The Virgin’s Fated – Chapter Five
331 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This isn't right... where... where am I?"

There was nothing but a long road laid out in front of me. The sky was weird and frightening. A raging storm looming overhead. The clouds speed by like a time elapsed video. The clouds seemed to pass by for an eternity, and it was as if I was watching a never-ending movie. Lighting struck the landscape before me and all around me. It was a barren environment, devolved of all life. Nothing but a dead desert stretching in all directions as far as the eye could see. For some reason, I looked at my hands and forearms. That's when I noticed I was wearing a dress, a long, flowing white dress. It seemed out of place. Why was I wearing it? Before, I was naked. My long silky black hair blew with the wind over my shoulders. The ominous feeling was overwhelming. I shouldn't be here. This is no place for a human.

I felt a shadow casting itself upon the land. It weighed heavily on me. My instincts warned me to turn around, but fear swelled up inside me. What was behind me was worse. I wanted nothing but to leave this forsaken place. What could I possibly gain from turning around to what I knew to be an ungodly horror. But something beckoned me to turn around. It pulled at me with unseen hands. The invisible presence seemed to whisper in my ear.

"Turn around." A voice whispered in such a low voice I barely heard it.

Shivers ran down my back, and I held myself. I wanted no part of this... this... I didn't know what it was. I only knew it was there, and it wanted me to turn around. A bitter, icy wind swept past me, sending chills through my soul. I have to run! I can't stay here. Death awaits me. I tried taking a step to run because my body didn't move an inch. I couldn't move... This... thing wouldn't let me go. It wanted me to turn around. I slightly turned my head to look over my shoulder. I didn't want to, but the urge to look was overwhelming. My teeth chatter, and my body shudders at what was behind me. It took an unrelenting effort to stop myself from looking over my shoulder. A crackling thunder lashed out from behind me. An almost lightening type of thunder, but it wasn't. The crackling echoed like some gigantic beast roaring over the landscape. No, this could be nothing like lightning. It sounded more like massive tree limbs breaking and cracking in the wind. The overwhelming crackling sounded like an enormous tree when it fell except the cracking sound was louder than any tree I had ever seen.

"Turn around." The voice whispered.

A shudder overtook my body, and all my efforts melted away. My body moved on its own again and I slowly took a step forward as I pivoted to turn around. The sight I witnessed sent a fear through my soul I never experienced in my entire life. What were my eyes seeing? What could this frightening sight be? This massively tall, towering tree rose into the atmosphere. I could not see the top of the tree as it disappeared into space. Was this even a tree? The blackened tree was twisted, and its limbs moved as if they were a living creature. They moved and turned, mixing into each other, forming new limbs. They grew and shrunk all at once. The entire black and scarred tree emitted this ear shattering pulse that felt like a heartbeat. Its trunk took up a significant portion of the landscape. The black bark had many deep cracks in it, and a low glow came from within the cracks.

I looked behind this monstrosity of a tree at a mountain range. The silhouette was one I recognized from home. This... this... was the city I grew up in. I was miles away, yet I knew the tree sat at the place my home was. The blackened land around the eerie tree absorbed all the light as if it was a black abyss. Its roots spilled a malice into the ground that slowly creeped farther and farther away from it. The road I stood on was one that led straight to it. None of this made any sense. All I felt was impending doom. My life was in danger just standing here. What was happening? I need to run to get as far away from this place as I can. My body wouldn't move. For the second time, I had no control over my movements, but this time. This time... something was holding me in place. A Force of unknowable power was keeping me here. It... it wanted me to see. To fear what I saw. This force... feed on my fear. And it would not let me go.

Somehow, I found the strength to turn. I ran... I ran as fast as I could. The long stretch of road is my only guide. Where is this place? Am I dreaming or is this real? All I want to do is get away from here. This strange and abnormal world had an ungodly dread to it. There wasn't a doubt in my mind this place reeked of pure evil. The towering ominous blackened tree is a sure sign of the evil lurking here. I ran faster and faster down the highway until I stepped on something wet and sticky. This thick, icky black substance covered the ground, swallowing my bare foot. I took a step, only to fall down into the dark liquid. It had the consistory of tar but seemed to move and ripple. Small black droplets slowly levitate from all around me before falling towards the sky. It defied the laws of physics. The black goo showered upwards as if it was raining in reverse. The blackish tar had a purplish tint to it. I tried sitting up, but the goo clung to me, holding me in place. I crawled up my body like it had a living purpose. A black and purplish mist began rising from the black rain around. A malevolent energy emitted from it. It threatened to swallow me whole. Fear and adrenaline kicked in. I clawed and tar the blackish goo off my body. I struggled to fight the grip the substance had on me, but I scrambled through the dark water with all my will. My hands sunk in more and more with each motion I made. My body sank into the road as if the black goo was a pond or creek, but that could not be possible. Ahead of me, I could still see the highway in the distance. There was no way my body could be sinking. It covered the road like rain would. How could this even be possible? The reverse rain picked up as if the storm above was attempting to drown me in its torrential rains. Except the storm was raging under my hands and feet.

This was nothing like the place I woke up in. I can't be here. I have to find a way out... any way out. Any place but here would be worlds better than here. I didn't care anymore how I got here. My only reasoning was to get away from here. The thought of drowning was just beneath, wanting and hoping to get out. The black goo creeps up to my chest, bogging me down. My body felt heavier and heavier by the second as it engulfed me. The thick haze around me grew thicker.

"I can't get this stuff off me!" I yelled, fighting to crawl my way out.

With each attempt to pull the goo off my body, the more my hands became slumped with the black goo. It stuck to my hands and body like an impossibly thick layer of cheese. Strings of it fell off my body like tentacles... They moved.

"My God, they're moving!" I shouted in fear.

More and more of the black water was gathering. The small pool was turning into a large pond that was getting deeper with each moment. I was crawling through like I was in deep mud. I felt it tighten and wrap around my extremities. Pulling me down, weighing me down. This stuff would not let me go. I could see the edge of the pond growing farther away. The now embankment was an impossible distance away at my current speed. I might as well have been in quicksand. This was the end for me. I was going to be sucked into this crap. I kicked and screamed, trying to swim in the unnatural waters. Every fiber of my being fought to stay afloat. Just when I thought shit couldn't get any fucking worse. Hundreds of hands crept out of the surrounding water. Hands that had eyes with red pupils fought to pull me under. The tentacles entangled my body along with the hundreds of hands. I couldn't even scream in terror, less I swallow whatever hellish substance this was. They pulled at my body, making it sink faster. Before I knew it, my head lingered just above the water. A bulge in the water emerged in front of me. A pair of red eyes appeared as the shape of a human head formed. Right before my eyes, the thing began resembling me. The way I looked in the world I was now in. This other me grabbed my face with fury. Her eyes burned with a rage I had never known.

Then, in a moment, there was nothing. Just the absence of anything. All the fear and dread drained away in an instance. I stood still in a heap of sweat. I felt the rapid respirations of my chest as I tried to calm down. The darkness still obscured my vision. No sound of any kind. Just the darkness and my thoughts. Then an abruptly loud knock at the door frightening and I jump backward in a hesitation. Taking several steps backward on instinct, my bare feet slipped on something, causing me to stumble as I lost my step. In a panic, I overcompensated as my body twisted as I fought to balance myself. I failed miserably, spinning off and around in a circle, against the canopy bed.

"Ouch... Ouch... Ouch!" I blurted.

I instinctively clutched my breast tightly with both hands. I was breathing harder than a few moments before. My hands squeezed them without me registering it. The pound of my heart thumped like a jackhammer within my chest. Sweat dripped down my forehead as my vision went from blurry to clear and back again. My head ringed loudly as if I had been beating over the head multiple times. Another incredibly loud knock at the door prompted me to look up to the door and grasp. I had been standing in front of the door. Tears welled up in my eyes as I gazed at the door. There were scratches... the door... had scratches. Several hundred scratches, etched into the... as if something wanted out. But the only being in the room was me. What could I do but sit there gently, squeezing my ample breasts in my hands with no words to explain what I saw. I looked cautiously at my fingers. I cringed... My stomach instantly dropped, and I genuinely felt like gagging, but all I could do reasonably was stare at them in shock.

7