Little Vampire
708 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I am following Lydia through the long, dark but majestic corridors with tons of silver and paintings on the walls, I can’t help but become awestruck at everything inside this mansion.

I see the same people repeatedly on the paintings we pass, all with pitch black hair and blood red eyes. Some of them were majestic, some of them scary, and some of them motherly.

If I can guess, they are the previous duchess and dukes. I have only seen one male duke so far. I guess it’s true that the Empire is mostly female dominated. As I keep thinking and marveling about my surroundings, I get snapped out of it by a slightly irritated head maid.

“Arken! Are you listening!” She grumbles at me as she glares into my eyes. “Yeah, sorry Lydia.” I say with an apologetic smile. She sighs and continues walking before she stops at a wooden door to the right of the corridor.

“This will be where you sleep.” She says as she opens the door and walks in. I follow her and marvel at the room. It looks like a king’s castle against the hut I lived in.

There is a bed with delicate silk and woven materials. A countertop of granite, a silver table with tons of books stacked on top of it. Lastly, a bathroom with a small bath and mirrors. The room is also huge compared to the hut. I would say it’s about 15 meters in every direction.

As Lydia sees me marveling at the room, she smiles at me smugly. “Grand, right?” I look back at her and answer. “Yeah, it’s so much better than where I lived.” She points over to the table. “This can be a workplace if needed. The books on it are the more advanced things required to learn, as I am only going to go over the basics.”

I walk over to the table and look at the books. ‘Serving guests’ ‘Disposing of bodies’ ‘Formal Speech’ ‘Your Master’ I can basically understand what they all will say, either way they will be helpful.

[New Mission Activated]

Yeah, that’s what I thought. This will be so much fun! Lydia, seeing me smile, froze for a second before asking me. “Why do you seem so happy?” Yeah, why do I seem so happy? Is it because I can get away from the hut? Or is it so I can grow stronger? “I don’t really know. I just feel like a new chapter of my life has started.”

She gives a genuine smile before turning around and speaks without looking back. “You will not have any work today. Get used to your room and the estate. But! If you walk somewhere you are not supposed to, you are responsible for the consequences.”

She says the last part kind of as a warning but also some expectant tone. Almost like she wants me to get into trouble, but she doesn’t seem like that kind of person. I probably just thought wrongly.

I walk over to the bed and lay down. A great feeling of just taking it easy for the first time in a while washes over me. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. As my thoughts go away, I slowly drift off to sleep.

I wake up after a few hours and the first thing I do is check my system. System show me my missions.

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 10 (250/550)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[Affinity - Space] (Locked)

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 22]

[Agility - 22]

[Constitution - 23]

[Intelligence - 25]

[Mana Control - 10] (Locked)

[Mana Capacity- 10] (Locked)

[Attribute points - 0]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 3] (Passive)

[Cruel Butler - Level 2] (Passive)

[Martial Art - Level 2] (Active)

[Genius - Level 1] (Passive)

[Insight - Level 1] (Active)

[↓Missions↓]

[Read all books prepared for you, Reward: 200xp, Skill: Butlers Work Level Up]

Seems good enough. Not enough to level up, but it’s xp either way. But The good thing is the skill level up. That will help a lot now.

Let’s get to that right away. I have already slept for some time so I feel refreshed. I make my way over to the table and pull out the chair. Just as I sit down, I marvel at how comfortable the chair is.

After about an hour of reading all the books, I just finished the mission and I remember everything that I read. It was a lot more than I was expecting, but fine either way.

Lydia said to get used to the estate. So I will take a walk around. I just won’t open any doors that are closed. I really don’t want to lose my job, or worse, my life.

I make my way out to the corridor and I remember the way me and Lydia took so I walk that way back. On the way, I continued to stare at the paintings and different antiques placed next to the walls.

After a few minutes, I arrived outside again and looked at the people caring for everything. I went up to the closest gardener. An old man with what looks like Cat ears on his head.

As he saw me approaching, he stopped what he was doing and stood up. He smiled warmly at me as I arrived next to him. I extended my hand for him to shake, and he did just that. It was a very firm handshake from an old man.

“You’re the new one, huh. Names Thomas. I take care of the garden on this side of the estate.” I smiled back at him and introduced myself. “Nice to meet you. My name is Arken. I have a quick question.”

He nodded at me before going back to cutting the bushes. I think he told me to ask. “The head maid told me to get used to the estate. Can you tell me where I should not go?” I asked as I watched in awe how precise and quick the old man was with the hedge cutter.

“Of course, she does that to the new workers all the time. Hahaha. There is no need to be scared. There is nowhere that you can’t go. Just make sure that you do your job. And the duchess would never kill a worker, so you are fine.”

Oh, that’s great to know. But should I really trust him? I feel like a duchess would be strict with the people working under her. I will remember his words but still be careful. “Thank you. I will make my way around the estate then.”

Before I could go off, he spoke again. “Right. How old are you, boy?” I turned around and answered the simple question. “Eh, I am about nine years old.” He nodded at me before warning me. “Be careful of the small vampire. Try to not get noticed by her.”

This doesn’t sound so good. I need to make sure what he means. “What do you mean?” He looked at me with a strained smile. “She won’t kill you or anything, but it’s just better to stay out of her way.”

What does he mean? “What do you mean sir, why?” I asked him, but he just turned back to trimming the hedges and whistling a tune. Clearly not going to answer me any more.

Anyway, time to get used to the estate. I have to know everything either way to do a good job. And It can’t be that bad, I have a pretty good memory.

21