Chapter 119: New Fur New Me
225 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"King?" Ventus gazed at Thorian, his expression veiled with disbelief, as the rest of the team materialized in a flash beside him, one after another.

Harald, leaping with effortless grace to stand beside Thorian, approached him with an inquisitive arch to his brow. “So, you've evolved, Thorian?”

“Indeed, I have,” Thorian affirmed, his smile wide as he reached up to pat Harald's snout. The Storm Direwolf loomed so imposingly that Thorian had to stretch to make contact with his partner's formidable muzzle.

“What's with this ludicrous appearance?” Harald queried, his huff laden with playful reproach before he nuzzled Thorian's neck with affectionate, tickling licks.

“It’s rather over-the-top, isn’t it?” Thorian chuckled, enjoying Harald's endearing attention. He then turned to the assembled team with a playful smile. “So, what’s your verdict on your king’s new look?”

“As ridiculous as everything else you do, my lord,” Forlune retorted, punctuating his response with hearty laughter.

“It befits you perfectly, my king,” Vigil interjected, his tone laden with respect. “Your transformation must have been remarkable to yield such a change.” He glanced at the aftermath of Thorian’s testing, acknowledging the undeniable might unleashed. “And its powers are nothing short of impressive.”

Meanwhile, Aqua remained contemplative. “My king, I witnessed your display of elemental prowess from a distance. Were those your newly awakened abilities? Their power is truly great.”

Thorian shook his head. “Those weren't separate elemental abilities; they’re facets of one single skill. I still possess a couple more in my arsenal.”

"What a wondrous evolution," Zogarth stepped forward, bowing deeply. "My lord, the anticipation of witnessing the heights you'll reach fills me with great reverence. It’s a true honor to bear witness to the rebirth of Mazahithar."

Thorian arched an eyebrow at the mention of the old but familiar name, then gently patted the general’s shoulder. “Come on now, Zogarth. You know I don’t like too much flattery. It’s just an evolution, not much different from the rest.”

Turning to address the rest of the team, he remarked, “I see you’ve already defeated the guardian. I presume you have already divided the rewards.”

“No, we haven’t,” Forlune replied, shaking his head. “As our king, it would be highly disrespectful for us to distribute the spoils in your absence.”

Thorian’s smile widened at their loyalty. “Well then, I shall not make you wait any longer. Let's reap the fruits of our labor.”

With a sense of purpose, the group hurried to where the Lightning King had fallen. In its place stood a colossal treasure chest. With eager anticipation, Thorian lifted the lid, and a dazzling prismatic light spilled forth.

Today just keeps getting better, Thorian mused internally. I suppose the saying is true – good things do come in pairs.

Stormcaller Rod
Rarity Purple Cloud
Class Requirement Magus
Advancement Requirement First Advancement
Level Requirement 20
Description Crafted from ancient Tempest Oak, the Stormcaller Rod is imbued with the essence of lightning, making it highly resistant to electric discharges. At its apex rests a crackling blue gem that amplifies the wielder's control over lightning magic.
Stat Bonuses Mana +25, Agility +10
Abilities Increases the potency of lightning-based spells by 20%.
Special Abilities Chain Lightning Surge: Once daily, the rod channels the wielder's energy, enabling the casting of a Chain Lightning spell. This spell connects multiple enemies within a 15-meter radius, dealing moderate lightning damage to the initial target and branching off to nearby foes, hitting up to 10 additional targets with reduced but significant damage. This electrifying surge prioritizes the closest enemies, potentially striking multiple foes in a chain reaction.

Observing the staff pulsating with azure runes, Thorian smiled before turning to Ventus and tossing the staff toward him. “This one’s yours.”

As Ventus caught the weapon and inspected it, his eyes widened in astonishment. “Are you certain, King? This is incredible!”

“I already have my own,” Thorian replied with a smile, twirling his emberstrike cane deftly.

“Congratulations on your new weapon,” Vigil congratulated Ventus warmly. “It seems to be immensely powerful.”

“You bet your nose it is!” Ventus exclaimed enthusiastically. “This is going to double my strength, at least!”

Chuckling at Ventus's excitement, Thorian shifted his attention back to the treasure chest. Within it lay another item that seemed as formidable as the staff he had handed to Ventus: a ring.

Thunderstrike Band
Rarity Purple Cloud
Class Requirement Magus
Advancement Requirement First Advancement
Level Requirement 20
Description The Thunderstrike Band is a shimmering ring forged from charged Stormsilver, radiating a faint crackling aura. Encircling the central setting is a pulsating azure gem that harnesses the power of lightning, empowering the wearer's affinity for electric magic.
Stat Bonuses Mana +30
Abilities Increases the potency of lightning-based spells by 15%.
Special Ability Surge Amplification: Once a day, the ring channels the wearer's energy, enhancing the next lightning-based spell cast within 5 minutes. This spell surges with amplified power, dealing increased lightning damage to a single target or spreading its electrifying force to adjacent enemies in a 3-meter radius, inflicting moderate damage.

Lightning-based spells, huh? Interesting. I should acquire a strong one soon, Thorian mused inwardly before pivoting and displaying the ring. “This one's mine.”

Receiving affirming nods from the team, Thorian slipped the ring onto his index finger. He continued sifting through the remaining items until he uncovered a pair of shoes.

Tempest Striders
Rarity Yellow Storm
Class Requirement Warrior or Assassin
Advancement Requirement First Advancement
Level Requirement 10
Description The Tempest Striders are sleek footwear crafted from supple Stormweave fabric, adorned with subtle golden lightning motifs along the edges. These shoes are designed for agility and speed, providing the wearer with increased mobility and comfort while traversing various terrains.
Stat Bonuses Agility +20, Strength +5
Abilities Enhances the wearer's movement speed by 10%.

Looking at the description, Thorian turned around to Forlune and Zogarth. “This pair of shoes suit the both of you. Decide between yourselves who it suits more and who is more worthy of it.”

Thorian extended the item to Zogarth, who examined it closely before passing it to Forlune. “I believe these fit your style more, given your emphasis on speed.”

Forlune accepted the shoes, scrutinizing them with a smile. “Thank you, Zogarth. I owe you one,” he acknowledged with a slight bow.

With that matter settled, Thorian swiftly sorted through the remaining equipment. Blades and spears were distributed among the team's warriors, and Thorian presented a priest robe to Vigil. Finally, he perused the skill parchments and recipes.

Lightning Dash Skill Scroll
Class Requirement Warrior or Assassin
Advancement Requirement First Advancement
Level Requirement 1
Use Unlocks the active skill "Lightning Dash." This skill enables the user to channel lightning energy, swiftly propelling themselves forward in a lightning-infused dash. Upon activation, the user moves at an accelerated speed for a short distance, leaving behind streaks of crackling lightning energy. This rapid movement allows for quick repositioning or evasive maneuvers in combat, granting a temporary burst of agility and speed.

Observing the skill scroll, Thorian pivoted and scanned his team until his gaze settled on a particular member. “Zarjin, this skill is tailored for you.”

Thorian handed the skill scroll to the goblin champion, who, upon inspecting it, promptly bowed. “Thank you, my lord, for your thoughtfulness.”

“You've earned it,” Thorian affirmed with a nod.

Returning his attention to the nearly depleted treasure chest, Thorian noticed only one recipe remaining alongside a collection of small, blue pebble-sized stones. Extracting the recipe, he examined it closely.

Stormstrike Grenade Recipe
Skill Requirements Alchemy II
Material Two Pulse Poppies, One Sparkstone Shard
Description This concoction creates the Stormstrike Grenade, a throwable alchemical item infused with the volatile essence of lightning. When activated and thrown, the grenade explodes upon impact, releasing a surge of crackling electrical energy in a 5-meter radius. The burst disorients and temporarily stuns enemies caught within its range, leaving them vulnerable to subsequent attacks.

That reminds me. Hamur has advanced in his alchemy skills. He can commence crafting the elixir after some practice. I should entrust him with the recipes and some pulse poppies for experimentation, Thorian thought, mentally planning the next steps.

Inspecting the small, blue pebble-sized stones scattered across the treasure chest, Thorian quickly recognized them. Upon examining one closely, the name became clear: Sparkstone Shard.

Gathering all the shards into his pocket, Thorian turned to address the team. “Well then, our tasks here are complete, gentlemen. It's been a long day. Let’s return and rest.”

The ten-member party, accompanied by the direwolves, made their way out of the dungeon through the portal, heading back toward the village. Despite the journey, Thorian's mind continued to whirl with thoughts.

I wonder what's unfolding in Locksley. Not having direct contact is unsettling, he pondered, exhaling deeply. No use dwelling on it now. Alacritas will provide his report tomorrow, and then I can assess the situation.

21