Prologue
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly get out of the car, feeling a mixture of emotions. 

 

I can't help it, this was all new to me. I mean, moving into a new home and city isn't an event I had ever experienced in my 17 years of life. 

 

I grew up in the same house, the same street, and the same city. Went to the schools for the corresponding years, without any transfer during the years. Well until now at least. 

 

Somerson was an average sized city. It was pretty average in what it had as well. A downtown district where a few buildings held businesses or work areas. Hotels, shops, restaurants, and parks. 

 

Yeah, it was a pretty normal city. A normal city for the normal people living there, including ourselves. 

 

We are a family of three: my mom, dad, and me. My parents are both the same age, and work for the same company. They have been together ever since they started dating back in college.

 

They were known as sweethearts throughout campus, and to be honest... I can see how they were called that. Even today, they aren't so shy to express themselves and still act affectionate towards one another. Truly a perfect couple.

 

As for myself, I have only been in a relationship once, back in middle school until my second year in high school. We broke up shortly after the beginning of the first semester, as she decided she didn't want to be together anymore. 

 

I never got a clear reason, all I could get were the words "trust me, it's safer this way." I still don't quite understand what she meant, but seeing how she said those words and her expression was what drove me to agree and break up.

 

I try my best not to think about it all that much, and ever since then I haven't seen her, as she stopped going to school. I tried to contact her to make sure she was ok, but never received a response back. At first I was worried, but later eased myself out with the idea that she didn't want to talk to her ex and might have some connection with her reason.

 

I just hope she is doing ok, that's all I can think about for her. Anyways, this is all in the past, and right now, I would prefer to think about the future and present. Like right now... especially right now.

 

I turned my head to the building I would now call my home. It gave the appearance of a simple suburban home. Dark wood roofing along with a main color of some shade of blue I don't know the name of. 

 

My first impression: I like it. It looked very... homey? I don't know if that is a word but if it is, I would describe it like that. 

 

I closed the door to the car and made my way to the two people admiring the home from the sidewalk in front. 

 

"Isn't it beautiful honey! I fell in love with it the first time I laid my eyes on it, similar to how I fell in love with you!" The middle aged man said hugging the middle aged woman.

 

"It really is, I love it!" Said the middle aged woman who responded back with an even tighter embrace.

 

"It's a nice looking house. I could see why you two love it." I say in the most sincere way I can. 

 

They both faced me, separating themselves and filled their faces with a bright smile. 

 

"You hear that, he too also loves it! Haha! This is perfect and exactly what I had hoped for." Saying this, my dad's eyes started to produce tiny water droplets going slowly though his cheeks . Honestly... he gets emotional like this way too often and way too easily. 

 

I was now along with them in admiring the new home of ours. As I continued this I began to think about what lies ahead of me into the future, well for the three of us. 

 

As I looked upon the house, the ever so loving couple, and surrounding neighborhood, I could only think about hoping for just good things to be upon us.

0