Chapter 7: The Result
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ken closes his laptop after waving goodbye. It was a great meeting. However, he is not sure if the potential new hire would fit the role of a intern. I gradually remove my spectacles and twist my head to the left and right. Then I took off my earpieces and stand up to stretch. The meeting overshot by at least fifteen minutes. And after the fact that I have carefully budgeted forty-five minutes for it. It is a careless slip up that I must not repeat. After all, time is money and money equals opportunity.

I close the door gently behind me and head off to the coffee machine at the pantry. I am having trouble keeping my eyes open after that intense meeting. It was not suppose to be so but it took a direction that I did not quite expect. The interviewee is quite skilled to say the least.

He is very adept at justifying why he is suitable for our internship position. Meanwhile, I thought that his skills will be much better suited elsewhere. But who knows, maybe having a talented recruit that is bubbly and cheerful will do wonders for this office.

I step into a colourful room. The pantry is well-furnished, with exotic snacks from every continent. The usually popular items like bananas and bags of nuts are already refilled. I look at my watch, it is half past ten. Wasting no time, I grab the coffee from the free dispenser and make my way to the standing desk. There, my colleagues are eagerly awaiting me.

0