I’m going to give it my all as I don’t want to somehow fail it.

Something I have noticed is that May doesn’t seem to want me to learn much, or become stronger. She keeps going against my training and refuses to give me any more books.

It feels like she is hiding something from me. I don’t want to be stuck here for the rest of my life. That would be a nightmare. I need to find out what is going on with her.

26