Thomas
611 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I need to think logically here, I can’t lose my mind because of this. It doesn’t really mean that much to me, but I would rather keep it as it was from my mother.

Why would she take the ring? Her smile was not an evil smile, nor was it arrogant. I have never seen that type of smile before. The only thing I know is that it’s not malicious.

I help the maids clean the dining room, then pace back to my own room. I sit down at the table and think. Nothing from the books will help me right now.

How should I handle this situation? First, the fact that she stole my ring, but also why she took an interest in me. Oh. I just remembered something.

The old gardener. He seemed to know something, and he also warned me about her. I need to find him. Just as I make my way towards the door, something makes me jump to the side.

My senses are screaming at me again. Something is wrong. The more I focus on the door, it feels like something is very wrong about it. But I really can’t see anything off about it.

I scan the room quickly to see if anything is wrong or there is something I can use. There, a window. I sprint over to the window and open it as fast as possible before I leap out. Luckily enough, the servant quarters are on the first floor.

I make my way over towards the garden where I met the old man last time. Yes, he is still there. I think as I see his head sticking over the bushes.

He sees me walking over to him as he puts down his trimmer and stares at me. "Are you not still on duty?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. Well, technically, I am still on duty, but something is wrong with my room.

"I am, but I need to ask you an urgent question." I state as I see him slightly smirk. This bastard knows what it is about. "This is about the little vampire, isn’t it?" He fully smirks at me.

"Yes, it is. She keeps staring at me, and she stole my ring." He looks at me as if to measure if I’m serious before he bursts out laughing. The other servants close by look over at him with concern before going back to their work.

After he collects himself from his outburst, he smiles at me, his eyes holding a specific warmth that I can’t explain. I have never seen that before, the look on his face, the calm smile, and the warm look in his eyes.

It feels very comfortable. But I need to get back to my issue. "Can you help me?" I ask, hoping that he will be able to do something. "As I said, she will not hurt you. She might annoy you, but please don’t hold it against her. She is a lovely girl with too much pressure on her." He says before snapping his finger and a calming blue aura surrounds him.

Before I can even have enough time to figure out what he is doing. He disappears from his spot instantly. As if he was never there before.

That was magic, right? Why would a gardener be able to use magic like that? And why did she talk about the heir like that? The weird thing was that when I used insight on him, it was pure happiness radiating from him.

I don’t see anything wrong with listening to him. And it looks like the other servants didn’t react when he disappeared. Either it is normal, or they know something I don’t.

I make my way back over to the estate whilst thinking of my conversation with Thomas. Right now I am trying to find the head maid. She can probably help me.

The maids in the corridors are very helpful, as they all answer me when I ask them where she can be. After a few minutes, I found her in the kitchen talking to the cooks.

I stand in the door, waiting for her to finish what she is doing. She then looks, sees me waiting for her, and she finishes the conversation with the cook.

"Are you done with your work for the day?" She asks as she stares sternly at me. "Yeah, I finished everything. I have a question." She nods at me and I continue. "I met Lady Elora, and she took my ring. I also talked to a gardener called Thomas, who disappeared with magic today."

She froze for a second before smiling at me again. I have to say her smile is incredibly beautiful. She then shakes her head and answers. "Don’t mind the man named Thomas. If possible, forget that he exists. For your other problem. That is unfortunately above my paygrade."

What does she mean above her paygrade? So she can help me, but decides to not. "Why?" I ask. "Because I have no right to go against the young lady’s wishes. Try to fix it your own way." She says before telling me to go back and sleep.

I sigh before listening to her and going back to my room. When there, I decide to ask the system something. Is it possible for you to give me my rewards at the end of the day instead?

[System will now give you your rewards at the end of the days]

Feels great. Show me my stats

[Butler System]

[Arken - Level 13 (50/700)

[Race - Half Arch Demon/Half High Elf]

[Affinity - Space] (Locked)

[↓Stats↓]

[Strength - 22]

[Agility - 22]

[Constitution - 23]

[Intelligence - 25]

[Mana Control - 10] (Locked)

[Mana Capacity- 10] (Locked)

[Attribute points - 3]

[↓Skills↓]

[Butlers Work - Level 4] (Passive)

[Cruel Butler - Level 2] (Passive)

[Martial Art - Level 2] (Active)

[Genius - Level 1] (Passive)

[↓Missions↓]

 

15