Chapter 88: Saving the Empire.
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the blood-red sun dipped below the horizon, shadows stretched across the conquered alien city. Towering structures, reminiscent of razor-sharp obsidian, pierced the dimming sky, their metallic sheen muted by the smoke wafting from smoldering PTO flags. The air vibrated with a charged mix of triumph and unease, enveloping the weary rebels amidst the debris-strewn landscape. A diverse array of species, brought together by a common victory, mingled amid the wreckage.

Zyla surveyed the scene, her three gleaming eyes reflecting a blend of satisfaction and wariness. Her voice, hoarse from issuing orders, cut through the lingering echoes of battle: "We did it. We won against the PTO..." Approaching her, Jax, his blue skin drained of color in the fading light, questioned, "But at what cost, Zyla?" His gesture encompassed the numerous corpses and smoldering wreckage. "So many lives..."

Korr, wiping blood from his brow, grunted, "The Organization wouldn't hesitate to do the same, kid. This ain't a fairy tale. If we didn’t win here, no one would even know we died today." Passing by, Anya checked Jax's bloody arm, her brow furrowed. "Korr's right," she said, her voice firm but gentle. "But that doesn't mean we should forget the cost of this victory. We fight for a better future for all of us. To live as we please without violent oppressors."

Zyla nodded, her gaze determined. "Anya's right. We celebrate tonight and mourn tomorrow. But sunrise brings a new fight. This planet is just the first victory. We aren’t anywhere near done yet." As Zyla spoke, the atmosphere shifted. The group sprang into action, not for mourning but for revelry. Around them, rebels gathered their expressions, a mix of triumph and joy. Some raised makeshift torches, their flames illuminating the defiant faces of the fallen regime. Others exchanged not weary smiles but those of camaraderie, sharing stories of fallen comrades with a blend of grief and gratitude.

Perched on a pile of rubble, a young furry alien, his fur singed by blaster fire, fashioned a makeshift drum from discarded metal. He began to beat a rhythm, not slow and mournful, but vibrant and pulsating. Gradually, others joined in, clapping and stomping to the lively beat, their voices rising in a harmonious celebration of victory and remembrance. Observing the scene unfold, a flicker of hope fought through the weariness in Zyla's eyes. This victory, she knew, was just the beginning. But for now, they would not mourn; they would celebrate. They had earned it.

The rebel camp buzzed with a mix of triumph and joy, nestled amidst the untamed beauty of the liberated alien planet. The sprawling landscape stretched out before them, vibrant hues of alien flora and swirling skies contrasting with the remnants of the empire's presence. Rebel fighters, clad in mismatched armor and carrying liberated weaponry, gathered in small clusters, their faces etched with a mix of exhaustion and satisfaction. Some sat atop boulders, not in weariness but with a newfound sense of freedom, scanning the horizon. Others huddled around a crackling fire, not nursing wounds but sharing tales of the battle with laughter and animated gestures. The air echoed with the lively beat of the makeshift drum, a testament to the celebration that echoed through the liberated city.

In this moment, amidst the alien wonders of the liberated planet, the rebels forged bonds not in sorrow but in jubilation. Not overshadowed by grief, their triumph radiated through the camp, fueling the collective spirit that would carry them through the battles yet to come.

Rhine, one of the rebel leaders, stood on a raised platform, addressing the rebels with a voice filled with reverence and determination. "Today, everyone," she began, her gaze sweeping over the crowd, "we have struck a blow against the Planet Trade Organization. This planet, once held under their oppressive grip, is now a symbol of our defiance." The rebels erupted into cheers, their voices blending with the rustling of alien leaves and the distant calls of indigenous creatures. 

Rhine's eyes gleamed with pride as she continued, her voice carrying the weight of their collective victory. "But let us not forget the sacrifices made. Our fallen comrades, their spirits now intertwined with this planet, have paved the way for our liberation." As the cheers subsided, a young rebel named Kai stepped forward, his face smudged with dirt and sweat. "We did it!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with awe and disbelief. "We took back our planet, our home, from those tyrants!" The crowd erupted into applause, their voices echoing through the alien landscape. The rebels shared knowing glances, their eyes reflecting a mixture of relief, determination, and hope. They had defied the odds, toppling the empire's hold on their world, and now they stood united, ready to defend their newfound freedom.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the liberated planet, the rebels dispersed, each finding solace in their own way. Some sought medical attention, tending to their wounds with newfound optimism. Others sat in quiet reflection, their minds filled with memories of loved ones lost and dreams of a brighter future. Most began to play around with the new tech stolen from the corpses of the Defense Force. Learning how to wield the weapons utilized against them.

The rebel camp crackled with the joyous roars of celebration, punctuated by the booming thunder of distant explosions and the sharp crackle of celebratory gunfire. The electrifying energy of victory surged through their bones. They knew that the PTO would not rest until it crushed them, but at this moment, they relished their victory. They had fought against tyranny and emerged victorious, and their spirits burned with a resolute determination to defend their planet and all who called it home.

As the jubilant atmosphere echoed through the rebel camp, the sudden appearance of the dark silhouette in the distant sky cast a somber shadow over the celebration. The makeshift torches flickered uncertainly as hushed murmurs spread among the rebels. Eyes turned towards the approaching vessel, a solitary figure against the backdrop of the fading twilight.

Her gaze sharpened by wariness and determination, Zyla raised her hand, signaling for silence. The rhythmic beat of the makeshift drum ceased, replaced by an uneasy quiet. The once-vibrant celebration ground to a hesitant pause as the rebels collectively sensed the gravity of the situation. The lone spaceship, distinguished by its ominous design and the telltale markings of the Planet Trade Organization, descended gracefully toward the liberated city. Its sleek, predatory lines revealed its nature–a vessel reserved for the elite.

Jax, his expression turning serious, muttered to Korr and Anya, "That's no ordinary ship. It's one of theirs, an elite-ranked warrior. Someone big is coming."

Anya nodded, her eyes narrowing with concern. "The PTO doesn't send ships like that for just any skirmish. But for total planetary takeovers." As the ship crashed in the far distance, the rebels watched in tense anticipation. The air, once filled with the sounds of victory, now hung heavy with uncertainty. The distant hum of the spaceship's engines served as a dissonant backdrop to the fading echoes of celebration. Zyla stepped forward, her voice carrying a mix of authority and resolve. "Prepare yourselves. We might be facing a power beyond our expectations. Prepare for war, and let's not let our hard-won victory slip away."

The rebels, their expressions now tinged with a newfound seriousness, began to disperse, preparing for the imminent arrival of the high-ranking PTO soldier. A collective focus replaced the celebratory mood. They grabbed their new weapons, reorganized their defenses, and awaited the challenging encounter that loomed on the horizon. The liberated city, once echoing with cheers, now stood in tense anticipation. The rebels, unified by their recent triumph, braced themselves for the approaching threat. 


In the silent expanse of space, an Attack Ball streaked through the cosmic area, a solitary comet. The metallic sphere hurtled towards a distant planet with unyielding speed. As it descended through the atmosphere, the fiery glow intensified, casting a luminous spectacle against the backdrop of the celestial abyss. With a silent but thunderous roar, the Attack Ball breached the planet's atmosphere, a fiery tail marking its swift descent. The air crackled with energy as the vessel descended, its outer shell glowing with the searing intensity of reentry.

As the seconds ticked away, the Attack Ball's descent became more pronounced, a controlled descent evolving into a purposeful crash landing. The planet's surface rushed to meet the vessel, and with a resounding impact, the metallic sphere collided with the ground. Dust billowed into the air, the aftermath of the controlled crash, as the Attack Ball settled on the alien terrain. The once-streaking comet had transformed into an inert sentinel. 

The pod's hatch opened with a mechanical hiss, and its pilot extended their hand, emerging from the spaceship. As they exited the Attack Ball, their tail swished from left to right. The pilot did not smile as they were greeted with the PTO’s own weapons pointed directly at them. 

“I’d advise you to put the weapons down,” Royal Prince Basil has successfully landed on the rebel planet. “Let’s discuss this like sensible beings before one of us does something they might regret.” He advised politely.


Disclaimer: This is a work of fanfiction based on the Dragon Ball Z series, which is the property of Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation. I do not claim any ownership of the original characters, settings, or storylines. This work is not intended for commercial use and is solely for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and I am not affiliated with the creators or publishers of Dragon Ball Z in any way.

Shout-out to special Patreon members: Tuan Nguyen

4