Chapter 86: Won the Battle but the War Still Continues…
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the insane amount of power within that Light Grenade, no harm came to the Namekian children or Jiba’s forces. It only affected Lord Slug and Jiba. Piccolo walked over to their charred, falling bodies. The drones flew over to Vice Commander Jiba’s injured body, intending to help him, but Piccolo didn’t allow it. Stretching his arms, he pierced through the drones with his claws, causing them to explode.

Not intending to repeat the same mistake he made before, Piccolo guaranteed that Jiba was reduced to ash with a ki blast that swallowed him whole. “Mind helping me out a bit…?” Lord Slug coughed blood when asking this. “I owe you one.” Piccolo nodded as he turned his attention to the remaining soldiers. With his remaining power, Piccolo began tossing out several dozen ki spheres.

Jiba’s forces were initially frightened, seeing so many attacks coming from the man strong enough to kill their boss, but then they realized none of them were landing. That’s when their fear shifted into relief and confidence.

“The boss weakened him enough that he can’t even aim!”

“Attack him together! With aim that shitty, even one of us can kill him!”

“I’m gonna spend more time killing the kids. Haven’t you idiots ever heard that injured prey is the most dangerous?”

“Coward. Stick to the little slugs. I’ll get a promotion by killing the big slug.”

“You’re out of your mind if you think you’re getting the promotion. I’m killing that Namekian!” A soldier charged forward.

“You fools are already dead.” Piccolo’s bubbling rage had finally chilled. “Super Hellzone Grenade!” The lives of his children were finally avenged.

Hundreds of ki orbs homed in on the remaining enemy forces. It did not matter if they tried to flee, fight, hide, or defend. The Hellzone Grenades found and vaporized every single one of Turles’s forces. Screams of the damned and wicked shrieked across the battlefield. Yet, Piccolo felt no happiness. He still wasn’t strong enough for his true revenge.

Multiple surviving children of the Piccolo Clan cheered at their victory. They swarmed Piccolo’s exhausted body. He told them to heal Slug before he kicked the bucket. And they were to return to the Lookout. It took some time before Piccolo and Lord Slug recovered to full health.

Once fully healed, Lord Slug and the Piccolo Clan stood before Earth’s revived mighty dragon, Shenron! Their first wish was to revive all of the innocent people killed by Turles’s men. Lord Slug was given the second wish in which he used for eternal youth. Piccolo finished them off with a final wish to help himself and his clan stand a better chance against Turles’s forces.


The ramifications of these wishes became apparent quite quickly, especially with the first wish. This strengthened Shenron, who did not show any discrimination with that wish in the slightest. He also revived people who were killed in places other than Earth, a fact that the PTO learned about very quickly.

Commander Appule learned about the extermination of his men the day after they perished to Piccolo. Simply because they didn’t report their success, even if they failed and chose not to report it in before attempting to escape for their lives, they wouldn’t leave behind the scouters. At this moment, Earth had several scouters sharing their location, but very few were being utilized. Appule learned through the soldiers that it was the Earthlings that picked them up and were studying them.

After watching the video recorded by the scouters, Appule learned that there was a clan of Namekians on Earth strong enough to be a real thorn in the Planet Trade Organization’s side. Now he knew there was a reason why Lord Turles dealt with the Namekians on New Namek but not the specifics. Was it for this reason that he did so? They had the potential to become a threat to the PTO?

Appule sighed. Even after watching the numerous recordings from the scouter, he still didn’t understand what secret weapon or technique that Namekian used to deal with Mepple. He was weak enough to nearly perish to a Vice Commander but was capable of handling Mepple? He was missing vital information and absolutely refused to attack himself until he figured it out. At least he knew Mepple wasn’t dead. He sent his men to search Hell for her, and she wasn’t there.

If Lord Turles hadn’t said that Earth was off-limits, he would’ve just blown up the planet and been done with it already. Now he had a growing migraine, thinking of ways to deal with this problem that could grow into a very big problem. For now, he should isolate Earth. According to the reports given by the soldiers who were working under Mepple, Earthlings had no space-traveling capabilities. They couldn’t breathe in space, and they did not have the technology to leave the planet.

As Appule sent down orders for soldiers to quarantine the Earth from space, he attempted to get in contact with Lord Turles. As much as he didn’t want to, he had to report this type of information personally. Lord Turles had a personal interest in planet Earth for some reason. He wouldn’t disappoint him by hiding information from him, even if he might get in trouble for failing to deal with it.


Turles, being indisposed at the moment, couldn’t answer when Appule called him on his scouter. He was dining on a Fruit of Might made from a star! Taking a moment to think about the incredible power of a star, Earth’s sun, which is considered a relatively young star, pumps out enough energy in one second to boil all the oceans on Earth 100 million times over. An amazingly vast amount of energy filled a star. Now, try to imagine a person eating a star.

It would be impossible for most beings in the universe to fathom devouring a star. Even those more intelligent than most would simply state that no being is capable of such a thing. And if they were, they would simply implode, correct? A direct influx of stellar energy would overload and fry any biological system known to exist. In short, the idea of eating a star is not just impractical. It's fundamentally incompatible with the laws of physics and biology, as everyone understands them.

Thanks to the divine fruit borne from the monumental energy of a star, this impossible feat became achievable! Turles floated in the air as he meditated and properly adapted all of this immense, unbelievable energy inside his body. He wasn’t aware of when it happened, but he transformed into Super Saiyan 4 unconsciously. His darkish red fur, bordering on the color violet or dark purple, flickered at irregular intervals. Streaks of white appeared in Turles’s hair and fur as he absorbed the energy. 

Turles stayed in this state for quite some time. An outcome he didn’t expect when devouring the fruit. When he first devoured a Fruit of Might, the power boost was instant. It didn’t take much time at all to get used to his new strength. But this, if he lost control for even a moment, Turles knew that his body would be torn apart from the inside out.

Yet, he couldn’t miss out on this power. Perhaps it would take weeks, months, or even years before he could fully make this power his. But he would do so. He had six or seven years before he needed to handle the next big threat if everything went accordingly. However, even if things didn’t go to plan, he wasn’t the only thing keeping his empire from collapsing. 

Turles simply needed to focus and try to consolidate this power. After this, he could move up several plans. Conquering the entirety of Universe 7 would happen in less than a decade when he was done with this. He was both excited and slightly disappointed things had been so easy. Perhaps he shouldn’t have killed the Z-Fighters so early…

Yet Turles did not regret his decision, even if life was slightly more boring. When he arrived here, he made the decision that the bad guys would win this time around, and Turles would not leave this goal incomplete unless they eradicated him, mind, body, and soul. Because of that goal, he was more partial to sparing Frieza and Cooler. They would become his rivals in place of the Z-Fighters. They would take their places as the strongest in the multiverse. Of course, alongside Turles, who would unequivocally take that position. They would just be alongside him to motivate him to hold that position.

Then there was also Cell, who had yet to hatch. Broly, Majin Buu, Janemba. Turles still had plenty more friends he hadn’t met yet! Why the hell was he getting so down about the deaths of the Z-Fighters when he had so many more friends to meet and play with? It didn’t make any sense!

With a faint grin on his face, Turles steadily grew in power as he made the Fruit of Might grown with the energy of a sun his. He had much to look forward to once he was finished.


Disclaimer: This is a work of fanfiction based on the Dragon Ball Z series, which is the property of Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation. I do not claim any ownership of the original characters, settings, or storylines. This work is not intended for commercial use and is solely for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and I am not affiliated with the creators or publishers of Dragon Ball Z in any way.

Shout-out to special Patreon members: Tuan Nguyen

3