Chapter 82: An Oversight?
91 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Piccolo wasn’t one to miss out on an opportunity when it presented itself. All this time, ever since Turles killed the rest of Earth’s strongest defenders, he has been biding his time. In his efforts to retake Earth from its current alien ruler, he has been undertaking multiple objectives. Training, gathering fighters, and gathering information. Although most of the people he’s gathered aren’t worth anything compared to what he had to work with before. It was a start.

So, when Mepple vanished from Earth, he immediately moved into action. Although hiding was pointless due to that scouter of hers, Piccolo has long since understood that Mepple held no plans to kill him. As a proud Namekian warrior, he felt nothing but humiliation and shame at first. However, each time he was defeated and spared by Mepple, he grew stronger and learned more about her.

He promised to make her regret ever treating him like he could never be a threat. The first part of that promise came into play, now. Piccolo was waiting inside Mepple’s office, redecorated into a throne room. Next to him on the floor was a container. It was the only plan he believed could work against Mepple.

A fighter Piccolo considered stupendously strong. He doubted someone as childish and cruel as Mepple actually took the time to train, but if she did, it would make sense why he still hadn’t overpowered her no matter how much his strength grew after each defeat. And for someone like that, his only option was this. Piccolo saw no other way to defeat Mepple before she got bored of sparing him and actually killed him.

In their many battles, she saw just how far his regeneration could go. Sometimes, she even accidentally fatally wounded him before bringing him back to life by healing him and letting him escape to go lick his wounds. Often, he had trouble sleeping due to nightmares. However, Piccolo refused to give in to the pressure. As easy as it would be to just give up and join Gohan and the others in the afterlife, Piccolo knew he would not be headed to where a good-natured brat like Gohan would be. Plus, he had two more reasons to live now.

He was the reincarnation of the Demon King Piccolo! Only he was fit to stand at the top of Earth! Piccolo wouldn’t stop until he was meeting with King Yemma himself once again. There was only one outcome in this feud between Piccolo and Mepple: death or revenge.

There’s also the point that behind Mepple was Turles. Piccolo couldn’t fathom how strong Turles was now compared to when he arrived on Earth. If he couldn’t even deal with Mepple without resorting to tricks, would he even withstand a simple blow from her superior? Although the last time they met, Turles ran for the hills, Piccolo doubted it was because he was frightened of his strength after merging with Kami. Because Mepple arrived soon after that and defeated him too.

Shaking his head, Piccolo focused up. One thing at a time. For now, wait for Mepple’s return. He’ll begin planning his revenge for Turles once he deals with this. It took only a few days for Mepple to return after she abruptly left. Not even a week passed before Piccolo heard the familiar sound of her breathing from somewhere on the premises.

“Sluggie? Have you been waiting for me all this time?! You must have really missed me while I was gone, huh? That’s so cute.” Mepple spoke as if she was talking to a baby.

“Today is the day your rule over Earth comes to an end.” Piccolo narrowed his eyes. “I hope you had your fun.” He smirked. “MAFUBA!!!” An energy wave fired toward Mepple.

“Alright, Sluggie. I’ll bite. What’s this new technique of yours?” Mepple stood still, not intending to dodge it at all. “If it isn’t as impressive as you’re making it out to be, I’m going to slaughter those cute little boogers you threw up.” She giggled.

Piccolo’s energy surged to the max when he heard her threaten Melody and Tune. He knew she wasn’t joking despite the leisurely tone she was using. She’s indirectly killed millions of Earthlings already with her outrageous death games to find Earthlings with the most potential. There was no doubt in his mind that she would not be bothered killing an innocent child. Frieza’s people slaughtered planets on the regular, a mere child was nothing in comparison to that.

Mepple’s screams brought unparalleled bliss and joy to Piccolo’s sensitive ears. Yet, he did not lose focus. If anything, hearing her in such distress heightened his control. He’s been practicing this technique for far too long to mess up now. Piccolo sent Mepple flying directly into the container and properly sealed her up.

He took a deep breath with the container held within his fist. As much as Piccolo wanted to shout, scream, and yell for joy. This was only the beginning of his revenge. It was too early to be satisfied with only accomplishing this much. However, it wouldn’t hurt to let out his true feelings for a moment.

“HA HA HA HA HA!” Piccolo bellowed.

A minute straight of non-stop laughter. By the end of it, Piccolo’s body, mind, and soul felt relief. The woman who was the cause of his nightmares. The woman who held his fate in her hands. The woman who treated him as nothing more than a doll for her to do as she pleased at her leisure… Well, who was laughing now?

Piccolo immediately got to work on preparing to eliminate the rest of Turles’s forces on Earth. After Mepple’s takeover, several other soldiers, a part of Turles’s army, also came with her to ensure Earth was properly subjugated. With 99% of the Earthlings being weaklings, they couldn’t resist against Turles’s men, who were thousands of times stronger than the average Earthlings.

Which left Piccolo, Melody, and Tune to wipe up the soldiers. It was mostly Melody and Tune, the two Namekian children birthed by Piccolo. Piccolo used it as a form of training for them. He would ensure Melody and Tune would not die when facing Turles’s men while they gained valuable fighting experience against foes who would not hold back against them on account of their age.

If there was an enemy they couldn’t handle on their own, Piccolo allowed them to fight together. When that wasn’t enough, he’d weaken the enemy so that they stood a chance rather than stepping in himself. Now that Mepple was out of the picture, Piccolo was the King of Earth. There was no one stronger than him on the planet from what he could sense.

In Piccolo’s plan to get his revenge against Turles, he knew that it wouldn’t be enough just for himself to be strong. According to Mepple, there were three other fighters at her level serving underneath Turles. He couldn’t even take on Mepple directly. So, he knew that it would be suicide trying to face off against any of the others just yet.

For now, Piccolo annihilated Turles’s forces on Earth and patiently bided his time for a counterattack. The Earthlings didn’t know whether to be grateful that the Demon King Piccolo saved them or was just a replacement for the last tyrant. Luckily for them, Piccolo had much bigger things to care about than ruling over Earth. He had to find Earth’s strongest warriors, train them, train himself, ensure Mepple doesn’t get freed, and remake the dragon balls.

Yes, that’s right, remake the dragon balls. Piccolo couldn’t do it, since he was a warrior Namekian. But Melody and Tune were both of the Dragon Clan. There was also the fact that Piccolo had the memories of Kami inside his head. He knew exactly how to teach the two brats about making their own dragon balls.

But now wasn’t the right time to teach them. They needed to become stronger before making the wish orbs. That way, they can make better wishes than Kami ever could. Kami’s dragon balls were limited due to Kami’s weak strength. Certain wishes were impossible just because some wishes surpassed Kami’s own strength. At the very least, Piccolo needed to train them to the point where they were superior to Kami.

A feat they’ve already accomplished, considering they could handle Turles’s men. But they could still go further… Piccolo didn’t know how much time they had until Turles’s army figured out they killed all of his men on Earth, but he would use as much of it as he could. 

“King Kai, I need a favor from you,” Piccolo spoke from atop the Lookout.

‘What’s up, Piccolo?’ King Kai directly spoke into his mind.

“If there are any of Turles’s men coming to Earth, can you warn me ahead of time?” Piccolo requested.

‘Sure, no problem.’ King Kai didn’t have an issue with it. After all, the more people to fight against the Planet Trade Organization’s rapid expansion over the universe, the better.

“Thank you.” Piccolo let out a breath of relief.

He would use the time he had to the utmost! There was no time to waste!


Disclaimer: This is a work of fanfiction based on the Dragon Ball Z series, which is the property of Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation. I do not claim any ownership of the original characters, settings, or storylines. This work is not intended for commercial use and is solely for entertainment purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and I am not affiliated with the creators or publishers of Dragon Ball Z in any way.

Shout-out to special Patreon members: Tuan Nguyen

6