Chapter 5: The Meeting
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ken enters a meeting room drained of colour. He pulls out the rickety swivel chair and replaces it with one from the neatly stacked rows at the corner. Then he gently puts down his leather sling bag on the carpeted floor. Taking a few moments to run through the details of the project in his head; he closes his eyes and 'meditates' for a few seconds.

Then he removes his work laptop from his bag and takes out his earphones. The pair of items make a satisfying ruffle as they are being pulled out. The earphones are cheap, but ironically with a good mic and sound quality. Ken feels the earpiece slot on his laptop and proceeds to plug in the jack comfortably. As he starts to feel cosy, Ken stands up and reaches for the remote control at the centre of the giant meeting table.

After adjusting the temperature until the room feels like the artic, Ken fishes out his charger from the same bag. There are two rows of outlets sitting in front of him, albeit beneath similar rows of flaps.

He sits alone in a meeting room meant for fifteen. Ken takes the time to make sure the background is clear before booting up the virtual meeting software.

He pulls out his smartphone to check his work calendar. Oddly enough, the participants are only himself and the potential new intern. The major project is not due until two and a half weeks from now. He heaves a sigh of relief and puts his hands in his pockets; readying himself for the meeting ahead.

0