The Virgin’s Fated – Chapter Nineteen and Twenty
137 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The castle guards open the doors to the dining room. It was enormous, like everything else in this castle. A large mahogany table was at the center of the room. Various plates and dining wares lined the table. There were only two chairs, one on either end of the long table. He led me to the far end of the table, to a small chair. Compared to the other chair at the dining table, it was pretty large and bulky, while the one I stood at was small yet feminine. The guard pulled the seat out for me to sit. He carried himself courteously and distinguishably, waiting for me to take my place, so I did. The cushion was soft and felt fantastic against my bottom. The sole guard did not leave my side. Instead, he patiently waited for the other party to show up, which felt like hours. In reality, the waiting wasn’t that long.

 

My previous encounter with the Prince shot my nerves to hell, and I noticed my dress was becoming see-through. This material seemed designed to react to sweat. Was it to embarrass me or to distract important VIPs? I didn’t know, but it was inconvenient. Prince Barrios entered the room from a door behind me. I knew it was him because the guard cleared his throat after turning to see who had entered. He passed me wearing an even more impressive uniform than he had earlier. Prince Bardas didn’t seem to be here, and one guard accompanied him. His uniform was all white, with medals pinned on both his flat breasts. Around his waist was a belt made of gold with what had to be an elegant saber in a sheath. 

 

He sat at his place without emotion, then waved the guard away. I hesitated to do the same because I didn’t want to be alone with him again. That encounter had taken a toll on my emotions. I was still recovering from the ordeal and did not know what had happened to my body or mind. He had put me in this trance. That is the best way I can explain it. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. These thoughts weren’t sexual, at least not yet. I tried my damndest not to let my mind go there. This Prince put half of me off by the very start. I wasn’t gay by any long shot. The females I had seen thus far were more my type. My tastes certainly attracted me to the female gender. My experiences with Eulalia and Leonita proved that. Yet there was a nagging thought eating away at my mind all day. I confirmed it when I was alone with Prince Barrios and Prince Bardas. My mind tried to ignore it, but that same feeling of being aroused happened when I first saw them. Then his brother touched me, and that feeling grew.

 

In fact, my arousement began manifesting right now. The dark Prince calmly gazes across the table at me. He looked me right in the eyes as if he was right before me. Never taking them off me. For some reason, that upset me. Was he trying to intimidate me? His face showed no sign of what his intentions were. I had no idea of what he was feeling. I was never good at reading people, but I had a gut feeling about whether someone was good. With Prince Barrios, I didn’t know one way or the other. He was a mysterious enigma. One that I didn’t know if I wanted to figure out. I tried to break the gaze he cast upon me. 

 

“So, what do you want to talk about?” I said shakily. My voice sounded like a little girl, unsure of herself.

 

He answered my question in silence. His eyes never left their watch over me. By now, I knew my nipples were quite visible even with the gold-plated material. My dress was shiny and damp from my sweat. This served to make me even more nervous. Was he admiring my ample breasts? If he were, that would be a relief. I paused for a moment and rethought that idea. Maybe that wasn’t such a good thing after all. Having him attracted to me would guarantee certain things that I was not ready to accept. Like he was reading the thought in my head, he finally spoke.

 

“I’d like to get to know you more… tell me about your childhood…,” Prince Barrios said.

 

“My childhood?” I said.

 

“Yes, tell me what your personality was like?” the Prince inquired.

 

“Look, I was a normal kid with normal wants and needs. I dreamed of stupid childish things. Nothing special about me or my personality, okay!” I said defensively. It was a shock I told it that way.

 

I didn’t want to tell him any more than that. My brothers and I had a tough childhood. We were always together at home and inseparable for a reason. Together, we were stronger than separately. In school, we were apart, and there, the problem became the source of my disdain for Prince Barrios and his kingdom. Certain classmates bullied me and my brothers at every chance. Shit, I’m still not used to this sister thing! Being female only furthered my negative emotions toward Prince Barrios and his brother. Anytime we were apart, it happened. They only saw us as tools to promote their power in Sidra. They behave similarly to the boys we knew growing up. Many classmates were always trying to divide us during games or sneaky plots. It was the reason I hated bullies. As we got older, we learned to fight on our own. Most of our classmates knew us for looking out for the little guy. Our reputation made us famous in junior high and high school. Being physically adept at constantly defending ourselves made us good at any sport. By my eighteenth birthday, I had buried all that in memories. Something I regarded as being in the past. Now, all that has come back in the worst and most epic way.

 

“Don’t you want to protect the people of your kingdom?” Prince Barrios asked.

 

“Of course I do!” I countered.

 

“How will you achieve that?” the dark Prince questioned.

 

“By negotiating, I guess. But, I mean, what is it that your kingdom wants?” I snapped.

 

“Justice…,” the Prince whispered.

 

“What does that mean exactly?” I said.

 

“Those before you broke a promise. Now it falls to you to remedy that.” Barrios revealed.

 

“You mean the arranged marriage your great-grandfather had wanted with my predecessors?” I said.

 

“No… but that is another matter entirely.” he said.

 

“Then what promise are you referring to?” I questioned.

 

“An ancient promise that the Kingdom of Sidra was to keep,” Barrios revealed further.

 

“How do you expect me to negotiate a remedy when you give me these vague details about a promise I know nothing about!” I retorted, yet I didn’t know why.

 

“It’s not my place to tell you… that is something you must discover on your own. But, in the meantime, there is something you can do to ease tensions.” the Prince said.

 

“Oh, that’s good to know! What would that be?” I said sarcastically.

 

“Our armies stand at your border. Well, they did. As we speak, they march here. I estimate our armies will arrive in a matter of days.” Prince Barrios pointed out.

 

“What!!! I thought you came here to negotiate peace! Why would you do this?” I shouted, standing up. My breasts jiggled wildly, as did my bottom, causing the bells to ring.

 

He smiled, standing up, walking to my side of the table.

 

“You’re just going to ignore me? Why would you send your armies here?”

 

“You have no armies to stop us. Past confrontations have stretched the military forces of Sidra to their breaking point. Here at your capital sits the bulk of your forces, who are already severely under-manned. Taking the capital now will completely break your kingdom’s ability to wage war.” Prince Barrios informed.

 

“What are you saying?” I said a little tremble in my voice.

 

“That this kingdom will fall…,” Barrios whispered.

 

“Then why come here in the first place, huh? Why give these people hope at peace just to come here to crush them, anyway?” I blurted.

 

“All they have to do is surrender, and no bloodshed has to occur. We are not without mercy.” the dark Prince said.

 

“What? Do you want me to convince them to surrender? Is that why you came? To mock them and force their Royals to ask them to surrender?” I stuttered.

 

“Not really; we could have taken this kingdom years ago.” Prince Barrios said.

 

“So I guess that was bullshit about easing tensions!” I snapped.

 

“No, you can ease tensions…” he said.

 

“How?” I asked coldly

 

“Come with me…,” the Prince asked

 

“Huh, come with you? Where is that supposed to be?” I exclaimed. I was angry. All this was for nothing. 

 

“All I ask… is that you come with me. No questions, just come…,” Prince Barrios whispered now that he was inches from me.

 

“You have got to be out of your mind!” I shouted, not caring how close he was.

 

“The Kingdom of Retallia is our ally. They won’t aid you in a war, even if your sisters convince them to help. After all, they intend to invade you as well. The Kingdom of Silveria may have advanced technology, but they won’t lift a finger to help either. Retallia will settle if we can come to an agreement.” Barrios said.

 

“My sisters will find a way,” I said, barely.

 

“What it comes down to is you. If you come with me, Retallia and Byzantia will reinforce the Kingdom of Sidra. Your sisters can stay here together and rule. Your people will be safe.” the Prince said.

 

“Safe from what? Your Kingdom or Retallia?” I challenged him.

 

“I suggest you learn more about how much danger your people are in. There are other threats other than my Kingdom and Retallia. Threats that are far less civilized and show no mercy.” the dark Prince said.

 

All I could do was stand there. Prince Barrios was right; I knew nothing about this world or its people, let alone the very people I protected as my responsibilities. I was in a situation that had but one path. Unseen forces set in motion the events I now faced the moment I woke up here. 

 

“Why are you doing this?” I whispered. My voice had a hint of defeat in it.

 

“All you have to do is say yes…,” he said, touching my chin.

 

“You want me to say yes just so you can, what? Hold me prisoner or torture me?” I said weakly.

 

“All I ask is for you to come with me. I have no interest in anything else…” Prince Barrios said.

 

“Then why is your kingdom sending its armies here?” I questioned.

 

“That was the plan from the beginning. There was no stopping that. Not until I saw you…,” the Prince whispered.

 

“You can’t be serious. Are you telling me that if I go with you’ll call decades of fighting off? No, centuries of wars, then have said armies protect YOUR enemies?” I snapped.

 

“That’s what I’m saying…” Barrios said.

 

“God, you’re an ASS! These people do not know what’s about to happen, do they? If I say no, it’s over!” I tried to yell, but only tears came out.

 

“Then stop it from happening.” Prince Barrios challenged. 

 

I couldn’t think straight anymore. Constance, her sisters, my handmaidens, the people of this Kingdom had waited three hundred years for us to come. They had fought and held on for so long for a reality that was already decided. That was this Kingdom’s fate. It rides on one person’s choice. One person who will change their combined faiths. A sacrifice that was fated to be mine. And that person was me.

Chapter Twenty

 

Prince Barrios had returned to his place when the chef brought dinner out to the table. It was more food than I could eat, let alone two people. A large turkey and lamb were the main course, with dozens of side dishes. From corn, peas, mashed potatoes, various salads, and even dishes that I had never seen before. It all smelled delicious and helped distract me from the tense conversation I had minutes before. The silverware was gold and silver lined. Our plates were that of exquisite china. All my life, I had never dreamed of eating at a table like this. My mouth was watering from all the food in front of me. 

 

“Shall we say a prayer?” Prince Barrios asked.

 

I was stunned that it was a thing here, but I was relieved that he had asked. That was something I was used to back home. Knowing that eased the stress I was feeling. I nodded, and we bowed our heads and said a silent prayer. My first bite was full of such amazing tastes. The food was excellently prepared. Now that I was eating, I realized how hungry I was. From the moment I got here, I hadn’t had a single thing to eat or drink. My taste buds were exploding with all the taste that I was experiencing. I found that I was having fun.

 

“You can have it all if you come with me…” he said as I realized he was still watching me. 

 

“But wouldn’t I already get this as the High Queen?” I asked, noticing he hadn’t taken one bite.

 

“With me, you wouldn’t have to worry about anything…,” Prince Barrios said.

 

“Why do you want me to go with you anyway?” I asked.

 

“You are different… something new…,” he said.

 

“Yet If I say no, so many will suffer…,” I whispered.

 

“Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you were a queen?” Prince Barrios said

 

“Until this morning, no. I never once thought about that. To be honest I would rather be a normal person. I don’t deserve any of this.” I asked.

 

“I see. Nevertheless, I want you to come with me.” Prince Barrios said.

 

There was this want in the way he said it. Almost like he needed me to come with him. I sat there, baffled by what he was saying. 

 

“I don’t understand you at all…,” I said.

 

“Then come with me so you will…,” the Prince said.

 

“What is this? Are you trying to get me to fall for you or something?” I asked.

 

“Would it change your choice?” Prince Barrios asked.

 

I thought about what he said, and it didn’t change anything. He was using our kingdom's situation to get something he wanted. And that something happened to me. I had perhaps days to make a decision. 

 

“Can I ask something?” I questioned.

 

“Yes,” he said.

 

“How much time do I have to answer?” I asked. 

 

“By the end of the night…,” the Prince said.

 

A loud bang reverberated through the room. I jumped at the sound, turning in time to see the doors being flung open. A tall, slender man with white hair and golden eyes walked briskly into the room. With him were two other men. The three men were all white military-style uniforms, which differed from the one worn by Prince Barrios. The man with white hair stopped midway between Prince Barrios and me. He glared at them with a focus intensity I had never experienced. His short white-haired matched his pale white skin, enhancing his glaring golden eyes. His triangular face and high-arched eyes only added to the ominous facial expressions he gave me. Even his long, slender, pointed nose matched his overall height, along with his angular cheekbones and pointed v-shaped jawline.

 

The man stood with his aid beside him before finally speaking.

 

“Indeed the armies of the greatest and strongest Kingdom will arrive in mere hours. The sun is setting for the husk of Sidra. A new era will be ushered in. A new age will rise up from the broken mess that once was the heart of Elona… replaced with an iron fist,” the menacing man said.

 

“Wait, you said that your armies won’t be here for a few days!” I cried.

 

“A few days or a few hours. Would that make a difference?” Prince Barrios said.

 

“So you lied to me?” I shouted.

 

“No, my armies are in fact days away. My father will be here by morning…,” he revealed.

 

“It is irreverent whether Prince Barrios’s armies arrive or not. The coming battle has been decided. Once my forces subdue the capital and grand palace, the good prince can do whatever he pleases with you and your dear sisters. I’m sure you would make an excellent companion fit for royalty,” the man said.

 

“What! Who the hell are you?” I yelled, standing up. Again, my breasts jiggled wildly like bouncing balls.

 

“Prince Bardas is heading to him now. In an attempt to stall him.” Prince Barrios said.

 

“I’m afraid he isn’t. As I am in command of the forces bound for the Capital. I, General Moff Tiberius Octavius Constantius III. I will be the one to bring down the legacy of Sidra and forge a new one which will last throughout the ages,” the Moff said.

 

“Why would my father put you of all people in command of his armies?” Prince Barrios questioned. The look on his face was more anger than confusion or surprise.

 

“To ensure victory. What other reason would there be?” he asked.

 

“You are not even a general in our military. You have no authority or power to command our armies of a Royal member of the House of Revennaut,” Prince Barrios said.

 

“My boy, I need not remind you that we are allies. My fearsome legions have been added to your mighty armies. This was the command of your father. One that your brother will discover once he returns to Byzantia,” General Moff Constantius III revealed.

 

The fearsome Prince glanced at me. His eyes said something terrible was about to unfold. I looked to the General. He was fearsome, but in a way that was worlds apart from Prince Barrios. He scared me more than anything. Not only was the Kingdom of Byzantia marching here, but these legions of some country or Kingdom I had no idea about.

 

“Then I am sorry… Sidra will fall before the next sunrise. The arrival of the Legions of Imperium has all but assured this…,” Prince Barrios whispered. 

 

“I can’t do this anymore!” I yelled, walking as fast as I could to the exit. 

 

Prince Barrios cut me off before I reached the doors. I stopped as he stood in my way.

 

“Get outta my way!” I shouted.

 

“What do you intend to do, fight? Why, when I have offered you an alternative?” Prince Barrio questioned.

 

“All this was a distraction as your armies drew closer! I can’t believe I was stupid enough to fall for this bullshit!” I cried.

 

“You are not stupid. You are doing the best you can for a people you know nothing about. That enough speaks to your character.” Prince Barrio said.

 

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?” I said.

 

“You must do what you can for your people. Trust me, I know the feeling…,”  the Prince said.

 

“I’m supposed to believe that you know what I’m going through?” I asked.

 

“I believe that you will do what you have too. That you would die for this kingdom without a single thought. I know this just from looking at you. That is why I’m asking you to come with me. To live…,”  Prince Barrio said.

 

“How am I going to live? I’ll be a prisoner, a slave to you.” I said.

 

“That’s not what I mean. If you say no… you will die and your siblings will die because of you.. You’ll die protecting this kingdom. If you come with me, you will live. They’ll live and so will this kingdom.” the Prince said.

 

I felt my legs giving way. Before I fell, something stopped me. It was him, and he had caught me before I collapsed. My body felt so heavy from the stress. Yet he held me up gently. I felt tiny compared to him, and tears were pouring out of my tear ducts. What was I going to do? They came here with the intention to go to war. Who was I to think my life meant more than anyone here? If I can stop all of this? Shouldn’t I? The alternative was the death of my sisters and these people. How he knew this, I didn’t know. But I believed him. If I said no, everyone here would die. I couldn’t let that happen.

 

“Your life doesn’t have to end. Come with me and live…,” Prince Barrio said.

 

“How can I say no? What other choice is there to make? Can’t you see I have no choice…,” I whispered, looking down.

 

“Yes, you do. This has always been your choice.” the Prince said.

 

“How do you know all this?” I asked.

 

“It was a choice that I made a long time ago…,” he said.

 

What did that mean? Time was running out now. His father’s armies could already be outside the city. Would I be the first to be notified of such a serious development? If not, that might mean that I was being kept in the dark on purpose. But to what end? I had to find out. Constance would know. She was one of the three current rulers. Now I had to find a way to pull from his embrace. He still held me firmly in his arms. I clung to his body, my hands against his chest. He wiped the tears from my eyes. What was going through this man’s head? On one hand, his kingdom was intending to do harm to everyone living in this city. On the other hand, he sought to avoid that catastrophe. In order to save this kingdom that had become my charge, I had to trust in this man. Until today, I had no idea that a person existed.

 

“I-I… have to put… my faith in you… that is all I can do…,” I whispered.

 

“Come with me…,” he replied.

 

He took my hand and led me out of the dining room. I stared at his back as he led the way. The guards that lined the corridors saluted as we passed. There was a difference in his aura, a more focused, more determined purpose about him. The fear and intimidation I had felt from him before was all gone. Replaced with a longing, a hope, a desire for him to. I pause in my thoughts. What did I want him to do? What did I wish to happen? Could I want him, need him? Had I known the moment I woke up that I would want this man to… protect me? Yesterday I would have called bullshit on that. I would laugh in your face. Me? Being a girl, that was what? Falling in love? Until we reached a roof on the south side of the castle. It was well beyond where I had been or known about. This castle was vast, and as he took me to the edge of the roof.

 

He pointed out to the horizon. There, I saw the lights coming over the horizon. To the south and west were filled with countless dots of orangish lights. I didn’t have to be told what those were. They were the armies that Prince Barrios spoke of. In mere hours, they would be here. As for the army that protected this city. They were dwarfed in comparison. Not even a slight fraction of the size that marched upon them. To the north and east were long lines of lights. They were leaving the city. There was no way that Constance didn’t know this. Everyone knew this long before I did. She had put all her faith in me. Now, I had to put all my faith in him.

____

“I will come with you… Prince Barrios. I’m putting the fate of the Kingdom of Sidra and the Central Kingdoms in your hands. I’m putting my fate in you… my trust. I know I can’t stop you from not upholding your promise…,” I said, looking him in the eyes.

 

In mere hours, the fate of this kingdom was about to be decided. He has promised that it won’t happen. If I choose to come with him, a decision I have made at this moment. He stared back into my eyes. As usual, I had no inkling of what was going through his mind. His intentions were his alone. And now I was his and no doubt his brother too. I waited for him to say something. Make a statement or do anything that would signal the coming massacre was avoided.

 

“Are you going to say anything?” I said impatiently.

 

He turned me around to face the western view of the horizon. With one hand on my waist and the other touching my neck. He ran his fingers slowly down my spine. My body trembled as his fingers inched down. I responded by grabbing his hand on my stomach. In return, he held me closer, still running his fingers. Was he trying to arouse me on purpose? Now, at a time like this? My thighs trembled, and even with these heels, I was on my toes.

 

“What are you doing?” I whispered, almost moaning.

 

“Show them who you are, Princess Aria…,” he whispered in my ears.

 

“I don’t understand what you mean.”

 

“You were brought here by magic because you are the embodiment of magic. Show them that you are not just a Royal. Show them that you are the High Queen…,” he answered as he reached the small of my back.

 

His touch was more tantalizing than I had realized. I was losing control of my emotions and my body. He could feel my body reacting to his touch as he moved over my bottom. I let out a whimper as he cuffed my buttock. The way he touched me was arousing me by the second. His hand found the slit in my dress, and my body jumped when his fingers ran over my mound. My free hand covered my crotch as I tried to find his hand. The lips of my mound were parted as his finger went inside my wet vagina. I whimpered and squirmed as he switched between caressing my clitoris and fingering my vagina.

 

“Show them now…,” he said, breathing hot air into my ears. His manhood was pressing against my bottom now.

 

“Show them what?” I said, moaning.

 

A fever of energy rose up from my womb through my stomach. This energy was unlike anything I had felt before. There was a sudden drop in the air. A stillness had suddenly come from nowhere. The night sky became crystal clear. My body was hotter than I had ever been. His fingers worked their way inside of me. My thighs, hips, and stomach convulsed with the movements of his fingers. A bluish light appeared outside the castle walls. Well, in front of the troops that stood in defense of the castle. This light turned to a line that spread around the city in both directions. In a few seconds, I knew it had encircled the whole city. Something caused me to pause. A feeling that told me to wait just a few more seconds. Enough that anyone near this bluish light would be at a safe distance.

 

This feeling told me that it was time. I closed my eyes and imagined a wall. One that would protect this city. A wall that would be so high that no one could climb over it. One so deep that none could dig underneath it. A wall so strong that no army could break through its walls. These thoughts came to me as if they were natural to me. I opened my eyes to see snowflakes. Ice was building on the ground around me. It was spreading from me, yet I felt no coldness. The temperature was the opposite for me. I felt hot, like I was burning up. Barrios was still fingering my womanhood, and I felt I was nearing a climax. The whole time, he held me. From the blue light, Ice erupted from the ground. Giant pillars and chunks of glacier ice slid into place all around the city. This wall towered over the main castle walls and city walls. Four gates made of ice form at the corresponding gates in the city.

 

It was now snowing heavily, and hail had fallen outside the glacial ice wall. A blizzard formed on the south and west horizon. While the east and west were clear skies. Now that it was finished, I realized that I had several orgasms during the event. I looked down to see that Barrios’s feet were encased in ice. He had finished pleasuring me, and I twisted around to see what had happened. 

 

“I’m sorry!” I cried.

 

“I’m fine…,” he said as the ice around his legs melted. Steam rose as the ice turned to water.

 

“What happened?”

 

“You used your magic to protect the city. After that display, my father will hold back for now.”

 

“But if that was all I had to do then…,” I asked him dumbfoundedly.

 

“I wanted you to come with me on your own.”

 

Before I could say another word, he kissed me with such passion any anger I had melted away. He embraced me and held me as close as he could. I instinctively kissed him back. He had wanted me to choose him. I had to find out why he wanted that. What was I to him? At the same time, I wanted to be upset. I wanted to pull away or at least slap him. Instead, I was glued to him like we were one being. Was this what Constance had meant? 

___

My footsteps echoed loudly in the long corridor. The sole sound other than my apprehensive breathing as I hastily walked to my destination. A deep lump was forming in my throat. I didn’t want to be here, nor did I want to do my current task. The tails of my silky white dress flipped at my quick movements. My bare feet echoed loudly as the slapping of flesh hit the cold marble floor of the castle. I hesitated to look at myself in the countless mirrors that lined either side of the long hallway. Brightly lit by the excessive torches that lit the way. I was just one of many of the Earl's servants. A sisterhood of sisters by oath and by blood. We had many mothers, but all of them shared the same father. Many of us held the position that the Earl himself was our father. I… I had my doubts about that. Something like that would be a cruel fate for anyone. Beside my long, silky, smooth white hair and crystal clear golden eyes. None of my sisters had any feature remotely similar to him. For one, he was male. A curse that our father suffered. In his madness, he birthed hundreds of daughters but not a single son. I was the eldest, only turning nineteen on the last full moon. 

 

My breasts jiggled as I walked faster and faster to reach my objective. Though my legs were long and toned but thick. Thoughts of angering the Earl danced around in my mind. I had the unfortunate curse of having the Earl’s favor. He admired me… as he stated… intriguing body. It was terrifying to know such a thing. The massive chamber doors were coming into view. Guarded by his most elite soldiers. A mindless bunch of godly, strong beings. Whether they were human or something else was a mystery.

 

The towering guardians eyed me as I approached. Most of the elite were granted a certain gift in exchange for their loyal services. Those gifts were in the form of our mothers. As the Earl put it, ‘Only the best for his most trusted to lay their seed in.’ And that, indeed, is what they do. I was aware of my… many smaller siblings from these… men. It did keep them loyal. I suppose they feared the Earl as much as I did, considering how strong they were. Maybe that was in comparison to me? Both stared at me for several moments before opening the chamber doors.

 

Inside led to a larger chamber that was set up as an office and bedroom quarters. The Earl was at his desk with his back turned. This was the highest point in the castle. I could see the glaciers that the castle overlooked. A deep chasm surrounds the castle, making any attack impossible. I rarely had the chance to see the Earl. None of my other sisters have really seen him. 

 

“Cliona Shadowsoul… how good of you to join me tonight,” the Earl said.

 

He slightly turned back, looking at me. His eyes were hidden behind the shiny round glasses he so often wore. That weird top hat he wore all the time helped to hide his face as well. It had a red cloth around it that always gave me the impression of blood. What I did see of his face was his smile. One that seemed impossible to maintain, yet that smile was always there. He showed his pristine white teeth, which sometimes reminded me of a monster. He stood, revealing his heavyset yet tall frame. The clothes he wore differed from what I knew of the world. A black suit with a white shirt and a black ribbon around his neck. He carried a weird-looking cane with a disturbing head. The Earl’s hands were gloved in white cloth gloves. He bowed as he turned towards me.

 

“I… I have come to inform you. That the Fates have arrived here in Yura?” I said weakly.

 

“Awe here in our little old continent. Which set are we talking about here?” he said in a cheerful voice. He sounded like an old man as he chuckled.

 

“I don’t understand what you mean?”

 

“My dear Cliona, there are in fact three sets of Fates that have appeared here on this world of Elona. The games are about to start…,” 

 

The unnatural laughter that came out from his mouth sent chills down my spine. He danced like it was the beginning of some festival.

1