Chapter 90: Frieza.
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flying through the vast expanse of space, Frieza found himself adrift, both physically, emotionally, and mentally. Thoughts swirled in his mind like the debris surrounding him, fragments of his shattered pride and ambitions. There was no part of him that wasn’t in agonizing pain, but the most painful feeling wasn’t the physical damage he’d suffered so far. It was his pride. 

He used to be the Emperor of the Universe—the sole and only emperor. Although there was his brother and father, his father wasn’t an obstacle. Cooler, he would’ve dealt with him, eventually. Frieza was always stronger than his older brother. He doubted that would have ever changed. 

Yet, somehow, someway, a lowly monkey had managed to usurp his position as the ruler of the universe. Those same monkeys Frieza had ruled over for thirty years. The monkeys who couldn’t even surpass his personal aides in power, no matter how many times they nearly died on missions. Why?!

As Frieza hurtles through the vast emptiness of space, his body becomes a silent projectile, slicing through the void with a speed unmatched by any other force in the universe. With each passing moment, the stars blur into streaks of light, a dizzying display of cosmic motion. As Frieza's form pierces the planet's atmosphere, the air ignites around him, engulfing him in a fiery halo of reentry. Flames dance and flicker against his skin, casting eerie shadows across his contorted features. With a thunderous roar, Frieza crashes into the planet's surface, sending shockwaves rippling through the very core of the planet. The ground quakes and trembles beneath the force of his impact, fracturing and splintering into a thousand jagged shards.

Chunks of rock and debris are hurled into the air, caught in the crash of Frieza's descent. The landscape is torn asunder. The sky ignites with a fiery inferno as Frieza tears through the very fabric of the planet, leaving a gaping wound in its core. Molten rock and debris erupt from the planet's shattered surface, trailing in Frieza's wake like a fiery comet. The once tranquil world is now a roiling mass of destruction, consumed by the cataclysmic force of his passage. With a deafening roar, the planet succumbs to the unexpected entry, erupting in a cataclysmic explosion that sends shockwaves rippling through the void. Flames and debris scattered in all directions as Frieza continued his journey through space.

What made that insufferable simian different from the thousands of other Saiyans?! Sure, there was that other stupid monkey that looked just like Turles who nearly killed him, but Turles was a Saiyan under his employ! From a young age! He’s had him watched ever since he showed he was a little bit more competent than the other soldiers, but this much growth… Frieza couldn’t wrap his head around it.

Even if it was true that Saiyans got stronger the closer they were brought to death by someone stronger, that doesn’t explain why Turles and only Turles was able to get so strong. He was nothing more than a low-class soldier, but somehow, he surpassed the likes of Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta! Sure, Zarbon trained him for a while, but Zarbon’s power is nothing compared to Frieza’s. The training he received under Zarbon couldn’t have been it.

Frieza’s frustration grew. He realized he was missing a key piece of information. Smarter than the average Saiyan… Smarter than the average Saiyan… Sure, some of the more stupid monkeys thought they were clever by speaking about rebelling or leaving the Frieza Force while wearing their scouters but a smart monkey? Can he say there ever was one? What is a smart Saiyan?! And why is that seemingly the vital difference between Turles and the thousands of others who came before him?

Crashing through planets and asteroids, each impact jarring his consciousness, Frieza's mind remained fixed on one singular obsession: the desire to surpass Turles. He refused to accept defeat, refused to bow down to a mere Saiyan, no matter how illogically powerful. In the midst of his turmoil, Frieza's thoughts drifted to his past, to the heights of his reign as the emperor of the universe. He remembered the fear he had instilled in others, the absolute authority he wielded over countless planets. As he lay battered and broken on a desolate planet, the imminent threat of its implosion looming overhead, Frieza's resolve remained unbroken. 

But now, faced with his second defeat, he couldn't help but briefly contemplate on the words of his most hated foe. "You were too hasty," Turles's voice echoed, a mocking cadence that cut through Frieza's pride like a knife. "Too caught up in your newfound power after achieving this shiny new form." Frieza winced at the memory, his jaw clenched with frustration. How could he have been so reckless, so foolish, to allow that monkey to point out his flaws?

"Stamina issues when you're this powerful?" Turles's disdain dripped from every syllable. "Pathetic! I expect more from you, Frieza." The sting of Turles's scorn burned deep within Frieza's chest, fueling a smoldering anger that threatened to consume him. He had prided himself on his strength, his power unmatched by any in the universe. And yet, in the face of Turles's tricks and power, he had faltered, his weaknesses laid bare for all to see.

"Like I said before," Turles's voice echoed once more. "I'm more than happy to accept a challenge from you, Frieza. However, do not insult me. Four months," Turles's words echoed, each syllable dripping with contempt. "And you thought that was adequate to defeat me? If you want to face against me, you must believe you can defeat Beerus the Destroyer first!"

A spaceship came descending on the planet he was on. It was due to explode any minute yet, a familiar crew appeared in the distance, exiting the spaceship. A mix of colors and injuries, they revealed themselves to be the Ginyu Force, Raditz, Nappa, and his other loyal soldiers. So they didn’t perish…

“LORD FRIEZA!!!” Captain Ginyu cried alongside the other members of the Ginyu Force.

“I’ll take him to the rejuvenation tanks! You guys hurry to the ship!” Burter rushed to Frieza’s side.

“That damn Turles and his kids! They will regret sparing us!” Nappa cursed.

“Hmph. Although I hate the thought of training again, I’m not stupid enough not to realize how much we need it.” Raditz spat on the ground.

“We’ll show that damn Turles next time!” Abo swore.

As Burter used his incredible speed to bring Frieza to the healing tanks. Frieza also would not give up on his quest to be the ultimate power in the universe. He would surpass Turles, no matter the cost. And so, as the Ginyu Force and the others whisked him away from the brink of destruction, Frieza's ambition reignited. His eyes gleamed with a newfound determination, a fire burning deep within him that refused to be extinguished. For Frieza, this loss might have stung more than anything he’d ever suffered before. Yet, it was only the beginning. 

Next time, he will be ready. Never again will that monkey stand above him. Even if he has to train till he bleeds! Frieza will retake his place as the true Emperor of the Universe!


Disclaimer: This is a work of fanfiction based on the Dragon Ball Z series, which is the property of Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation. I do not claim any ownership of the original characters, settings, or storylines. This work is not intended for commercial use and is solely for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and I am not affiliated with the creators or publishers of Dragon Ball Z in any way.

Shout-out to special Patreon members: Tuan Nguyen

4